Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

*Facepalm*

I like that comic, that's lulzy.

Unfortunately when I was driving home today on one of the main roads in my city I had the left lane totally open. Nobody was behind me for a bit and nobody was definitely in front of me. The right lane was going painfully slow and I was going about 30, the speed limit. I see this dually F-250 in the right lane, he kinda went to change lanes but then he pulled back into the right lane. So I continue going, and as I was about to pass him he merges into my lane almost hitting me (of course, I figured he'd do that so I prepared and had my foot on the brake). He then proceeds to go about 20 in the left lane (poking about a bit) and we had to slow down for a light that I would have made if he hadn't pulled out and cut me off. Then the light turns green and he's still sitting there in LA-LA land (every other lane proceeded to go) so I honk at him (a few seconds after the light changes) because I was already pretty mad at him and he just kinda goes, uhhhhhhhhh what? Oh. and slowlyyyyyyyyy starts going.

ANNOYING.

Edit: You would think that driving a bright white car with a roof rack would be noticeable to other people, but I've had about 3 people pull the same stint on me. Cutting me off and nearly hitting me. Every time it would've been their fault too because there would've been at least 20 people seeing it from behind.

Last edited:
That rabbit's dynamite!

Because making it so the whole car will probably have to be junked sooner will save the environment instead of people keeping it for many more years.

Edit: You would think that driving a bright white car with a roof rack would be noticeable to other people, but I've had about 3 people pull the same stint on me. Cutting me off and nearly hitting me. Every time it would've been their fault too because there would've been at least 20 people seeing it from behind.

People don't notice my car somehow.
YELLOW IS THE MOST VISIBLE COLOR ON THE SPECTRUM HOW DO YOU NOT SEE MY CAR

Last edited:

Your car's shade of yellow is pretty dull, really. It's more like a creamy-beige color. Delicious in yogurt form, but not really eye-catching.

I wonder if it's because my car is low. But it's not really that low compared to sports cars (which are extremely common in my town) so it's really no excuse. Yes, I do have a tiny car, but it's not exactly a dull color. It's pretty darn bright if you ask me. I haven't seen any other car in my town with the purely white paint like mine does.

I notice every car when I drive, but I guess I'm always just looking at what everyone else drives.

People somehow don't notice BIG RED FIRE ENGINES WITH FLASHING LIGHTS and plow right into them. Why would you expect them to see your car? :p

Unrelated:
176.png

I'm sure it does

On another note, that Caldina Turbo is still there, tempting me despite the fact I have no money.

That is quite true. That is a major issue in my town. Well, the town has a lot of trees and weird corners that kind of block off a lot of the actual street so it could be hard to notice.

Though, earlier one of the one way streets/highways I drive on to go to my volunteer thing I do for credit and such has one lane blocked off. This giant two trailer truck had gotten stuck in the right lane and was forcing himself to merge into the left lane by blocking it partially off from this Forester in front of me. The odd thing is that the Forester kept lurking up closer and closer. It was pretty backed up and some bad minivan driver (minivan showed it too, replaced odd colored panels) even squeezed his way through the left lane and the cones back into the right lane to merge to the left again where it was actually blocked to get as far ahead as possible. And I let some dude with a slightly damaged Infinity merge in front of me but only because he wasn't forcing himself into the lane. He shortly ended up running the red at the construction intersection where an ambulance stopped my lanes from proceeding during our green light (the ambulance took up most of the short green light time). All in all, the emergency vehicle thing reminded me of that tale from earlier too.

Edit: About the small tank thing... Well kind of. I never spend more than $30 to fill my tank, even during the high time. But the thing is, is that I can only go about 250-300 miles before I run out of gas, unlike a car with a 15.6 gallon tank (modern Subarus for example get about the same MPG I do) which has to refill every 350-400 miles.

Last edited:
People somehow don't notice BIG RED FIRE ENGINES WITH FLASHING LIGHTS and plow right into them. Why would you expect them to see your car? :p

It's a bit of a joke among firefighters/ems that lights and sirens can turn your vehicle invisible*. It's the airhorns that get peoples attention. Mostly because they sound like an 18-wheeler about to run you into the pavement.

*They can also sap intelligence, causing people who do notice to react in stupid manners. Like slam-on-the-brakes-right-fucking-now stupid.

/My dad was a volunteer fireman, and my parents and oldest sister are EMTs, so you learn these things.

Last edited:
Arrgh. My gas tank seems like it's the size of an eyedropper. It gets wonderful highway mileage, but in town? I only get about 280 miles 'till it's at the quarter tank mark.

Also, how on earth has the spell check on my iPhone not learned "Miata" yet? Is Apple planning a fabulous little convertible now?! :lol:

Last edited:
Sounds to me like they haven't increased the tank size much in the normal Lancer models since the olden times. (Maybe you have a 12 gallon tank instead of a 10?)

That is kind of weird. I'm about 220-250 at a quarter of a tank and that's usually when I get gas. (Course I only get about 23-25mpg in the city.)

Because making it so the whole car will probably have to be junked sooner will save the environment instead of people keeping it for many more years.

Where I used to live there was a nun who wouldn't notice any car, ever. She almost hit my brother's Nissan Rogue, which was painted a shade of orange visible from orbiting satellites. But she's a nun, so cops don't pull her over when she does this, for fear of angering Jesus.

Where I used to live there was a nun who wouldn't notice any car, ever. She almost hit my brother's Nissan Rogue, which was painted a shade of orange visible from orbiting satellites. But she's a nun, so cops don't pull her over when she does this, for fear of angering Jesus.

Or they went to a Catholic school at some point. I attended a Catholic elementary, nuns scare the shit out of me still.

you Americans with your mileage woes....make me LOL

12 gallons (45 liters according to the Google) seems perfect for most cars here. As usually people get good mileage (6ish l/ 100 kms, 37 in Americanspeak, 43 in the queen's English), those 12 gallons (45 liters) get you 700ish kms far, or 434 miles...

Your car's gastank is NOT the problem!

I'm not complaining. The trade off is worth it. :p

video-2010-mustang-gt-burnin-rubber.jpg

Arrgh. My gas tank seems like it's the size of an eyedropper. It gets wonderful highway mileage, but in town? I only get about 280 miles 'till it's at the quarter tank mark.

I'm lucky to get 260 in the city before quarter tank in my truck, and I have 25 gallons. :p

you Americans with your mileage woes....make me LOL

12 gallons (45 liters according to the Google) seems perfect for most cars here. As usually people get good mileage (6ish l/ 100 kms, 37 in Americanspeak, 43 in the queen's English), those 12 gallons (45 liters) get you 700ish kms far, or 434 miles...

Your car's gastank is NOT the problem!

I get 1200 km's with a full tank, and it hardley costs me more then 45 liters of satans feul would, even less if you calculate in running costs.......

Enyoy your 'economical' lunchbox :p

I'm not complaining. The trade off is worth it. :p

video-2010-mustang-gt-burnin-rubber.jpg

Exactly!

Last edited: