Stupid Driver Stories

All you're doing is being the responsible person at the front of the queue, so as to maximise the amount of cars through the intersection before the lights change again. The drivers that get around to waking up that the light has changed, and then put the car in gear, gently tempted the gas and released the clutch...it means only 3 cars get through the intersection as opposed to 15.

You are doing your public duty.

^ Are you still doing your public duty if you rev your engine a couple of times, keep high-revving in the seconds preceeding the light and start in a squeal of tyres, with the only thing stopping your traction control to limit you being the fact that you have turned it off or you don't have one? Because that was happening to me when I was 19 :lol:

I don't "race" the other cars per se, but to get my car to move 99% of the time you have to rag it to the limit so it does feel like you are racing (and losing) anyway :lol:

If the other car isn't racing, you are clearly not racing. You are using the quickness of your car.

Last edited:
^ Are you still doing your public duty if you rev your engine a couple of times, keep high-revving in the seconds preceeding the light and start in a squeal of tyres, with the only thing stopping your traction control to limit you being the fact that you have turned it off or you don't have one? Because that was happening to me when I was 19 :lol:

In my hometown, there was one stop sign oriented in a stupid way - a three way intersection, with the through road getting a stop sign - because a woman was paranoid about people driving too fast down her street and wouldn't shut up about it. As a result, everyone in high school - even the most timid people - and even some adults would leave that intersection with force.

You'd be surprised by how long a burnout an '84 Civic can do. :p

Further proof that Prius owners are assholes. Happened about 15 minutes ago, as I'm getting off Route 28 North (exit 9, Blawnox). The off ramp is rather long and mostly straight (slight kink to the right and then a gradual left turn to join Freeport Road). Traffic usually maintains highway speed (50-60mph) coming off the ramp until maybe about 100 yards before the traffic light (speed limit is 45 reducing to 35, but nobody cares). The off ramp also widens to form 2 lanes, right for through traffic for Blawnox, left lane to turn left at the light to go up to RIDC. I'm following a Dodge Neon that's following an old Jeep Cherokee.

All three of us are doing about 50 going down the ramp. I had just gotten off 28 when I look in the mirror to see a third gen Prius screaming up behind me. Without even hesitating, this asshole charges onto the shoulder even before it becomes the second lane and blasts past all three of us doing at least 80. Now, the Jeep is slowing down a little too much for our liking, so when the second lane became available, both the Neon and I pass him. The Prius doesn't get far as the light was red, so the Neon and I catch him.

The assholery doesn't end there, oh no! Two blocks down there's a line of about 5 cars waiting for grandpa in an old Accord wagon to parallel park. The Prius is the sixth car in the line...or would have been, but instead of waiting patiently like everyone else, this asshole swerves onto the oncoming lane and speeds away. I did hear a few horns blowing, so I wasn't the only one he pissed off.

Unfortunately I didn't get his plates. It was FT-something (silver Prius).

Damn, usually they are more of the stop at the end of the ramp and make me almost die trying to merge types. :blink:

oh you're right! it must have been the sudden acceleration! :lol:

maybe his brakes weren't working

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets pulled over one day and tries to blame it on unintended acceleration (he stopped at the light, so everything is fine with the car).

my friend was driving the carpool Accord to drop a mate at another uni, 3-lane road with us on the 2-lane part and on the lane closest to oncoming traffic. Driving along when suddenly this huge fucking bus shoots into our lane out of nowhere. Had we been in the mitsu or with me at the wheel this would be the first post to be written from the other side

Last edited:
I was at the grocery store about an hour ago and there was an accident in the parking lot. Two people cutting across the parking lanes smacked into each other on the side. I only heard the crash and turned to see where it came from then went shopping.

Stupid soccer mom in a Ford Explorer today decided she didn't want to fall back in the merge lane even though I was clearly in the space she was trying to get to, I'm surprised she didn't continue into the oncoming lane to get past me. Also, lady in a minivan tailgating the hell out of me, I was going 5 over and she obviously thought that was too slow, 35 MPH on a somewhat medium populated road that is winding with spots for police to hide in is perfectly acceptable in my book, also, there was no need to flash your lights at me, that won't make me go any faster.

On the way to feed horses tonight, person stopped at the lights in lane 1 (I was still approaching the intersection - maybe 300m behind coming down the incline behind). Lights turned green and they stood on the go faster pedal and rammed straight into the traffic lights on the median of the cross street. :blink:

Middle aged man got out of the Tarago and was standing there gormelessly looking at them. Then a 100 people descended to 'help'.

I am guilty of a piece of bad driving on my own today, due to a driver infront driving around talking vividly to someone while eating a hamburger, and using the hamburger to illustrate the conversation to this other person. Thus she drover rather badly, had sluggish reactions, weaved and generally annoyed me. And as a result, I lost concentration on driving and instead started concentrating on this annoying woman and her hamburger. Suddenly, I followed her into a roundabout instead of stopping and cut off people who were a bit further in the loop than I was. Awkward! Due to embarrasment I took an alternative route than the one I usually take.

Stupid phone-women and their waving with hamburgers stealing my focus. Stupid me for not thinking about driving. I'm going to spend the rest of the day being a slightly more humble person.

Last edited:
The parking lot at my office is a one way street that twists around, with angle parking. Next to this parking lot is another lot, which connects the alley to the street, is empty - business connected burned down recently - and is not a one way street.

As a result of this, if you were going the wrong way in the office lot, it either took a lot of effort, or you were completely oblivious.

Yet there will always, ALWAYS, be someone trying to go through my lot the wrong way. Today's moron, green Caravan. He went through the entire lot backwards. And then didn't get out because people were trying to get in to park - or in my case, leave the lot, as I parked near the entry. And there's a sign at the end that says no entry, so it's not like he has a valid excuse.

Dear moron in your supreme cock-mobile X5: supermarket parking lots have arrows painted along their lanes for a reason, you're supposed to drive in the direction of the arrows, not against them! (who'd have thunk it, eh?). No good just then sitting there gawking at the short uni student in her puny little Jazz who's now trying to kill you telepathically while you're wondering why she's nose to nose with you. Also thanks to the random dude walking by who looked at me, looked at the moron in the X5 and then pointed at the arrow on the ground shaking his head. Made my day. :lmao:

Thankfully the middle aged douchebag eventually got the message and reversed into a space that was directly behind him in another row, so I could get past and into a spot I was eyeing off near the exit.

Last edited:
To the cock-juggling cheese-dick in the silver Subaru sedan,

I get that you are in a hurry, but that doesn't mean you get to make your own rules. I know the lanes to get on the northbound freeways at 7200 South are very short and inconvenient, that's because there's a couple of rail bridges in the way. I know that it sucks to wait in a long single-file line before we get to the double turn lanes, but it's incredibly rude to race up the through-lane and try to fit 14 feet of car into a 5-foot space. You managed to nearly cause a wreck by over shooting into the far-left lane, nearly cause a crash by cutting off a moving car without even enough space to fit your own vehicle in (actually a Smart would have had trouble and I wouldn't have tried that on my motorcycle), and you nearly caused a crash by leaving your big ass hanging out in the traffic lane. I know because I was about 5 cars back and saw all of this.

But here's the funny thing, shit-for-brains, somehow I still managed to get ahead of you on the on-ramp. Apparently you noticed the other cars passing you by as you were stuck behind that slow-moving truck, because by the time we got to the end of the ramp and the merge from two lanes to one (just prior to merging with freeway traffic), you decided to initiate a pass with about 3 feet of lane left. To your credit, you did manage to get around me, but only by using the shoulder - and to what end? You would have still been stuck behind that semi-truck if you were behind me. All you managed to do was risk yet another crash to get one car length ahead. Does it surprise you when I honk my horn and flash my lights to point out your asshattery? Apparently, because you then flipped me off for having the audacity to use the road responsibly.

It's ok though, because I was happy to demonstrate than a 4.0L V6 based on a sports car motor can go from 50 to 65 in third much faster than your slushbox 4-banger Subaru. All your dick head moves were worth it to watch you have a fit in your driver's seat and probably shave a year off your life when I boxed you in behind that truck.

When you finally did figure out that slowing down got you out of there, you pulled hard across four lanes of traffic, scattering other cars and receiving a chorus of honks and curses before hitting the fast lane and speeding away. I noticed as your little Subaru screamed in agony trying to hit 95 mph in 4th that you were still holding up that middle finger and waving it around to every car on the road.

If it wasn't illegal, I would put you down myself for the common good. I just hope I'm around to see it when someone with less to lose does it for me.

Cheers,
Blind_Io

I want my armored bumper, goddammit!

On a country-road in the morning today. Limit was 100 km/h, overtaking allowed, but some few cars coming the other way. I came up to 3 cars infront of me, who where behind a lorry (70-80km/h). On a long straight bit of the road, the first driver (Opel Zafira) thought he could now overtake the lorry. He, indicated and pulled out, the BMW behind him, pulled out behind him. Then, in the FAR distance (really, really far) a Car apeared oncoming out of the FAR AWAY Corner. The Zafira was now just next to the truck ... THE IDIOT HIT THE BRAKES. The BMW driver thankfully was awake and reacted in time. The Zafira slowed down again, to get in behind the truck again ... and then the BMW overtook the Lorry (and the idiot) WITHOUT PROBLEM IN TIME BEFORE THE OTHER CAR GOT THERE. I don?t think I?ve ever seen someone make such a bad call, such a misjudgement when driving. When he/she hit the brakes I think my heart stopped for e second, even 2 cars behind them. Sure, everyone makes mistakes and bad calls ... I won?t say I don?t. But that Zafira driver, I would have taken away his license for life for that one ... even though thankfully nothing happend.

Last edited:
Was tailed by some tard yesterday. Road that turns from a regular highway to one with traffic lights and I was on the section that is about to become lights VERY soon. I didn't even know there was a car behind me till I looked in the rear view because I COUDLN"T SEE HEADLIGHTS. So I was wondering what it was, thought it was some cock in a Bim (car was fairly low all I saw was part of windshield and roof). It was a damn Saturn...

Was tailed by some tard yesterday. Road that turns from a regular highway to one with traffic lights and I was on the section that is about to become lights VERY soon. I didn't even know there was a car behind me till I looked in the rear view because I COUDLN"T SEE HEADLIGHTS. So I was wondering what it was, thought it was some cock in a Bim (car was fairly low all I saw was part of windshield and roof). It was a damn Saturn...

As assholeish as this sounds, brake-check him. In nearly all states, being the car doing the rear ending is at fault.