Smartphone

caro

Car(s)
2 girls, 1 cup, 2 bikes, 1 car...
I need a new touch screen phone, but I have no idea which one one to choose. I don`t want Windows Mobile, I can`t afford Iphones and HTC`s. Any suggestions for a solid, mid-priced Android phone ? Or maybe Bada Os (Samsung Wave) ?

HTC Wildfire maybe?
it's pretty cheap (i paid less than 200 euros) and it does everything all the "big" android phones do.
it's a little slower, the screen's a little smaller and has a less dazzling resolution, but i've been blown away by what it does for that kind of money!
comes with android 2.1, htc sense, gps...

Last edited:
Carrier preference? Budget?

Carrier preference? Budget?

Well, this one no need to be a business phone, rather multimedia phone. I will take it with plan, so I can`t tell the final price. Definately not the Iphone or HTC Desire/HD2 price range. I`m interested in :

HTC Wildfire
Samsung Omnia Lite
Nokia C6
Nokia X6
LG GT 540
Samsung Wave - I`m not sure it is worth the price
Samsung Galaxy (non S, older one)

Which one is good for music/movies/web browsing ?

I am on market for same kind of phone as you are. I have now almost decided that I will wait for Nokia C6-01 to be released, as it seems to have just about everyhing that I need. (Capacitive AMOLED touchscreen, GPS navigation, small enough desing, good battery life and ability to record stabilised 720p video.)
The price is expected to be just under 300 euros, so seems like a really good deal.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_c6_01-3524.php

Last edited:
And the current C6 isn`t good enough ?

Well, I will wait for C6-01 because I want capacitive screen and HD video recording. Though the C6-01 is lacking qwerty keyboard that C6-00 that is already on market has.

Last edited:
I think you can find a decently used Motorola Milestone for the price of a Wildfire.

I think you can find a decently used Motorola Milestone for the price of a Wildfire.

I second this, although the bootloader is locked unlike the US market Droid 1, it's still an excellent smartphone running stock Android. My Droid 1 runs great and I bought it on eBay for a song. Just make sure you get a Milestone as it's Droid cousin is CDMA only, not GSM.