If right wing politians dropped morality, would you vote for them?

If right wing politians dropped morality, would you vote for them?

• Yes I would.

Votes: 25 56.8%
  • No, I would not.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
No, you are right on. Both would like morals and politics to go hand in hand. Sarah Palin, if she drop(ped) the "the yah hey der" hokiness and hot button morality issues, would have been a hit among a broader audience. She is not really original though, listen to Rush Limbaugh, and she parrots many things he says. Glen Beck likes to push it as far as he can; he was once a shock jock, and is VERY savvy about reaching his core audience, though he makes Joe McCarthy look sane and sensible at times. Make no mistake; He, Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh are no dummies.

I have said this before, and many of you know this, I am very religious person. This halloween, like many in the past, I will be celebrating The Reformation, as it was Martin Luther on that day who put up his 95 theses and started a cultural revolution that destroyed the corrupt empire that was the Catholic church.

Religious as I am, with morals that abide by it, I do not want my views or any religious view to sway any government establishment, because power will and has corrupted it. Morality and government politics are like oil and water, they cannot, should not exist with one another. I loathed GB43 and his Jesus camp mentality; how dare any politician sully my Saviors good words with their filthy profession is repugnant. It is like whores in a holy temple.

I would want for Americans, whatever religious choice (or not) they made for themselves, that their government favors no religion over another, and is swayed by no religion, or pass laws under the guise or influence of religion. An American is an American, and nothing more, and nothing less. If we all took that attitude, life would be much simpler.
At the end of that post, I started reading it out loud in my head. There was a presidential voice, trying to reconcile all of the peoples in that land.

Must spread more theses aroud before reforming Jay again.

Jay Jensen for president. Let's make this happen, people.
Jensen? Jay, you got some Scandinavian blood in you?

Reactions: Jay
Jay, we need more people like you in the world.

Can we get some "Jay for President" badges photoshopped up to go in our sigs?

Reactions: Jay
Ah jeez guys. I appreciate the kind words. :)

I am too humble to be Presidential; I do not aspire to be in power, I would rather work behind the scenes.

And Nomix, yes I am! Mostly Danish, with a touch of Norwegian, hence why I am not terrified of the natural world unlike my Danish ancestors. :p

EDIT: I would like to mention I am not this Halloween going to be brandishing a Bible and cross and screaming at people that they are heretics; that would be silly. No, I just think that Halloween is for the kids. Just celebrating the Reformation by, which I think Martin Luther would have done, drinking.

Last edited:
Ah jeez guys. I appreciate the kind words. :)

I am too humble to be Presidential; I do not aspire to be in power, I would rather work behind the scenes.

And Nomix, yes I am! Mostly Danish, with a touch of Norwegian, hence why I am not terrified of the natural world unlike my Danish ancestors. :p

EDIT: I would like to mention I am not this Halloween going to be brandishing a Bible and cross and screaming at people that they are heretics; that would be silly. No, I just think that Halloween is for the kids. Just celebrating the Reformation by, which I think Martin Luther would have done, drinking.

Chief of staff then? Politicians need smart people who can give reasoned advice and lord knows we need more people like that advising them then what we have, for the most part, right now.

Aight. Gimmie a word if you're going to Norway, I'll make time.

Chief of staff then? Politicians need smart people who can give reasoned advice and lord knows we need more people like that advising them then what we have, for the most part, right now.
Then I'll take dCoS, you want Communications?

Any one who wants to be President automatically bars them. So if I were American I go for a Colin Powell and Jay Jensen ticket in a heartbeat - neither of them wants the job. :)

Neither did Truman, and he did quite well.

I loathed GB43 and his Jesus camp mentality; how dare any politician sully my Saviors good words with their filthy profession is repugnant. It is like whores in a holy temple.
World's second oldest profession has a lot in common with the first, right? Can't remember who said that.

I hear there's an opening in the White House. I'm sure Jay would do a lot better than Rahm. As much as I liked Rahm, I'm sure half his suggestions involved kneecapping someone with a framing hammer.

Neither did Truman, and he did quite well.
Yeah, but it was a few decades before public hatred of Truman cooled and we realized what a good job he did.

Yup. Wonder he managed to win an election. Like, it's incredible.

That said.. you did have something like 3.5 MILLION men under arms during Truman's last term.. and the economy was failing.. but in the context, he did an effing good job.

Yup. Wonder he managed to win an election. Like, it's incredible.

That said.. you did have something like 3.5 MILLION men under arms during Truman's last term.. and the economy was failing.. but in the context, he did an effing good job.

Plus he had to deal with McArthur.

Yeah. Not to mention Stalin.