Gran Turismo 5

Damn you PS3 hackers/Pirates: :mad:

Like I said it is manufacturing issues. I had it confirmed today.

The problem arose when SCE mandated SDK 350 on all games releasing after after October, GT5 was about to go gold running on SDK 341, but it has been delayed by around a week so that they can update to SDK 350. This has caused a big headache for the manufacturing side, given how big this game is missing the gold date by even a week can cause a months worth of delay as slots are already taken up at this time of year for Blu-ray movies and such. So Sony had to find a 3 week slot big enough to make 7m+ copies of this and get them shipped out.

If you want to blame anyone, I would direct it at the pirates and hackers, SCE never had any real SDK restrictions before firmware 3.41 was compromised.

Source: http://www.gtplanet.net/ps3-firmware-the-real-cause-of-gran-turismo-5s-delay/

After so many different causes I don't know what to think anymore. But this case seems the most "real".

Sony should have communicated the minimum firmware level required better. 3.41 was hacked a while back now. I think the REAL reason is hackers, but also because they can now force an upgrade for people holding out on 3.41. Want to play GT5? No Linux OS for you, buddy!

That's pointless, since, according to PS3Scene the hack for 3.42 and 3.50 is coming out on October 20th.

So yeah, new LED TV get with my DFGT mounted right infront of it.

If I'm ever ready for GT5, it's now... and next week.. and the week after...

Im sure a blueray printing plant is booked weeks or months in advance, you cant just not make your printing appointment by half a week, no matter who you are.

This is certainly polyphony's fault, and sony is left to pick up the peices and renegotiate.
Printers first priority is profits. Here is how it'd go down.

"Hi, I'm Kaz and I need a few million games stamped ASAP"

"Hi, Kaz can you hold while we get an estimate"

[On hold] "Fuckin' moneys!" does a jig [On hold]

"We can get you in first thing tomorrow!"

Printers first priority is profits. Here is how it'd go down.

"Hi, I'm Kaz and I need a few million games stamped ASAP"

"Hi, Kaz can you hold while we get an estimate"

[On hold] "Fuckin' moneys!" does a jig [On hold]

"We can get you in first thing tomorrow!"

Here's the thing - Sony uses their own Blu-ray printing facility...

So, no jigging at the other end of Kaz's line. I guess they will have a pretty packed schedule now with black friday, christmas and all that coming up.

New trailer and info.

[video=youtube;-bl64-_ywrQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bl64-_ywrQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sony hosted a Gran Turismo 5 press event in Taiwan (presumably scheduled before the delay) where a few more new details and screenshots were revealed. Most notably:

* You?ll be able to select clothing for your A-Spec driver (though, according to the introductory message found in this screen -- as translated by our own Whknky - once selected you won?t be able to change it again).
* The online portion of the game will be connected to ?Global Servers?. While it is not entirely clear what this means, it likely indicates that different versions of the game (NTSC, PAL) will be compatible with one another. As you may recall, in GT5 Prologue, in online events you would only be matched with other players using your respective version, preventing US players from playing with those from Europe, and vice-versa.
* The Gran Turismo 5 ?Racing Pack? will be sold in China as well as Japan, but the Chinese version also gets a unique GT-branded glass, humorously described by Google Translator as a ?specimen collection cup?.

Take a look at the screenshots below for more (via Gamer.com.tw), including game menus and B-Spec mode controls. Thanks to everyone who sent this in!

http://www.gtplanet.net/new-gt5-trailer-screens-info-from-taiwan-press-event/

So you can now play dress up with your driver? Really? Was that really necessary? This is a car game, there should be a livery editor for the cars, not the drivers.

That blue PS3 looks so cool...:(

They could at least release the latest demo as an "apology" for the delay since they feel so bad about it.

Edit: Future Shop is offering a free racing wheel if you buy the game:

10155538.jpg

I guess it'll work alright if you have nowhere to clamp a proper wheel, and will probably be better than a normal controller.

Edit 2: I also found out that it's a $50 value.

I know where I'm getting my GT5 from! :D

Last edited:
Looks like this game will make it or break it for me. If this game is not sublime and I test Forza 4 and that is then I will take my money elsewhere next time I buy a console.

This game is my only reason why I want a PS3.
But I'm saying this for 2 years now. And in that time I have grown old.
I haven't played race games (with a passion) since GT3.

But when i see those trailers, mmmm maybe i still want it.