Random Thoughts....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Boolean logic...is...so...fucking...ILLOGICAL!

It's incredible the number of people who just don't proof their work. And not just relying on Word to do it for them. The number of letters I get with:

Dear Manger

:wall:

M-a-n-A-g-e-r

I assume they miss it because if you are reading something knowing what it is supposed to say you will read it as that even if it is misspelled.

I assume they miss it because if you are reading something knowing what it is supposed to say you will read it as that even if it is misspelled.

Hence my lament at the lack of proofing

Yeah but I mean even if you do proofread somewhat you might miss that. I didn't notice it was wrong until I read what was under it. :lol:

well that was just a massive waste of my time. the training coach came up to me, asked me what i was doing. told her i was doing a job search as per my instructions and her response was "ok, send off 12 spec letters and send in 5 application forms for jobs."
now if i could find 5 jobs that had vacancies, i'd obviously go for them. but because there is so few jobs out there, i was forced to go for jobs that i have no chance of getting. One requires a driving licence (which i don't have), another required me to speak german (which i don't). These are all jobs that i have absolute no chance of getting and their role at this place is to help me find jobs?
the really annoying thing is that if i complained about this, its very likely i'd get kicked off the course. The Job Center would put me back on the course again as its a requirement of this whole New Deal thing. Except i'd start over again with another 13 weeks. Its so unfortunate that in order to get a job, my best course of action is to just shut up for the next 8 weeks and apply for jobs i can't get.
thankfully since i can access these forums while there and get into the games forum, my sanity still remains intact and i've not yet had the urge to sit in a tower and a sniper rifle picking them off. not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

This might be a silly question but why don't you have a driving license?

while i know a statement such as that on this forum is practically akin to saying your guilty of a crime, but when i started working at a warehouse in my first job of Sept 1997 i didn't really need one. the warehouse was close by my home so it wasn't really much of a issue. once i got settled in the warehouse time has a habit of flying by and i just never got round to it. since i'm not naturally an outgoing person it wasn't really something that was crucial (although goes a long way to explain my social problems, but thats another story). when i left the warehouse in 2008 i had by that time gotten so used to not having a driving licence that when i really did need one. i was left stuck. so much so that the first thing i'm doing when finding permanent work is getting my driving licence sorted out. many things about myself need sorting out and the Driving Licence takes top priority over all others.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Boolean logic...is...so...fucking...ILLOGICAL!

Lol. I'm guessing this is one of the computing engineering units.

while i know a statement such as that on this forum is practically akin to saying your guilty of a crime, but when i started working at a warehouse in my first job of Sept 1997 i didn't really need one. the warehouse was close by my home so it wasn't really much of a issue. once i got settled in the warehouse time has a habit of flying by and i just never got round to it. since i'm not naturally an outgoing person it wasn't really something that was crucial (although goes a long way to explain my social problems, but thats another story). when i left the warehouse in 2008 i had by that time gotten so used to not having a driving licence that when i really did need one. i was left stuck. so much so that the first thing i'm doing when finding permanent work is getting my driving licence sorted out. many things about myself need sorting out and the Driving Licence takes top priority over all others.

Like punctuation? :p

Seriously though it's easy for that to happen. At least you aren't one of those who has admitted that they are not a driver by nature. And if things don't improve you can always stab one of the Job Centre staff and spend a few years at Her Majesty's pleasure. They has in internetz in prison these days I hear.

well that was just a massive waste of my time. the training coach came up to me, asked me what i was doing. told her i was doing a job search as per my instructions and her response was "ok, send off 12 spec letters and send in 5 application forms for jobs."
now if i could find 5 jobs that had vacancies, i'd obviously go for them. but because there is so few jobs out there, i was forced to go for jobs that i have no chance of getting. One requires a driving licence (which i don't have), another required me to speak german (which i don't). These are all jobs that i have absolute no chance of getting and their role at this place is to help me find jobs?
the really annoying thing is that if i complained about this, its very likely i'd get kicked off the course. The Job Center would put me back on the course again as its a requirement of this whole New Deal thing. Except i'd start over again with another 13 weeks. Its so unfortunate that in order to get a job, my best course of action is to just shut up for the next 8 weeks and apply for jobs i can't get.
thankfully since i can access these forums while there and get into the games forum, my sanity still remains intact and i've not yet had the urge to sit in a tower and a sniper rifle picking them off. not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Jedd, what kind of job are you looking for again? and what credentials do you have?

I dunno but maybee , time to think outside the box a little? something compleetly different and outside you edjucational direction perhaps? :dunno:

I mayde the switch from CNCmetalwork (wich requires credentials) for 10 years to driving a truck (wich requires the ability to hold a steeringwheel) a few years ago.....everyone thought I was mad but this whole economical crisis passed me by like a priusdriver passes a bikerbar.

Last edited:
I don't know how people manage without driver's licenses... but then again they probably have public transport.
Then only thing we have is one bus that has about 5 stops. All of them are on main street except for one that is in the next town over which is the subway system. The subway only goes from there into Boston. So if I want to go to anywhere not Boston a car is required. We don't even have school buses.

Like punctuation? :p

Seriously though it's easy for that to happen. At least you aren't one of those who has admitted that they are not a driver by nature. And if things don't improve you can always stab one of the Job Centre staff and spend a few years at Her Majesty's pleasure. They has in internetz in prison these days I hear.

hmm, punctuation always was a problem for me. i'll add that to the list of things that need sorting out.
i want to drive, but before being made redundant it wasn't really an issue. i mean watching shows like Top Gear or visiting shows like JapFest a few years back all made me want to drive and i'm prefectly aware on what i'm missing out.
somehow i don't think ending up at her majesty's pleasure may be the best. i don't think nerds have a long lifespan in there without becoming someones "toy".

Jedd, what kind of job are you looking for again? and what credentials do you have?

I dunno but maybee , time to think outside the box a little? something compleetly different and outside you edjucational direction perhaps? :dunno:

I mayde the switch from CNCmetalwork (wich requires credentials) for 10 years to driving a truck (wich requires the ability to hold a steeringwheel) a few years ago.....everyone thought I was mad but this whole economical crisis passed me by like a priusdriver passes a bikerbar.

actually that is something i'm working on. i've been on to College course and the BBC about training. The BBC remains the one place i've always wanted to work (don't care what, just being part of the BBC) and i've always wanted to teach history (i had a great history teacher and always made me think "i'd so like to do that.")
But this course isn't part of that and they are only interested in getting me out to work. they don't care where or what for. they just want to get rid of me.

I don't know how people manage without driver's licenses... but then again they probably have public transport.
Then only thing we have is one bus that has about 5 stops. All of them are on main street except for one that is in the next town over which is the subway system. The subway only goes from there into Boston. So if I want to go to anywhere not Boston a car is required. We don't even have school buses.

well the place i worked was always a 15-20 minute walk away and it was always easy enough to just put the iPod (or going further back walkman) on. great exercise and easy on the wallet as well. Getting a driving licence wasn't essential and therefore was never really on the top of my priorities.
Like i said earlier, it was never my intention to just say no to driving. i just didn't find it necessary and its only now that those actions are coming back to bite me on the ass.

I am pretty sure the only place in 15 min walking distance from me is the ford dealership.... I should totally apply to the ford dealership :lol:

15 minuts walk way you say huh? :think:

Looks like I would have a choice between becoming a farmhand :)think: ) , or becoming a male nurse for the elderly........

My mother is an aid for the elderly.... I think I would rather work at the ford dealership.

It's incredible the number of people who just don't proof their work. And not just relying on Word to do it for them. The number of letters I get with:

Dear Manger

:wall:

M-a-n-A-g-e-r

You were the place the baby Jesus was born?

Sorry, stupid snowfall making me think of Christmas.

By chance do you like Dodge Vipers and Subaru WRXs? :p