TG USA Taping

Tanner on camera just isn't that great. You can tell how scripted his words are when he speaks. It kind of ruined it for me.

Ah i got bad news from my friends, it was like 5 hours standing, and even the host try very hard but still not as good as the UK TG...Anyways im still looking forward to the Sunday morning taping.

I believe this is my first time actually posting to the forum, but I thought I'd comment in here.

Having know Rut for probably about 7 or 8 years now, I'm so excited for him to have an awesome opportunity like this. He's a great guy, and quite a character. When I first read on FinalGear that he was going to be one of the hosts, I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Rut is a true gear-head at heart too. In the time I've known him, he's had probably 20+ vehicles, all relatively inexpensive, but mostly very unique. He's got a real-world perspective on cars, and I think he will have a valuable contribution to the crew.

That being said, I did hear that Chip Foose & Andrew Comrie-Picard stopped by one of the days. Not sure whether they were on air or just dropping by.

Chip Foose was there Thursday afternoon. He wasn't on the show, he just dropped by. They brought him on stage for a minute or two (not taping) to say hi to everyone. Later, he was chatting with someone else about the SL300 quite a bit, and he was giving his opinion of the design and things he would have done differently. Interesting to listen to, to be sure.

MR

Lots of standing today, but they try their best to keep you entertained.

Any idea on when this begins airing on the History channel? thought i saw a quick teaser the other day on History HD during Ice Road Truckers..

i went to the screening on wednesday, ill have to say its not bad at all. i only have two critiques really:
1) Tanner Foust, he is the wrong person to be on T.V. everything he says and does is robotic and sounds scripted. he does not sound like he is meant to be on T.V. at all
2) Camera Work, yes i understand this is the first season but some of the stuff they did seemed a little cheesy, but its not bad.

i liked it overall though.

So we went yesterday afternoon (Saturday) and it was really easy to find and the crowd wasn't near as bad as I was expecting it to be. Really neat to see people who knew about Top Gear to share stories with while waiting in line. We arrived so early, we couldn't even find where to go and drove around, for fun, on the big empty landing area and accidentally red-lined the MiniCooper. Just this huge piece of tarmac with no one around and nothing to hit. I got a little too enthusiastic with the freedom, but no harm done. We wandered around a bit more and found a Top Gear Crew ONLY part of the area and took some pictures of a yellow Lambo, a blacked out Ferrari and some other cool cars with no plates on them. Eventually we found the entrance, which at the time, was a closed gate with a tiny sign and no one around. Eventually we talked to a really cool security guard and tried to talk him into giving us his Top Gear Crew ID. So close, but didn't get it. We ended being 18 and 19 in line for the Saturday afternoon taping and got in just fine. The studio is a little small but you are LITERALLY rubbing shoulders with the hosts. Tanner was very cool, Adam seemed a bit distant but I told him I was a huge fan of his from many years ago when he did stand-up comedy and I quoted some of his lines and then he broke out into a comedy routine, which was totally cool and 100% Adam. Rutlidge was a cool guy, I never heard of him before, but he seemed very approachable and easy going. They let us in the gate at 2pm, we got into the studio about 3:15p, and it ended about 7pm. Yes, you are on your feet the whole time while in the studio but who complains? I'd of stood for 15 hours if they would have let me. I couldn't get enough of it. There was so much going on inside the studio for the eyes to take in. All the little details. I noticed no music during the segments, so I do hope they add music before it airs. The filming and editing techniques of the segments are just like Top Gear UK and the hosts are still finding their groove. Over all, for a first season, I walked away impressed and looking forward to the season. I drove in Friday night from Phoenix, AZ, and then drove back to Phoenix right after the taping ended. I told Adam and he said "You came all the way out here just for this? Was it worth it?" and then a girl behind me said she came out from Minnesota, by herself, just to see the taping as a birthday present to herself. How cool is that? We saw the Stig walking around the parking lot behind the studio and then, eventually, get into a Chrysler Town & Country Mini Van and drive off. That mini van never looked so cool!

For anyone with a GPS, you can enter these co-ordinates to go directly to the entrance:

N 33 degrees 40.387'
W 117 degrees 45.065'

Then park anywhere around these co-ordinates:

N 33 degrees 40.338'
W 117 degrees 44.648'

Then look for the tiny sign on the gate if the gate is closed.

Sounds like it's all good. And all of you...just gave me another reason why I wish I didn't live in NJ and was stuck at Rutgers.

What color is the Stig? If he's white it might give us some clue about TGUK and what they intend to do.

Behind a spoiler tag because of actual spoileriness...

White. Which means the UK version isn't doing a damn thing.

Proof: Tony Hawk tweeted the following pic of him with US!Stig a bit earlier...

http://twitpic.com/2ytgpm

Behind a spoiler tag because of actual spoileriness...

White. Which means the UK version isn't doing a damn thing.

Proof: Tony Hawk tweeted the following pic of him with US!Stig a bit earlier...

http://twitpic.com/2ytgpm

I wonder if Top Gear UK will do something with the old Stig - like "ship him" off to the US so they can get a new one. I have no idea, just fun to think about. :)

saw another teaser on the History channel tonight during Pawn stars.... testing a Panamera

"coming soon, the most popular tv show of all time..." or something like that.

Attended this Thursday morning's shoot. The audience was fun, despite the rain and thunderstorms, which caused a brief delay when they shut down some electronics for fear of lightning. On the way out of the parking lot, saw a 360 Modena, with a license plate that is TMI:
r1WkZ2aDDGHhfH0kEmSNPtrYBCDCK94dgZe6MiUUTAo

Went this afternoon, got there at 12PM and they started filming around 2PM, that was a lot of standing!

I don't care for how they're making Tanner in to Hammond, even trying to get Tanner to use the same mannerisms as Hammond. Didn't seem right. Tanner didn't have much talking on his own today, it was mostly Adam and Eric talking. It looked like it should be a ghaood show especially some of the clips they showed us to keep us entertained while the made set changes and what not. Since the names are out of who is reported to be on the first season, (here) today Tim Allen and Brett Michaels came in. Brett Michaels doesn't look too shabby actually, I thought he would look worse.

We were definitely taped for episodes toward the end of the season,... perhaps the very end of the season? :think: