FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had to choose a theme song for the weekend, I think it would have to be this one hands down.

Voodoo's last 2 laps on Day 1 when the wheel fell off. I'll capture and encode the other laps and events later on.

Yep, that sounds a lot like how I remember it :)
Thanks for the vid! I can't wait for the rest of the videos. Looks like you got the angle spot on.

That car sounds BRILLIANT!!! :jawdrop:

But I keep chuckling.....the tyre just rolling off.....on it's own way :lmao:

v0od0o, did you get that "Oh, so that's what went wrong.." feeling when you saw the wheel going away in the distance? :lol:

I'd also like to submit for your viewing pleasure my souvenir for the weekend:
https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ey/eyemwing/2010/09/28/fuckVA.jpg

$139. For 78 in a 65.

Blew by a radar car, braked too late, knew I was fucked. Came down to the next turnaround and there are 4 Chargers waiting. One pulls out to nab me. Ahead of me there are 3 more busted cars sitting roadside.

The cop walked up to my window, took one look at the racing helmet on my passenger seat and said "I'm giving you a ticket."

He didn't even bother waiting for me to dig my registration out. "Just give me your license. I don't care about your registration and insurance." None of the usual waiting around for background checks to run. That sheriffs department was on a FUCKING MISSION to bust as many speeders as possible in as little time as possible. Last weekend of the month on a highway LOADED with tourists who will never be back for a court date and will just pay it (I know I just did). And they say quota systems are unethical and don't exist.

Last edited:
v0od0o, did you get that "Oh, so that's what went wrong.." feeling when you saw the wheel going away in the distance? :lol:

Exactly! First thing I noticed was the... ummm... understeer. I wondered if I somehow went into the 40 mph corner 20 mph too fast. Then I noticed the front of the car being lower than it should be and figured it's either a lost wheel or a collapsed strut. Then I saw the wheel and had the aha moment.

That sheriffs department was on a FUCKING MISSION to bust as many speeders as possible in as little time as possible. Last weekend of the month on a highway LOADED with tourists who will never be back for a court date and will just pay it (I know I just did). And they say quota systems are unethical and don't exist.

That happens incredibly often around here. Pisses the hell off of me.

Voodoo's last 2 laps on Day 1 when the wheel fell off. I'll capture and encode the other laps and events later on.

I'd have died!

On Top Gear, they call it "Doing a Lionel."

On Final Gear, we call it "Doing a Voodoo."?

But either way...Damn! that car sounds fracking awesome!

Edit...why does this show as 2 separate posts????

Fuck that thing is fast and I love the wheel rolling across the screen at the end. :lol:

On Top Gear, they call it "Doing a Lionel."

On Final Gear, we call it "Doing a Voodoo."

I was wondering if Mr. Ritchie had been an unannounced replacement for Voodoo when I saw this clip. But before that, my oh my is that car speedy. Those poor people (notice I'm not assuming they're guys) in the Alfa and the Beemer must have been wondering if their cars had broken when you blew past them. Wow. Looking forward to more of this!

Last edited:
I was wondering if Mr. Ritchie had been an unannounced replacement for Voodoo when I saw this clip.
I don't get it :blush:
Did Lionel Richie lose a wheel on Top Gear or something?

Edit: Yep, yep he did. I can't believe I forgot about that one.

Last edited:
With that camera dampening the engine sound it actually sounds a bit like a rotary, your supercharger is mental!

BTW, can you get black flagged for "all 4 wheels off the track" if one wheel is not attached? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.