From the Archives: BMW's little know 767 project.

So you, the entire family and the dog can all be stranded by the side of the road when the E32 electronics play up. Which they always do.

So you, the entire family and the dog can all be stranded by the side of the road when the E32 electronics play up. Which they always do.

Yours may have, but that's not really the case with all of them. The non-nikasil V8s were quite good, but the V12s have proven to be better over the years. I'd love to have the V12 version of my own car, as the V12s had more power and less cooling system issues (though I've found preventatively replacing the $150 radiator and $50 catch tank every 4-5 years is cheap assurance of reliability in that case.)

The V12 in the E32 was a maintenance nightmare, starting with the dual fly-by-wire throttles and going from there. Check out the stories of woe on the Roadfly forums about that.

Later V12s were in fact better, but in the E32, it was pretty bad. The E32 itself wasn't very good either.

The V12 in the E32 was a maintenance nightmare, starting with the dual fly-by-wire throttles and going from there. Check out the stories of woe on the Roadfly forums about that.

Um, as the founder of Midatlantic7s and having spent many years dealing with 7 series cars in particular (E32 and E38) I know a LOT of people with them, and the horror stories are overblown. Now, it's true that if something does go wrong wth the engine management, it's double costly, as it's specific and there are twice as many parts as normal, but the truth is, they tend to be a lot more robust than certain people give them credit for. True, they got better in the E38s, but there are a lot of daily driver V12 E32s with a lot of miles proving to be reliable. But people don't usually get online and complain about perfectly running cars, so you tend to only see the small percentage with issues. I see a lot more than that, dealing with the owner groups.

You must spread some awesome around before giving it to CrazyRussian540 again.
=(

It has a V16, people. A V16. V16 :motherofgod:

Um, as the founder of Midatlantic7s and having spent many years dealing with 7 series cars in particular (E32 and E38) I know a LOT of people with them, and the horror stories are overblown. Now, it's true that if something does go wrong wth the engine management, it's double costly, as it's specific and there are twice as many parts as normal, but the truth is, they tend to be a lot more robust than certain people give them credit for. True, they got better in the E38s, but there are a lot of daily driver V12 E32s with a lot of miles proving to be reliable. But people don't usually get online and complain about perfectly running cars, so you tend to only see the small percentage with issues. I see a lot more than that, dealing with the owner groups.

I suggest you ask wooflepoof on this board how his I6 E32 fared.

Well, Jaguar wasn't arrogant enough to pronounce their V12 to be "perfect" and "maintenance free", two blatant lies from anyone. BMW, I'm looking at you.

Wow... are all sections of bimmerforums filled with stuck-up know-it-all pricks that love to argue? Because that thread is just sad...
As opposed to... what, this forum?

Umm, good god that's brilliant. Screw the power numbers just imagine the NOISE it must of made.
:w00t: