Gran Turismo 5

RED BULL X1 REVEALED

1287429593719.jpg

1287429651533.jpg

1287429693271.jpg

I'm actually speechless, can't think of anything witty to say. Red Bull gives you wings (for downforce) I guess?

EDIT: Alleged Specs:

Engine: gas turbine, 1483bhp @ 15,000RPM, 527lb ft @ 12,000RPM
Transmission: continuously variable, rear-wheel drive
Top Speed: 249mph
Weight: 545kg/1202lbs
Length/Width/Height: 4750/2180/980mm
Suzuka Lap Time: 1:11.540 (compare with Vettel?s 2009 F1 lap time of 1:30.833)
Special Features: enclosed wheels, ?fan element? to increase low and medium-speed downforce (much like a vacuum cleaner)

Last edited:
Caparo T1 on steroids!

Can't wait to drive it! :D

I do hope you don't get it at the start by wining the Sunday Cup.

Should be something for near 100%'ing the game, or Plating it. Looks mean tho.

You know what would be cool? an actual fixed, quaranteed releasedate somewhere this century.
Instead of teaserpic/vid/stat nr 1015544131313,45

*/me is pissed*

Thought #1. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowboy again.

Thought #2. As cool as that X1 looks, I think I'd get bored of it really quickly and go back to seeing how fast I could lap the 'ring in a tuned Volvo 240DL wagon.
(hopefully they'll throw in the 850 T5-R wagon - I don't see why GT4 had the 240DL and the S60, but not the performance 850T5-R/R and S60R)

Last edited:
Thought #1. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowboy again.

Thought #2. As cool as that X1 looks, I think I'd get bored of it really quickly and go back to seeing how fast I could lap the 'ring in a tuned Volvo 240DL wagon.
(hopefully they'll throw in the 850 T5-R wagon - I don't see why GT4 had the 240DL and the S60, but not the performance 850T5-R/R and S60R)

It was the 240 GLT :p

But GT4 had some very strange car choices.

Somewhat related:
Am I the only one that prefers to drive the snot out of more common cars instead of the ultra-special racecars?
For example: an Elise, RX-7 or M3 will give me more fun that driving an F1 car.

Somewhat related:
Am I the only one that prefers to drive the snot out of more common cars instead of the ultra-special racecars?
For example: an Elise, RX-7 or M3 will give me more fun that driving an F1 car.

Nope, I'm right there with you. I'm not very good at anything faster than a touring car.

I recently fired up GT4 and tuned the shit out of some common cars to see what could happen, it's great fun taking on a Lancia Delta Inegrale with a Fiat 500 :lol: (yes, the 60s model)

On FM3, by FAR the car I've driven the most (offline and online) is a mildly tuned FD3S. On GT3 I seem to remember putting a healthy amount of miles on a tuned CLK-55.

My most driven car is an 800HP R34 followed by a fully tuned Stagea, The volvo is just a bit down.

Nope, I'm right there with you. I'm not very good at anything faster than a touring car.

I recently fired up GT4 and tuned the shit out of some common cars to see what could happen, it's great fun taking on a Lancia Delta Inegrale with a Fiat 500 :lol: (yes, the 60s model)

On FM3, by FAR the car I've driven the most (offline and online) is a mildly tuned FD3S. On GT3 I seem to remember putting a healthy amount of miles on a tuned CLK-55.

In GT3 my most driven car was the Esprit. I put every upgrade on it.

My most driven car is an 800HP R34 followed by a fully tuned Stagea, The volvo is just a bit down.

:lol:
Seems I am not alone!

Another vote for driving slow (ish) stuff... Not necessarily any specifics but driving a lot of different machines keep things insteresting. Also, they are a lot more forgiving and therefore provide a much more relaxing experience than the F1 or LMP machinery.

The thing I most disliked about Forza 3 was the career mode where I had to keep driving the 10+ lap R1 races between short championships. A really annoying feature on a long run, that... But that's propably just me...

The thing I most disliked about Forza 3 was the career mode where I had to keep driving the 10+ lap R1 races between short championships. A really annoying feature on a long run, that... But that's propably just me...

I don't mind longer races. I prefer them actually (just not when I'm simply lapping because I'm 8 tenths faster than every AI). But the R1 and R2 race cars were just no fun in Forza. Too much grip for what they were, and too understeery. Actually that kinda describes pretty much every car in Forza 3.

Played a demo build at the motorshow today (FT-86 G-Sports on Rome).

Felt pretty solid, couldn't really tell much difference in the physics, looked pretty. Damage was on.

Bought a PS3 for $100 the other day, needs a new power cord. Gonna try out the demo ASAP, I here the physics are better than Prologue.