Codemasters' Formula One 2010

just about given up with this game, if it isn't the pit stops its pit crews not bothering to change my tires and therefore having to make a second pit stop to correct the mistake. shame as well, it has potential to be a good game but instead is let down by shoddy gameplay mechanics.

i just started qualifying at Monoco with only Inter and Rain tires...in the dry.

My copy finally game in yesterday and so far this game is kicking my ass. Even with the settings turned to idiot mode and with option tires I spin it about every other lap. What the hell? I don't think I'm driving overly aggressively.

It's pretty forgiving once you get used to it though. I think I'm gonna have to put this game on hold for a bit until the patch is released and hopefully they balance the races a little more. I get my ass kicked in the first half of the race with a full fuel load but I'm quite a bit faster than the opposition in the latter stages.

After playing around some more I've found out that the game is much easier with a wheel. In my first race with the wheel I qualified 2nd and finished 7th. It's a lot more fun too. :cool:

Unless your wheel is not supported by the game and you encounter the "can't adjust the wheel settings" bug. Which is idiotic because in previous Codemasters games like Grid and Dirt, I could.

So can you have proper full races online?

If so the problem i see, would be assholes driving into you to be jerks.

So can you have proper full races online?

If so the problem i see, would be assholes driving into you to be jerks.

Yes, but the cars turn into ghosts when they're above X speed and such. Somewhat annoying since me and a mate race all the time and that means we can both have the same line into a corner. Kinda defeats the purpose of racing =/

Why is there no way to shut the engineer up? He keeps fucking up my hot laps! They add in his dialogue to ask if you want to try your team mate's set up but they give you no option to do it? Otherwise, still enjoying it.

Why is there no way to shut the engineer up? He keeps fucking up my hot laps! They add in his dialogue to ask if you want to try your team mate's set up but they give you no option to do it? Otherwise, still enjoying it.

The engineer says the most useless shit.

I can see Webber about 20m in front of me, he's most definitely not five seconds ahead. I also don't need to be advised to keep my wet tires on when I can barely see the track.

One of my favorites is when he advises you to be cautious of traffic when exiting the pitlane... and the nearest car has barely entered the home straight.

To me the funniest ones are when you strategize your first pit entry very late, starting with primes... and you overtake the odd McLaren or Ferrari that was left stranded while changing their options for primes in lap 6-10. Then it overtakes you and your shitty HRT/Lotus/Virgin, quite easily, and the guy goes like "WE CAN TAKE IT BACK, DONT LOSE HIM" while the guy pulls away 3 seconds a lap faster.

I went back and restarted my career. This time with no fuel simulation, and no tyre simulation. Everything else as far as difficulty goes: on, and AI on legendary.
This makes all the difference and it shouldn't. I took pole and 3rd place because of a stupid mistake near the end of the race quite easily. Stored the wheel away and will wait for the patch.

What the fuck is wrong with this game? I started my career in expert mode... Qualified 8th in first race at Bahrain, but when the race started I was back in 24th.
Again in melbourne, I qualified 13th, but when the race started, I was again in 24th...
What the fuck is going on? I'm on PS3 by the way and is anyone else having this problem as well???

No issue like that here.

I'm also waiting for the patch. The race balancing is just too screwed up to race competitvely with the AI. They mug you at the start and then you're so much quicker than them in the later stages. I'd turn fuel sim off but I hear that's just a golden ticket to first and I dont want that, I want to be challenged.