2010 Acura TSX

p0w3r

Car(s)
2010 Acura TSX
So my lease on my Audi was up and I was frantically searching for a new car. I was already 100% set on a 2011 WRX Sedan...in white. However, the inventory in the models suck and I would end up car-less for a few weeks. Also, insurance would have torn me a new one. So I decided to (kinda impulsively) get a TSX...and well here it is:

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/p0/p0w3r/2010/10/14/IMG00100-20101005-1238.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/p/p0/p0w3r/2010/10/14/IMG00101-20101005-1238.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/p/p0/p0w3r/2010/10/14/IMG00098-20101005-1237.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/p/p0/p0w3r/2010/10/14/IMG00129-20101014-1640.jpg

So far I really like it. The interior quality is no where near the Audi's, but it does have a lot more tech. It seems to handle much better than the A4 though, and the HID's are amazing at night. Plus the seats are a definite step above the A4's.

I've always wondered why they named a car after a stock exchange.

It does look lovely though.

Thanks guys! :D

@devil 500: Nope, Im usually around Queens...but currently in Long Island (where the pictures were taken)

@LeVeL: Its the 4cyl model with VTECCCC making 201hp...not a lot but its enough for daily driving...hopefully I can pickup a WRX for performance down the road.

I think the TSX is the only Acura that looks okay with their new corporate nose.

Sweet! I really liked the first-gen TSX. Haven't driven the second-gen. But the first gen car, at least, was far more fun than its stat sheet made it seem.

Critical question: auto or manual? Acura has some amazing 6MTs...

@Mitlov: Unfortunately its an Auto. I was really tempted to get a 6mt (i heard the one for the TSX was even magnesium encased too) but I couldn't find one in grey and I couldn't wait. But yeah it really is a pretty fun car to drive. Its very lively and responsive even though its not very powerful.

Ah well, you can't win 'em all. But since you live in NYC, an auto is probably a smarter choice anyway, even if it isn't as fun for the 1% of time you're not stuck in gridlock ;)

Very nice TSX. The Acura grille does look the best in a smaller form! :D

Very nice! :thumbsup:

It's definitely the best-looking car Acura currently makes, especially compared to its big brother:

2010-acura-tl-4.jpg

:puke:

Sedate color, but I fully approve of the car. :thumbsup:

That bigger Acura kind of reminds me of an angry old person who doesn't have teeth? (Sorry if that's offensive, it's just what I see.)

Well TSX's are certainly nice cars for everyday driving, congrats on your purchase. I know someone who's leasing a 2009 TSX and he likes it a lot. I think it's his favorite car he's ever owned (He was also thinking of leasing a Mazda3 aside the TSX but he ended up buying a used Lexus RX 300 which is nothing like a TSX. o-O.) He especially wanted one after we would drive past the bank where my Boyfriend's Stepmom works (she owns an older first gen one) and we'd see it sitting in the parking lot.

What is one of your favorite features of the car so far? (Besides the amazing HIDs, because they are pretty amazing I will admit that. We once drove the Failsubishi and the Acura somewhere at night and his lights on normal way outshined the Failsubishi's lights on bright. D= )

Last edited:
No offense, but I think gray is the wrong colour; this car looks best in black, silver, or white.

@mooglebunny: Theres a lot of tech that the Acura has that my A4 didnt. Bluetooth connectivity is awesome and its really simple and well thought out. The sound system is very nice, and much better than the Audi's. However, it definitely does not feel as strong as the Audi, which had doors that felt like a bank vault. The TSX is a good amount cheaper though, so for the price I am really not complaining.

@Ilpav: My first choice was white too, however they didnt have any with a black interior, only beige...which is a HUGE deal breaker. I was thinking of getting a blue one, but it was a bit too flashy. As for black, its too much of a pain to keep clean from my last car, and I think silver is the most boring color for any car. So I got the grey...the color looks a bit darker in person as my Blackberry camera kinda sucks.

Shiny!

Dude, stop saying it has little power. 201bhp is more power than 90% of users on this forum have in their cars (me included) and more power than 90% cars you see on the street when driving around in Europe. And in any case it all depends on the weight of the car.
Anyhow, I think its a kewl car, I wouldnt mind owning it at all. And I would take the automatic also. Unless its a Porsche GT3 or something like that for track days and such I see no point bothering with a manual for everyday use. Take care of her :)

Last edited:
Ah nice. I rode in the friend's Acura like once for a short time. It does have a nice stereo system. Yeah, I imagine it won't be like your old Audi, but it will also require much less regular maintenance than your Audi probably did as well. I wouldn't know about the bluetooth, the friend doesn't own a cell phone or anything super fancy (he's kind of old school and in his 60s). All I have to say about the solidness thing is that it isn't German? I've been in a couple of German cars and they do seem to be a lot different than American/Japanese cars in the sense of how they are built for sure. But the Acura is no less safe than those cars too, so that's the other thing.

Sadly, one of the reasons why he wanted the Acura was because it had a stronger and more stable feeling trunk. I'm really not kidding. That was a big driving point for him as he kept mentioning it. o-O

Well hope the Acura works well for you as it seems like you like a lot of things about it.

I dont doubt that the Acura is any less safe than the Audi, as I am sure that both cars have very strong frame and high structural rigidity. Main difference is that the body panels are much thinner than the Audi (I noticed when I was detailing the car last week).

I put some minor things in the car...pics will follow soon. Only other update was that someone threw up all over the backseat of the car. College life on halloween weekend...

The TSX has among the highest safety tolerances of any Honda/Acura product. Remember, in other markets, it's sold as the Accord, so it's competing with many Volvos/Mercs, etc.

Bwaha, you've got Zuckerberg's car! xD
Except he has gen one.
I have to say, i really like it's looks, it's so clean and really kinda stands out of the crowd (at least over here).
I hope you can get that WRX too, though, it's fantastic.