Random Thoughts....

For those that care: Just got some bad news via text. CrazyJeeper stuffed his VF500F into the back of a Lexus RX and is currently in the hospital. Heading that way now. He's well enough to text, so it shouldn't be that bad.

Shit! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

For those that care: Just got some bad news via text. CrazyJeeper stuffed his VF500F into the back of a Lexus RX and is currently in the hospital. Heading that way now. He's well enough to text, so it shouldn't be that bad.
Damn, poor bugger - I hope he is OK. I hope his bike can be saved too. Stuff the f****** Lexus.

Life just sucks. From the moment we're born we start to die. All life is, is a constant struggle to last that one more day...and another...and another...until we finally slip away into the aether of death and whatever lies beyond.

I know its pessimistic, but its just the way things are. I try to be an optimist as much as I can, but when your brain isn't wired right and you can't always see the bright side of things, its hard to do.

Maybe I'll attempt to get some of my writing published or try and kick up an acting career. Those were always things I thought of doing when I was in high school. I love writing and I do acting...sort of....every weekend. Only problem with that is its very hard to find a talent agency around here that's not a total scam.

I'm not ruling out college completely. I just know now is probably not the right time for me to go. I don't even know what I want to do for sure, I sort of hurried into it and couldn't even get all the classes I needed because I was so late in registration. I'd rather do it properly, with enough time to make sure I get everything I need - supplies, file a FAFSA form to see if I even can get any financial aid, scholarships, things like that.

I hate the fact that everyone wants a college degree on a resume these days. College really isn't for everybody. I had a thought when I was talking with my dad that it might not be so bad if they offered you the ability to get your first bachelor's or associate degree for free and if you want to continue schooling after that, then you have to pay. But it'll never work like that. And its sad, really, because that would probably give a lot more people the incentive to go to college and try. If I knew I could take a course in college and automatically not have to pay (scholarships and grants and financial aid can make it possible, but you have to meet certain requirements and fill out forms and wait forever to find out if you're even eligible), I would probably do it - simply because I'd be able to figure out if I liked it, and if I did I could continue, get my degree and be on my way and if I didn't, my family wouldn't have lost any money and I'd know that college is not what I want to do and I'd be able to move on and find something else.

Last edited:

Hope he's alright
Keep us posted if you can

Shit. Please keep us updated and let him know that all our thoughts and that are with him :(

Crap, hope he's alright.

Wasn't so long back one of my mates crashed his bike, 30mph over a 4x4 bonnet when she pulled out on him. Broken leg and shattered ankle, I still think he's lucky to be walking again just a few months on!
xicedlovexoxo said:
Life just sucks. From the moment we're born we start to die. All life is, is a constant struggle to last that one more day...and another...and another...until we finally slip away into the aether of death and whatever lies beyond.
Well, sort off.
I've always considered that a short life that was enjoyed is better than a long life of misery. Can't stop trying until you find the enjoyment though, thats the aim of the game.

Life just sucks. From the moment we're born we start to die. All life is, is a constant struggle to last that one more day...and another...and another...until we finally slip away into the aether of death and whatever lies beyond

Yikes... if you're that depressed and hopeless please get some help soon.

I'm not telling you to buck up and be positive, it's going to take lots of time and effort but it sounds like you are quite depressed. Take it from someone who knows, every single day you spend wallowing in your own depression it will make pulling yourself out that much harder. Like I said before think about one thing at this point and that is curing your depression... social life, school, career and all that stuff is trivial and what's more, they will probably solve themselves once the depression is gone.

There are optimists in this world and there are pessimists. But you know what? You can't even know which one you truly are unless you remove the depression factor. Do that and you might be pleasantly surprised that you're not entirely negative either. I know I'm a very observant and thus critical person in general, but I also know depression can make my negativity and hopelessness elevated to unnatural levels which is just not part of my normal personality.

There is a huge difference between being a pessimist and not seeing much if any value in life. The latter is a certain sign of clinical depression. :)

Last edited:
I had a thought when I was talking with my dad that it might not be so bad if they offered you the ability to get your first bachelor's or associate degree for free and if you want to continue schooling after that, then you have to pay.

You might want to consider the fact that, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH. Where would the money come from to pay for all this school for people to go and fuck around and then decide what they want to do? In the real world if you don't have rich parents, you go to community college and work to pay for school, or go to regular college and be extra smart and get money from scholarships.

If you don't like academics consider trade school, I have lots of friends from high school that didn't want college but became welders, auto techs, etc. and are perfectly happy in their jobs making decent money. They will never be rich, unless they start their own business of course, but it pays a lot better than some crappy minimum wage job. Some blue collar jobs pay well and have excellent benefits, like UPS for instance. Not everyone has to go to college, but everyone should find a job they can support their lifestyle with.

holy crap, thanks for letting us know and best wishes to him. best thoughts are with him.

Where would the money come from to pay for all this school for people to go and fuck around and then decide what they want to do?

From the government, investing in the future of the country and its citizens? It's doable, that's the way it is here.

In any case, it doesn't really sound like she'd enjoy trade school all that much either. She doesn't seem to have a problem with the academic setting, sounds more of an issue with lack of motivation and positivity.

Hope he's alright. Too many people getting into crashes lately (least around here) :(

Last edited:
From the government, investing in the future of the country and its citizens? It's doable, that's the way it is here.

In any case, it doesn't really sound like she'd enjoy trade school all that much either. She doesn't seem to have a problem with the academic setting, sounds more of an issue with lack of motivation and positivity.

Why would a government invest in a person that has no will to work? If you could show that you can maintain a 3.5 GPA in school I would be all for sweet scholarships for everyone, but it better be for those deserving it.

Why would a government invest in a person that has no will to work? If you could show that you can maintain a 3.5 GPA in school I would be all for sweet scholarships for everyone, but it better be for those deserving it.

Well obviously it can't be a free-for-all, I thought you were unfamiliar with the concept in general. ;)

Of course, we haven't got community colleges and severely overpriced private universities (well, just a few). It's mostly public here, even all of the top schools.

Shit man. At least we know his hands still work :(

I know its pessimistic, but its just the way things are. I try to be an optimist as much as I can, but when your brain isn't wired right and you can't always see the bright side of things, its hard to do.

Maybe I'll attempt to get some of my writing published or try and kick up an acting career. Those were always things I thought of doing when I was in high school. I love writing and I do acting...sort of....every weekend. Only problem with that is its very hard to find a talent agency around here that's not a total scam.

I'm not ruling out college completely. I just know now is probably not the right time for me to go. I don't even know what I want to do for sure, I sort of hurried into it and couldn't even get all the classes I needed because I was so late in registration. I'd rather do it properly, with enough time to make sure I get everything I need - supplies, file a FAFSA form to see if I even can get any financial aid, scholarships, things like that.

I hate the fact that everyone wants a college degree on a resume these days. College really isn't for everybody. I had a thought when I was talking with my dad that it might not be so bad if they offered you the ability to get your first bachelor's or associate degree for free and if you want to continue schooling after that, then you have to pay. But it'll never work like that. And its sad, really, because that would probably give a lot more people the incentive to go to college and try. If I knew I could take a course in college and automatically not have to pay (scholarships and grants and financial aid can make it possible, but you have to meet certain requirements and fill out forms and wait forever to find out if you're even eligible), I would probably do it - simply because I'd be able to figure out if I liked it, and if I did I could continue, get my degree and be on my way and if I didn't, my family wouldn't have lost any money and I'd know that college is not what I want to do and I'd be able to move on and find something else.

It's worth mentioning a lot of jobs don't care what kind of degree as long as you get one. Go to cheap college and get a degree in something that interests you even if it doesn't mean you can get a job in that. Even without scholarships financial aid for me covers 50% of the cost.

This is sucky. Best wishes from me.

This stops me from answering to Shawn, it shows that there are more important issues - wish him well, hope he'll be riding again soon.

It's not rude. You can wish him well and then not ignore my post either. ;)