Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

I'm not even going to get New Vegas until it gets discounted because, like, come on, it's Fallout 3 with some small improvements and a hardcore mod built in.

I'm not even going to get New Vegas any game until it gets discounted because, like, come on, it's Fallout 3 with some small improvements and a hardcore mod built in.
My current outlook.... For example, I just picked up Left 4 Dead 2 for $7. I'm a sucker for those Steam deals and it makes paying full price for a game painful (GT5 will be the first exception since GTA IV).

[non canadafags won't know what I'm talking about] I just watched that new Space show Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Wow, it's so, umm... ridonkulous, yeah that works, that I actually thought it was quite good. Unabashed cheesiness, mhmm. I think I'ma watch it regularly just because! Also, unrelated to my views on it, it's filmed in this arsehole of a city by our own Frantic Films, who mostly produce boring things.

I recently discovered the hilarity that is 'How I Met Your Mother', god have I been missing out. Better yet, the intro sequence makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:
I recently discovered the hilarity that is 'How I Met Your Mother', god have I been missing out. Better yet, the intro sequence makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

that's how it's supposed to be! for me that kind of feeling died away at some point... watching the whole thing three times doesn't help :-|

Massive Attack is fucking fantastic live.... not that Thievery Corporation wasn't awesome as well but Massive Attack put them to shame this time...

Finally got around to seeing Paranormal Activity.

(I'm not going to unearth its thread, I'm no construction worker... But I shall leave my over-long analysis here for anyone who cares!) :lol:

Massive Spoilers Ahead Captain!
I can see why the reviews seem to be split both ways, its not conventional horror with lots of blood and slashing and the deaths of a bus load of people.
(I also avoided all the hype somehow so knew nothing about it before I watched.)

I really enjoyed it though, its more mentaly stressing than jumpy, you end up watching the night scenes waiting for something to happen. Its nice stuff alternated about too, rather than more an more occuring at once it was just focused events.

As I said not really jumpy but seriously creepy, that scene where the girl gets out of bed and just stares at a wall for like 3 hours had me griting my teeth. It was just so un-natural and weird its stuck with me.

The film did drag on a bit though, a couple more nights and less day-time stuff would have been nice.

Ending gave me the chills (the original end), I hate screaming, like really hate it, it really messes with my head. And then the way the demon finishes her off in the end getting her shot by cops was a nice touch.

Overall I though it was pretty good, although some bit were too drawn out, and you really need a good imagination to fill in the blanks really. Films where you know whats going on aren't as bad (like zombie flicks) but movies where the enemy is pretty much never revealed creep me out.
The sort of movie that doesn't scare you while you watch it but lingers on your mind afterwards.

aren't they releasing a sequel to Paranormal Activity?

also, after the recent announcement that David E. Kelley is working on a new Wonder Woman tv series, i found this.

Who's ready for another Hulk TV series?

As DC Comics heroine Wonder Woman, who had a TV series during the 1970s, is being prepped for a return to the small screen, Marvel and ABC are contemplating a TV return for the Incredible Hulk. CBS produced a memorable series featuring the jade giant that ran from 1978-82 and starred Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. At the end of the decade, ABC followed up with three TV movies that featured incarnations of Marvel heroes Daredevil and Thor. Hulk is one of two projects that are priorities at Marvel Television, Marvel Studio?s TV division, which has been operating under the radar since Jeph Loeb took the reins at the end of June. The second hot property is Cloak and Dagger, which is being developed as a possible show for ABC Family.
Both are in the early stages of development; Hulk has a ?showrunner wanted? placard around its neck, and sources are saying that Guillermo del Toro and ?Battlestar Galactica? producer David Eick will be pitching a take. ABC had no comment. Meanwhile, Loeb is meeting with writers to hear ideas for Cloak and Dagger. Marvel began narrowing it list of possible TV adaptations in May with a presentation on the Disney lot.
Executives presented ABC suits with a list of titles they identified as possible series:
? Heroes for Hire (focusing on ex-con Luke Cage offering to take on bad guys for a price);
? The Eternals (a race of superpowered beings live amid humanity in secret, inspiring legends);
? Agents of Atlas,
* Alter Ego (private investigator Jessica Jones takes on cases involving superhumans);
? Moon Knight,
* the Red Hood (a low-rent criminal discovers a cloak that gives him superpowers);
? Ka-Zar (a Tarzan-type and his saber-toothed tiger must journey to the concrete jungle to seek justice);
? Daughters of the Dragon (a dynamic female duo, one with a bionic arm and the other a granddaughter of a samurai, open a private-detective agency); and
? The Punisher (one man wages a war on crime; already adapted as two feature films).

Ironically, Cloak and Dagger wasn?t on the list. (Hulk was.) Although the focus appears to be on Hulk and Cloak and Dagger, Punisher also has been selected from the herd and is eyed as a cable play, but that is even further away. Marvel?s TV division wants to take things slow, according to insiders, focusing on one or two shows, making sure they are the best they can be and establishing a quality brand before moving forward. Marvel is in the middle of establishing a shared universe with its movies (the pics and the characters form one big story), but it?s unknown whether the studio will undertake a similar path with TV. Also unknown is whether there would be a connection between the film world and TV world.
original article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/hulk-heading-back-tv-cloak-29093

i'd really like it if HBO could get their hands on The Punisher, thats the only channel where the character would be able to be true to his natural roots.

Last edited:
aren't they releasing a sequel to Paranormal Activity?

Yeah, people are saying its good but I'm not impressed the 2nd cost millions to make wheras the 1st cost $15,000... :rolleyes:

I also liked the original ending for the first movie (replaced for the theater and DVD release) which leaves no room for a sequel. I'll probably still check it out though.

sounds like a repeat of the Blair Witch Project, first one cost next to nothing and they immediately make a second one and increase the budget. Funnily enough while i liked the first one i thought the second one was a good contender for Worst Sequel ever.

Played Portal again today for the first time in three months... and the only thing it's done is remind me how much I love this game. Hopefully Valve time won't come into the reckoning for the currently-announced release date for Portal 2, I've got two weeks' holiday after the winter exam session ends and the game's release date falls right in that time window.

Dead..... mau5... last... night...

/collapses back into bed

io9 said:
George Lucas reportedly creating Star Wars sequel trilogy (that's not about the Skywalkers)

Big honking Saturday morning rumor here! According to IESB.net, George Lucas will be creating a new trilogy once the first six Star Wars movies go 3D. This echoes what Lucas did in the 1990s after the original trilogy was rereleased.

When you check the link, IESB.net may be down from a traffic surge, but here are the pertinent details:

George Lucas is plotting to create new Star Wars movies at the ultra top-secret Skywalker Ranch. This is deja vu of the mid '90s when Uncle George start[ed] tweaking the Holy Trilogy to gear up for the Special Editions. [...] These new film will have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development. That show already has over 50 scripts ready to go and plenty of pre-production time and money has been spent on artwork and storyboards. Once that show goes into production, Lucasfilm hopes to be able to produce at least 100 episodes since that is the threshold for syndication in the United States [...Fans] can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

Also, the film is reported to debut 24 months after the 3Ding of Return of the Jedi, and the next three episodes (which could be either Episodes 7-9 or 10-12) could possibly "occur as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future." Furthermore, the IESB source claims that the movie will not focus on the Skywalker clan.

IESB's broken a couple pretty big scoops (including Joss Whedon being tapped to direct The Avengers and the PG-13 rating of Revenge of the Sith), so it's a rumor that should be taken with a slightly larger grain of salt.

UPDATE: Underwire reports that Lucasfilm has denied the possibility of a new trilogy, but that's expected either way.

Gold star goes to tipster Omgwtflolbbqbye!

[Spotted on Underwire. Photo via Bonnie Burton & Lesley Farquhar via Laughing Squid]

Send an email to Cyriaque Lamar, the author of this post, at Cyriaque@io9.com.

Really hoping for a KotOR based movie but I don't expect it to hapen

Did anyone else hear that Mel Gibson was going to do a cameo in the Hangover sequel? They were going to do it, but apparently the "cast and crew" didn't want to work with Mel, so they pressured the director into dropping him for Liam Neeson. Does that piss anyone else off? Mel Gibson in the Hangover? That sounds like comedy gold! But because a bunch of pussies don't personally like Mel in real life, they refused to be a part of it? WTF? Hell, Mike Tyson raped someone...

[star wars]

Well, yeah, what else is Lucas going to do? Herp derp, all he does is Indi and Star Wars and it was always known that the franchise wasn't stopping at six films. I just hope he doesn't feel the need to direct any future Star Wars movies because he's simply an awful director. And I have very low expectations for the upcoming live action series.

The CG series has been spectacular and I have high hopes for the upcoming live action series.

i'm with jetsetter on this one, the Clone Wars series has actually been very good and it is putting the live action series in a good light. plus also they are taking their time with the tv series. rumours of the tv series began after the release of Episode 3 and they could have rushed it but they havent.