Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

OH MY GOODNESS. Animal Crossing 3DS. Yes. I can't wait for the 3DS they are making so many interesting games for it. (So far AC3DS looks pretty cool, it's a lot taller of a world now and it's kinda cool.)

So now I'm actually awake instead of dribbling into the keyboard like I was last night (althought it's Friday morning so it's questionable) I'll mention that I went to see Ross Noble last night. This was the first time I've been to see a comedian live that you'd know of and it didn't disappoint one bit. He was out for a good two and a half hours picking on the audience (especially a bloke who came in late and started playing with his Blackberry) and generally talking random, hilarious shit.

I was also introduced to the googlephone, a mythical German instrument that is apparently played using foot and both arms.

I'm going to try and keep up to date with the live comedians there, it's the perfect place because it's 20 minutes away by train, which because I bought an annual ticket is essentially free to me.

OH MY GOODNESS. Animal Crossing 3DS. Yes. I can't wait for the 3DS they are making so many interesting games for it. (So far AC3DS looks pretty cool, it's a lot taller of a world now and it's kinda cool.)

Meh, I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of "*x franchise* 3DS." What does 3D add to animal crossing besides novelty?

I didn't have a DS for a long time so I'm just getting around to playing some of the games. There really was a lot of innovation going on back then. New (at the time) IPs like Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton are more enjoyable to me than then 28th iteration of Zelda.

EDIT: Warioware is a perfect example, the first game on GBA was great. I spent an unhealthy amount of time beating the challenges. Touched was meh. Didn't really play Twisted. But Smooth Moves for Wii was pretty bad...

Last edited:
That's just Nintendo though. They regurgitate old games and fans blindly pay. It's never going to change as much as it annoys me and (I would assume) a shitload of game developers.

Last edited:
I had the original Animal Crossing for the Gamecube, but WW is different. I wouldn't have bought the Wii one, City Folk, despite the fact that it's new.

It actually looks like it's going to make it look quite different. (Different perspective will make some things easier and others harder.)

Also, I can't wait for Pokemon Black and White. I WANT THEM SO BAD. Famitsu gave B&W a 40/40, the 15th game they have ever given a perfect score. They added 156 new pokemon and the towns actually look quite cool and big to adventure *unlike before, they always felt too small to me*.

Are this week's Daily Show episodes REALLY from Washington DC

Yes. The acoustics are always different when they're out of the studio, and when they lie about things it's always obvious (like Rob Riggle reporting from Iraq for a week... on a green screen except for like one day when he was actually in Iraq)

Capt America teaser poster, aw yeah

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/10/29/tumblr_l8lhqn3hii1qdzgcno1_500.jpg

Watched this again:

http://img709.imageshack.**/img709/2659/batmanundertheredhoodmo.jpg

Honestly, I consider it superior to the two most recent live action films.

Yes. The acoustics are always different when they're out of the studio, and when they lie about things it's always obvious (like Rob Riggle reporting from Iraq for a week... on a green screen except for like one day when he was actually in Iraq)

Ah I see. I couldn't tell the difference, but I also have a crappy cheap-o freebie tv that I'm using and the sound quality is questionable at best. It's moderately modern, but that's about all it has going for it.

But then, why was Colbert from NYC? That was just weird. xD

So I beat The Saboteur (PC) the other day. Fecking great game, that is. One of the best SP shooters I've played in a very long time, easily. I don't even know where to start. Fun as hell gameplay. Good story. Major props to whoever thought of taking GTA 3's gameplay and setting it in WWII occupied France. It just works. soooooo damn well.

It's one of those games that makes you feel a bit bummed after beating it, because even though you know you can replay it as many times as you want, you also know that the first time, when you don't know what's going to happen next, is always the best.

Watched this again:

http://img709.imageshack.**/img709/2659/batmanundertheredhoodmo.jpg

Honestly, I consider it superior to the two most recent live action films.

actually if they are looking for ideas for the third film, i'd point my finger at this one. either that or Hush.

The Red Hood story line is powerful and DC is managing to keep the classic drawing style with newer techniques futurama style and still keep it realistic and gory, they're making tehse movies for teens and adults who grew up with the comics, not kids, so it works and works well. Looking forward to the next one, meanwhile i just got the Wonder Woman animated movie this week, will watch that.

Why oh WHY did Amazon and USPS have to deliver the new Wheel of Time book a day early, especially when I have a test tomorrow?

For those of you in the United States of America... Barnes & Noble is having their twice yearly 50% off of Criterion Collection (both DVD and Blue-Ray) sale now till i believe the end of November. The sale is good both online and at the store

I was going to put my free time for this week towards playing TF2...

Mass Effect 2 has thrown that plan out the window...

Just saw the Wonder Woman DC animated, missed that one that came out a year or more ago, and while these new DC titles are all good, they need more that are in the middle of the story than introducing characters like Supergirl and Wonder Woman, most of the story is lost in the introduction and the depth is only towards the latter half.

i'm still waiting for them to get their arses into gear and realise that the Sinestro Corps War would be great for one of their animated movies. i'd like to see Infinite Crisis done, but given the amount of story content it might be unfeasible.