uTorrent

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
Hi,

now I'm running Win7 64bit. My system - C2D 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM, M8600GT, 160Gb HDD. When I use uTorrent, it EATS all my RAM (1.7 - 1.8 - 1.9 Gb constant usage). And I cant do anything normally, even browsing through folders and internet is like on an VERY old system. My downloads are set to 5Mb/s and upload to 3Mb/s.

Never had such an issue on XP. Maybe I can do something with uTorrents settings. Tried to look there, but didn't found anything, or didn't understand what it do.

Or do I need more RAM? I know it would hurt to have 2 more Gb, but come on, it a faking torrent, uses more RAM than StarCraft 2!

:)

?Torrent usually uses very little RAM, so either your configuration or system is borked. You can even tell ?Torrent how much RAM it may use, somewhere in the settings.

...unless it counts disk cache related RAM use, that part can be freed at any time.

I'm not on Windows right now, Ubuntu running on Sparcs :lol: just click through all the preferences you have and stop when you see memory/RAM/etc.

Options -> preferences -> Advances -> disc cache -> "Override automatic cache size and specify the size manually"

there are the settings, if you haven't found them.

Thanks! It worked! Set it to 16Mb. So now everything is normal I guess. :)

Glad to be help :)
i had to change the language to english from finish to get the correct path.