Lens Flair

I'm still not sure if post processing went a bit too far or not. Strong vignetting is old trick, but somehow I like it. Maybe because there's not actually anything to see in the background.

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/2036/dsc5062g.jpg

Logs? - Gah, it's too technical.

Ah sorry - the logs one was Sir Stiggington's - I get confused a lot.

And about the technicality of it all - I would say that while yes a photo only takes a fraction of a second to take and a painter needs hours or days, it still requires the knowledge that the modern PaS has removed from the process. At eppb's comment - I would say no, photography is not any more technical than other art forms such as painting, but they might require more artistic 'thoughts' - i.e. you can teach the technical bit, but you can't teach the artistic bit.

Last edited:
Hey, last pic was posted yesterday!

Were you at photokina?

33630_439205321742_508526742_5857236_7670369_n.jpg

Ah sorry - the logs one was Sir Stiggington's - I get confused a lot.

And about the technicality of it all - I would say that while yes a photo only takes a fraction of a second to take and a painter needs hours or days, it still requires the knowledge that the modern PaS has removed from the process. At eppb's comment - I would say no, photography is not any more technical than other art forms such as painting, but they might require more artistic 'thoughts' - i.e. you can teach the technical bit, but you can't teach the artistic bit.

OK, maybe not more technical, but I suppose it's less intuitive for me. If I want to achieve a particular effect with a sketch or painting, then I just go for it and it usually comes out fine. I generally consider myself decent at sketching, but I'm not one for talking about tonal techniques or planning. I don't think about that stuff when I'm doing it. When people ask for my constructive feedback during school art lessons, I'm usually awful at giving it to them. Maybe it's because I had weekend art sessions at an early age or something:dunno:

I suppose it's the same for everyone who's taking up photography, it's all about getting familiar with the camera.

Anyways, enough of this, photo for today:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/ne/nereid/2010/09/29/horiz.jpg

Last edited:
^ Not a massive fan of that as it seems just like 2 colours with nothing in it. But its easy on the eye nonetheless :p

And in contrast - I cannot draw for shit. Well apart from technical drawings which, of course, are purely technical so there isn't any issue there. As I said - you can't teach artisticness - you have it, but can't explain it or describe how you do it. So you don't know much about the technical side of things (not a bad thing - at least you have artistic ability). :)

Star Princess again, coming in the Oslo fjord...

P9109949.jpg

Shot hand held with Olympus E-30, ISO 200, 1/640s, +0,3EV. ZD 50-200mm f2,8-3,5 @ 200mm, f4. Heavily cropped, the ship was about 6 km away.

Last edited:
That is nice, warm and calm looking. I also like the composition. :)

Toy i picked up recently 50mm f 1.8 prime and off camera wireless flashgun

5042880767_5a46a8536e_b.jpg