No series 16 until next year

Source?

Edit: NVM, found it.

National Television Awards: don?t vote for us!
Posted by Andy Wilman at 5:40 pm on Wednesday September 29, 2010

Greetings. This is a quick message as we?re busy filming for the Christmas series, and I?ll be back with more about that later, but in the meantime I?d like to deal with a bit of housekeeping.

You may have heard of the National Television Awards, which is a big glittery do on ITV, with the winners decided by public vote, and we?ve won one of their gongs a few times. Well, the voting has started for the 2011 Awards, and it?s come to my attention that everyone nominated is promoting themselves like buggery at every opportunity. Loose Women are doing it, Piers Morgan, all sorts. ?Vote for me,? ?No, vote for me? etc.

Well, obviously at Top Gear we are clearly above such vulgar practices. We believe the quality of the content should speak for itself, and to go around touting for votes is just not British. So please don?t drop everything, go immediately to the link below, then click on the NTA website, search for our programme and vote for it. And please don?t tell all your friends, family or anyone else you?ve ever met to do the same. That just wouldn?t be the done thing. Thank you.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Just recieved my November issue of TG mag through the post.

5057231480_b58996518b_b.jpg

Series 16 will definitely be in January then.

Still hearing just before Christmas on this end.

Which is referring to the Christmas special (yes, there WILL be one), not Series 16 proper.

No, drop. You're the one who's confused.

December = Christmas Special

January = Series 16 starts

Even a two-year-old would understand that.

Play nice. ;)

I was having a verbal headdesk moment. *backs away slowly + hides*

No offense taken. No offense to you was intended in expressing a different opinion to yours.

Andy has referred to it as the Christmas series in public now so I guess there's no harm in everyone knowing that it will indeed be a full series.

Andy referred to the series starting in January, with there being at least one, and maybe two, Christmas specials aired in December way back in July. How do I know this? 'Cos he told me when I spoke to him at the filming of 15x06, and I posted this information in the S15E06 thread at the time.

Don't let's complain, eh? Everyone hated series 14, which was rushed due to being squeezed in between the presenters' various other commitments.

It's been posted somewhere else that there will be a Christmas special.

I didnt hate it! i love all top gear.

it would be epically good if they had a special 2 parter on xmas day & new years day/eve along with series 6 starting 2nd week in january

I guess there's no harm in saying this since Clarkson has said it in interviews and it's in the public realm now ;).

They'll be back in December! Before Christmas.

The show won't be airing on Sunday nights either. Anyone else hearing Thursdays? That would explain the Dec. 16th reported for episode 1.

He also confirms an "extravagant" Christmas special! Guess where it's taking place....:)

Given the November issue of the Mag says Series 16 starts in January, and he-he heard from Andy himself that Series 16 is starting in January, I'm thinking Jeremy is talking about the Christmas special airing in December, not Series 16 proper.

And I still say the Thursday date is a tape date, not an airdate. Why the hell would BBC Two move its biggest show from Sundays to Thursdays after eight years? It makes no sense to me.

Given the November issue of the Mag says Series 16 starts in January, and he-he heard from Andy himself that Series 16 is starting in January, I'm thinking Jeremy is talking about the Christmas special airing in December, not Series 16 proper.

And I still say the Thursday date is a tape date, not an airdate. Why the hell would BBC Two move its biggest show from Sundays to Thursdays after eight years? It makes no sense to me.
They moved HIGNFY from Fridays to Thursdays after about 10 years so who knows.<_<
My work place is making us go on 3 shifts so I will miss TG when I'm on nights.:mad:

Bet you any money you like the regular series will air on Sunday nights. As BBC2's highest rated show, Top Gear can have any timeslot it likes.