Oh... Emm... Gee...

If anyone goes to the weekday tapings, can you describe the whole queuing up process and suggest how early we should probably go?

I have tickets to the first taping Wednesday morning on the 13th. I'll give report whats up! I have things for Tanner Foust that my friends might say haha

Does anyone happen to have tickets to the weekend tapings? I've got tickets for this thursday and monday if interested. Or else I'll have to skip class...

Lazlo??

[video=youtube;HoT-h0S1gkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoT-h0S1gkE[/video]

Tickets and you come early doesn't guaranteed front row or whatever. They move you around alot! I came in late and I was satisfieds were me and my friends were placed.

You just have to "maneuver" your way to the good spots.

Unless you're ugly and they move you to the back and replace you with a hot chick.

Well I finally got back from the taping! (I live 2.5 hours away)

I'm not going to share any information about the show itself (so as not to spoil it for you), but I will say that it's going to be great! As stated elsewhere, the 3 hosts really do have great chemistry, and the filming looks very professional and well edited.

Anyway, here's my experience at the taping:

(Despite this taping being right in the middle of the taping schedule, we were all informed that this will be shown in episode 1! Cool!)

My wife and I arrived at 12:30 since the tickets said to arrive no later than 1pm (for the 2pm taping). My wife and I were the 20th and 21st people to arrive... I thought for sure more people would arrive early, but I guess not! Anyway, for the next hour or so, another 150-200 people show up and get their "number" since only so many people can come in. The morning's taping went late and we ended up waiting until 3:30 to get into the hangar (this is filmed on an old Marine air base). Once inside, I was immediately surrounded by Top Gear goodness. There were a few, um, "really nice cars" on the floor and the hosts were mingling with the crowd. Also, American stig could be seen hanging around the back... (Everyone also saw the Stig driving a Chrysler minivan in the parking lot outside the hangar...)

The taping was interesting. There were a few takes of each segment, but not too many. The people handlers moved the audience around efficiently, and the only thing that really delayed taping was the positioning of cars, and waiting for the smoke to disperse from the smoke machines. The hosts were great at keeping things interesting between shots. Adam Ferrara did some great comedy during one particularly long delay--a mixture of his classic stand-up work, and some improv. Much appreciated :)

The taping lasted over 4 hours, but I was thoroughly entertained for 90% of it. Waiting for smoke to properly disperse was not my favorite part, but what are you gonna do? My wife and I were up front for many of the segments and had outstanding views of the hosts, cars, and TV monitors, where we were able to watch the entire segments you'll all see when the show comes out.

In my opinion, this version of Top Gear is already better than TG Australia was for Series 1 and 2, and definitely off to a better start than TG UK was for the same seasons. (not to say that I don't like TG Australia, cuz I do, but this is better) It's probably also geared more for American audiences, but I don't think that'll stop the fans across the world from enjoying it.

That's all for now. I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised by how good the show is from the get-go :)

Damn.. taping is at 1PM and I was planning at leaving my work at 12:30PM (work right by the airport). Guess I'll have to have my buddy get there earlier or I'll have to leave work earlier.. boss won't be happy with that. :|

Think showing up 30mins before hand would be ok? :?

I've got the boobs covered, literally.

cvrefugee: Awkward for you! :wicked:

I would recommend trying to get there an hour early. I'm sure the line varies by day, but you'll be getting a number as you arrive. They can only take about 150-200 people in, so whoever shows up first gets a number (to go in).

I see you drive a rabbit. One of the hosts drives one, and he'll probably mention it. Seems that was a popular car in my group lol :)

Damn.. taping is at 1PM and I was planning at leaving my work at 12:30PM (work right by the airport). Guess I'll have to have my buddy get there earlier or I'll have to leave work earlier.. boss won't be happy with that. :|

Think showing up 30mins before hand would be ok? :?

I've got the boobs covered, literally.

cvrefugee: Awkward for you! :wicked:

You might want to pull down that boob apron a bit, but don't come dressed like a skank. Based on what I saw, they were almost hiding the short skirts and low cut tops about as much as they were hiding the ugly ones from the camera.

You might want to pull down that boob apron a bit, but don't come dressed like a skank. Based on what I saw, they were almost hiding the short skirts and low cut tops about as much as they were hiding the ugly ones from the camera.

Uhm, I don't dress like a skank, ever. Didn't see too many scantily clad ladies there today, they were bundled up for the most part.

I was let out of work much earlier than anticipated (power went out for +30 minutes) so I was number 49 and my friend was 50.