Codemasters' Formula One 2010

I don't brake hard and turn at the same time, I've got a piece of foam behind my brake to lessen the sensitivity of it. I've perfected my trail braking technique as well so it isn't that. I swear that it may be part of a rubber banding system because I was nearly 20 seconds in front of Vettel.

you spin when you brake hard and turn at the same time. remember this is a formula car, and not a road car. you lose all downforce, and hence grip when you slow down for slow 1st and 2nd gear corners. Best remedy to this is to just don't brake while turning. sometimes, you would feel the rear go light, just ease off on the brakes, but don't get on the throttle. let the weight transfer to the back again before doing so.

The only corner which i think has canned spins is catalunya's last chicane before the main straight. hate that track.

Nah man. You don't spin if you brake and turn. Otherwise tell me how you even do the Chinese 1st corner at a decent speed? Brake balance to the rear allows you to brake hard and the front wheels still dont lock up which means you can turn.
Go watch the on board videos on formula1.com if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Also one of the ways of catching spins in this game is exactly braking.
I just fired up rfactor and found myself attempting to use the brakes to stop massive oversteer.

Thank you so very much for that habit silly F1 2010 physics.
Sometimes it will "cancel" the spin and turn your nose back the way it was facing like magic, another hint towards them being scripted.

Last edited:
I am fucking done with this game, fucking third time corrupted pisses me the fuck off! All I have is a $60 Frisbee right now, fucking useless! No way in hell am I fucking restarting the career again so that it will fucking corrupt when I get to Malaysia again, WHAT THE FUCK!!!! They couldn't have delayed the game a little bit to fix these ridiculous problems? God!

PS3 patch is out but according to some people it didn't fix all the bugs the game has even though the majority was addressed. Xbox and PC launch-date is not known yet.

I am fucking done with this game, fucking third time corrupted pisses me the fuck off! All I have is a $60 Frisbee right now, fucking useless! No way in hell am I fucking restarting the career again so that it will fucking corrupt when I get to Malaysia again, WHAT THE FUCK!!!! They couldn't have delayed the game a little bit to fix these ridiculous problems? God!

Wait for the patch. You should be able to use your corrupted save.

I have it on PS3 and I think the update is great. The split timing as a lot better, but it disappears after 12 seconds if your more than that ahead. The changed AI yeilding is a lot better and I no longer get corrupt save files. My save got corrupted twice and it put me off the career, but now its patched its got me going again.

Nah man. You don't spin if you brake and turn. Otherwise tell me how you even do the Chinese 1st corner at a decent speed? Brake balance to the rear allows you to brake hard and the front wheels still dont lock up which means you can turn.
Go watch the on board videos on formula1.com if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Also one of the ways of catching spins in this game is exactly braking.

Sometimes it will "cancel" the spin and turn your nose back the way it was facing like magic, another hint towards them being scripted.

No one really knows how and F1 car drives, but I think the same theory applies to go karts. Try heavy braking in a straight line. Add a little steering input and the tail will come out.

Shanghai, I don't seem to have problems braking and turning in any corner there. I'm just careful not to touch the kerb coming out of turn 2 because that always leads to a spin.

F1 cars are completely opposite of karts, tinkering with brake bias allows for more trail braking, the last corner of Malaysia comes to mind where getting the right amount of braking and turning gives you a bunch of time.

Also, patch live in USA for PS3, it fixed my corrupted data so I'm happy.

Last edited:
No one really knows how and F1 car drives, but I think the same theory applies to go karts. Try heavy braking in a straight line. Add a little steering input and the tail will come out.

Shanghai, I don't seem to have problems braking and turning in any corner there. I'm just careful not to touch the kerb coming out of turn 2 because that always leads to a spin.

Go-karts? You mean the easy, everyone drives by paying 10 bucks?? Those have a live rear axle and 1 brake disk only man o_O
When you brake, 100% of your brake is on the rear and you almost always lock up. There's no comparison possible, go-karts are for fun and oversteering. Hope you're trolling

Go-karts? You mean the easy, everyone drives by paying 10 bucks?? Those have a live rear axle and 1 brake disk only man o_O
When you brake, 100% of your brake is on the rear and you almost always lock up. There's no comparison possible, go-karts are for fun and oversteering. Hope you're trolling

im sure he is referring to the racing go carts bro. the ones that people start racing in. those are NO joke.

Those are just called karts, "go karts" at least every time I've seen them discussed, sounds more like a fair attraction.
I don't think most people who are playing F1 2010 have gotten on competition karts anyway, but the fact still remains, F1s do a lot of turning under braking, and it's very easy to see this from on board laps with the "Throttle" and "brake" graph on it (any on board on formula1.com, for example)

Buckers, not breaking at all or trailbraking between turn-in and apex can make a lot of time, otherwise just tell me how you do turn one at China?

Gonna check the patch out tomorrow.

While you're right. Turn 1 at China is a very special corner. The only other corner I can really think of thats similar is at Malaysia. But these corners are tightening radius corners. Meaning, you must lose speed as you go through them to go faster. So naturally, F1 drivers will do that. Any standard corner, will have the braking done, well and truly before even half way to the apex. Just look at the Korea onboard. They are well on the power before the apex.

Turn 19 in Barhain?
It doesn't matter. The original discussion was if you'd spin if you brake and turn, and I think I've proven that's not necessarily the case, more like a badly coded game where spins happen for no reason at all sometimes.

I'm not.

im sure he is referring to the racing go carts bro. the ones that people start racing in. those are NO joke.

I was talking about competition karts. 100/125cc shifter karts. I only have a few hours of experience on them but yes, they are no joke especially the super karts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf3cJRkeEqE

Those are just called karts, "go karts" at least every time I've seen them discussed, sounds more like a fair attraction.
I don't think most people who are playing F1 2010 have gotten on competition karts anyway, but the fact still remains, F1s do a lot of turning under braking, and it's very easy to see this from on board laps with the "Throttle" and "brake" graph on it (any on board on formula1.com, for example)

They do braking while turning during mid to high speed corners. Not on the slow ones because the amount of steering angle you put + weight shifted forward while braking will give the car a big chance of spinning. The only thing I don't about the spins is that it is almost impossible to catch and correct especially since you have no force feedback that the tail is coming lose. However, I also do not have lightning speed reaction times that F1 drivers do, and maybe this is the case.

PATCH IS NOW OUT FOR x360!

The only thing I don't about the spins is that it is almost impossible to catch and correct especially since you have no force feedback that the tail is coming lose. However, I also do not have lightning speed reaction times that F1 drivers do, and maybe this is the case.

See that's the thing. Many spins can be caught by simply slamming the brake pedal. Which wouldnt make much of a difference in real life but here it points your nose right back to where you were heading (and I'm talking about those canned spins that happen for no reason, not the legitimate one where you go on the throttle way too hard, way too early).

The patch makes the game much better, though I wish it would show split times back further so you know if you have room to pit and come out in front or not.

But the pit stops, sooo much improved. You can actually pit with traffic and not lose 10 positions lol