The "Things that annoy me" thread

Uh why? They're really easy to put on and take off. Plus they fit. Normal sheets are a massive pain to put on, taking so much longer, they're never quite long enough to get enough under the mattress, and they never end up tight over it, so you wake up with creases pressed into your body.

Aren't bed sizes standardised nowadays?

those. :?

I should clarify.....ill fitting cheap fittedsheets that pop off while your sleeping annoy me :p

Retail DVDs. Because what I want to pay for is 10 minutes of warnings in 200 languages before being able to access the menu.

That's nothing compared to BluRays. Some of them need 3 minutes loading time, before you even get to the copyright warnings. And every once in a while you encounter one, where you have to update your player's firmware first to make it running.

Last edited:
^ I agree with you completely on the last two. Considering that a pirate pays nothing and can watch the movie straight away, and that the anty-copy protecion on blu-rays can now be bypassed, I think a rightful owner pays incredibly more to get much less, and that's ridiculous.

Pandemic 2 annoys me a little.

So I was playing yesterday and chose a virus. I called it JustinBieber.

When I clicked ok, you won't believe where I started.

Madagascar!!! :dance:

So I removed level 1 symptoms and got the first tier of resistances. Then I just sped up time until the entire planet was to be infected.

I was so fucking happy that I didn't have to chance madagascar not closing its ports, and so I waited as one by one shit got more pervasive.

Riiight up until east europe closed borders, airports, and shipyards. Mother#$&!er.

So while justin bieber was off causing sneezing, vomiting, and encephalitis to the planet, east europe was open for business and kids were going to school and shit.

Effing A.

^ I agree with you completely on the last two. Considering that a pirate pays nothing and can watch the movie straight away, and that the anty-copy protecion on blu-rays can now be bypassed, I think a rightful owner pays incredibly more to get much less, and that's ridiculous.

Disc-based storage mediums are going to disappear almost completely sooner or later anyway and there will only be a market for enthusiasts and collectors. The mass market will be dominated by pay per view directly on your TV in full HD via internet.

Last edited:
Pay per view isn't going anywhere.

Random loud and sometimes shocking beeps.

I'm not even sure what I have that would beep. Maybe my laptop? But it's working just fine, so that makes no sense. My phones don't beep unless I set them to loud, which I haven't.

Pay per view isn't going anywhere.

But that's where it will be going. Instead of running to a video rental, you will simply switch on your TV and order a movie online in realtime. It will come, as the internet broadband connections keep getting faster and wider spread.

The future of discs will be with sophisticated collector's editions in my eyes. The regular DVD for 9,95 will vanish sooner or later. It's not a question of IF, but a question of WHEN.

I don't disagree, but I think with some of those online views/ings, a hard copy of some sort will be available.

It will be quite some time before internet good enough to stream HD video becomes the norm (at least in America), but surely, it will happen eventually.

It will be quite some time before internet good enough to stream HD video becomes the norm (at least in America), but surely, it will happen eventually.

exqueeze me? My connection is average and I have no problem viewing Youtube vids @1080 HD resolution at all...

exqueeze me? My connection is average and I have no problem viewing Youtube vids @1080 HD resolution at all...

In America. My 8 Mb cable is above average and not quite good enough. Many people still have very shitty DSL and high-speed options are extremely limited in some more rural areas. From what I hear Australia is even worse. Europe, east Asia, and other more densely populated places have it better.

Also Youtube is not a good benchmark for streaming performance, it is compressed to shit and the quality suffers.

In America. My 8 Mb cable is above average and not quite good enough. Many people still have very shitty DSL and high-speed options are extremely limited in some more rural areas. From what I hear Australia is even worse. Europe, east Asia, and other more densely populated places have it better.

Also Youtube is not a good benchmark for streaming performance, it is compressed to shit and the quality suffers.
Actually, if speaking solely on cable connections, 8Mb is below average in my city. 15 Mb/s or 25 Mb/s is more the average...

Actually, if speaking solely on cable connections, 8Mb is below average in my city. 15 Mb/s or 25 Mb/s is more the average...

Yes, it's the lowest tier Cable package, but it still beats just about any other form of "high-speed" besides fiber optic.

When I started websurfing in 1996, I did it with a modem that allowed about 6 Kb/sec download speed. Within 15 years, it is usual to have a hundred times more than that. Where will we be in 10 years from now?

When I started websurfing in 1996, I did it with a modem that allowed about 6 Kb/sec download speed. Within 15 years, it is usual to have a hundred times more than that. Where will we be in 10 years from now?

Advancement has slowed. In 2000 we got 5 Mb/s cable. Now in 2010 it's 8. Especially in the case of internet, there was one big jump to "high-speed" and stagnation since then. Fiber Optics have been all but abandoned (all of this is America-centric), I believe FiOS will not be laying any more cable.

We have found ways to use the existing infrastructure (phone and cable lines) for high-speed data transfer, but it has its limits, and is not viable in some areas. I see everything moving to wireless (i.e. cellular broadband) simply because it works almost anywhere, and is rapidly getting faster. It's a step backward in terms of speed but it's way more convenient and most people don't even know their own connection speeds anyway.

Advancement has slowed. In 2000 we got 5 Mb/s cable. Now in 2010 it's 8. Especially in the case of internet, there was one big jump to "high-speed" and stagnation since then. Fiber Optics have been all but abandoned (all of this is America-centric), I believe FiOS will not be laying any more cable.

i would say in 2000 5Mb/s was the best you could get, however today 8Mb/s is not the best (it's just what you're on i assume)... so you're comparing pears and apples here...
where i live now, what you could get in 2000 was 3Mb/s iirc and what you can get now is 128Mb/s (yes, in your home blablabla all that no fancy pants business-broadband - nearly 43 times as fast).
now what MOST of the people back then had was a 1Mb/s pipe, while today MOST people have 16Mb/s... (still 16 times as fast).
of course i'm not suggesting people aren't still using 6Mb/s or even 3Mb/s today and the people I know tend to be about my age and value their internet connection highly so my data isn't all that representative, but still... back in 2000 only crazy people got broadband :p

^hey I got broadband in 2001! admittedly it was (then awesome) 3 Mbps but still
now 20+ is the standard here

you can still get low bandwith or limited capability but only in the cheapest eco "must have internets but haz no monies" subscription plans