this is why the tea party is getting my vote!

wow... words fail me...

Wait, wait. So Obama is spending eleventy billion dollars on abortion and abortion is about making billions of dollars?
It would help if they didn't totally contradict themselves in their own damn ad.

Well, how do you think they're making the billions of dollars? Obama's devil cheques!

Have you met many?
I've met quite a few, actually, and can back up his statement. You don't have to read many of the tea party's own sources on the internet to come to that conclusion, either.

Well, how do you think they're making the billions of dollars? Obama's devil cheques!
From a bank in Kenya!

After years of experience fighting 9/11 conspiracy theorists, I can easily recognize the effect of a paranoid mindset, when I see one. This ad is just that, it tickles the paranoid part of people's brain and it has probably been made by a paranoid. Notice the tension-rising music, the slow-moving pictures, the base idea of an evil power willingly trying to manipulate everyone and everything, the call to a (fake) last resort defence against evil, the dehumanization of the "enemy". It doesn't really care what is being said, as long as it agrees with what these people believe in. Everything else will just be "evil".

Those people aren't just using their brain, and this is extremely dangerous. I really hope for the US that this movement is not getting too many votes.

I know it will, I just hope it won't.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;OTSQozWP-rM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTSQozWP-rM[/video]

:dunno:

Have you met many?

Both my parents.

Just the other night my mom was complaining about some dude making some pass at Bush. I don't even remember what it was. It wasn't offensive or anything. Something about too big to fail or something like that, I don't know. She called it defamation and she said it made her really mad.

I told her that if that dude can't criticize Bush, she has no business listening to Rush Limbaugh or Shaun Hanity, and she can't call Obama "liar" or "scumbag" or "asshole" or whatever she decides to shout at him every time he appears on the TV.

How long are you grounded for? :p

I can bribe either of my parents with explanations of particle physics.

Not only do they like hearing about it, it ties their minds up enough for me to make an escape.

All I have to do is start talking about neutrinos and all is forgiven.

They like the way I teach. For some reason they don't like the lectures I send them. My mom calls them overeducated assholes (tea party, she's against "liberal" education, ie, all universities). So I just run my mouth to a captive audience.

Last edited:
But particle physics explains how the universe works and is in direct contradiction with the Bible!

But particle physics explains how the universe works and is in direct contradiction with the Bible!

Yeah. Every time I talk about the CMB and things like that they just say "well that's just what they think", even though they accept basically everything else I say. Even branes and strings.

My dad's a diehard creationist. Even though he believes in evolution, he doesn't believe in speciation. Mom's more open to it, but still irrationally skeptical.

I have my fun.

Last edited:
Ha. That is hilarious. This can't be real.

They like the way I teach. For some reason they don't like the lectures I send them. My mom calls them overeducated assholes (tea party, she's against "liberal" education, ie, all universities). So I just run my mouth to a captive audience.
DEFINE: "overeducated"

We started talking about that in Jay's thread, I think; how the right is basically railing against education. I fail to see how someone can be "too educated".