Random thoughts.... [Tech Edition]

There are the hacked "tiny" versions of them. I run eXPerience "tiny vista" on my bootcamp partition. A quick google tells me they already made a win7 version of it.
Just an FYI though, it IS a hack so it can get angry and realize it is not a real windows and do that annoying "this is not a genuine copy of windows" bullshit, which apparently happens if you try to use it for a bootcamp partition :( I can't figure out a way to fix it either...

@kat - Thanks for the suggestion! I think I might go try it out now!
@h-p - If that fails, then I'll just get Windows XP from my uni. Actually I might go ahead and try XP first since it is a legit copy :D

You can remove unwanted Windows parts with program called nLite.

You can remove unwanted Windows parts with program called nLite.

What he said.

Back in the days of XP I used nLite to great effect. I never really bothered with it for Windows Vista or 7 though, not sure why.

nLite lets you rip out useless parts of the OS, thus reducing the size hugely.

There are the hacked "tiny" versions of them. I run eXPerience "tiny vista" on my bootcamp partition. A quick google tells me they already made a win7 version of it.
Just an FYI though, it IS a hack so it can get angry and realize it is not a real windows and do that annoying "this is not a genuine copy of windows" bullshit, which apparently happens if you try to use it for a bootcamp partition :( I can't figure out a way to fix it either...

Call MS and pay them to register it and it will stop. And yes they will register a pirated copy, it just takes a long number.

By fix it I meant what I do whenever something usually breaks on an OS, reinstall it. The reason it is broken is bootcamp broke something when it put in the drivers. Honestly I'm probably just going to redo the whole partion anyway because I gave it an overly excessive amount of space (it's using like 7 of 50 GB) and you can't use that space from the mac half so it is a sad pitiful waste.

Have you tried Windows 7 Loader? It basically tells the Windows Activation thing that your copy is genuine.

I tried A windows loader, and various other things. I guess I can look that up and try it as well.

Wait, what?
Fuck. I guess CS5 will be the last usable adobe suite...... :(

I hope they make Premiere Elements so that it doesn't crash half the time I try to use it.

Plugged my DJ100s into my Shuffle and boy, are the Apple Earbuds bad

Anything like this as a replacement for my Shuffle? The PX 90 seems like an overkill.

A short rant explaining why I will not be paying for Fable 3.

I recently bought an Xbox 360 from a friend at work, with a standing offer for him to buy it back. Despite that fact that I didn't actually use it that much, I planned on keeping it since it's nice to have and it was a good deal. A few days ago I saw a commercial for Fable 3 and decided to look into pre-ordering it for the xbox, since I already had and enjoyed Fable 2. Come to find out, if I order from GameStop I can get an exclusive weapon that I would very much enjoy having, and the limited edition has some exclusive things I'd also like. Naturally my first thought was to pre order the limited edition from GameStop. Turns out they don't have it, boo-urns. After much deliberation, I decided to go with the Gamestop exclusive since it costs less and I really wanted that sword. When I went into work on Saturday I saw that they were throwing out a mini-ITX computer. It was mostly gutted, and had terrible hardware anyway, but I was very interested in the case even though I had no plans to build a box. That afternoon my friend calls up and asks to buy the Xbox back because he was having people over or something and I agreed, thinking I could use the money toward a nice little low-mid range box with the recently acquired case that could handle the light gaming I do and just get the PC version of Fable. I was a little bummed that I had to miss out on the GameStop sword(it was only an Xbox exclusive), but I consoled myself with the thought that I'd just get the limited edition and probably wouldn't even miss that sword anyway. This morning I ordered the parts for the computer before running errands. Just a little bit ago I decided to go ahead and order the Limited Edition Fable 3 for PC, only to find out that there isn't one, and pre-ordering the regular version doesn't let me design an NPC to be in the game, like it does for the Xbox version. Why all the hate for PC? I mean, Lionhead is owned my Microsoft, but they still piss all over pc users. I love Fable and was willing to do something unheard of and not only pay for the game, but pay $80 for the limited edition, but seeing how hard the fuck me now that I want it for PC, I'm just going to take advantage of a key aspect to PC gaming; the ability to play virtually any game for free.

tl,dr: I was going to pay, but now I say fuck ye, ya filthy land lubbers.

Last edited:

While watching the Video they show it being used as a phone, and all I could think was "This is the biggest cell phone since the brick phones".

If I wanted to just get a Microsoft software key locked from additional use (not report software piracy and have people go to jail), where would I post such a key? (hypothetically)

hd71.jpg

hd74.jpg

HD7 looking good.