The pop, soda, Coke, energy drink, carbonated beverage thread

008855.jpg

Got that one. It's clear and quite creamy. Too sweet I think. Maybe it's nicer if you dilute it with a little bit of sparkling water.

Last edited:
008855.jpg

Got that one. It's clear and quite creamy. Too sweet I think. Maybe it's nicer if you dilute it with a little bit of sparkling water.

Yeah, Cream Soda is another one that can very hugely. Typically around here it is similar to Root Beer but more creamy. I think it's supposed to simulate a Root Bear Float (Vanilla Ice Cream in Root Beer).

Last edited:
Awwwwww :(

And unfortunately Coke Blak isn't available in France anymore either. It was discontinued in 2008 globally IIRC.

Maybe I should start a petition to bring it back.

And I don't know when the one I posted expired, but this one expired in 2007.

But now I kinda want to try that Manhattan Special Espresso Soda.

Last edited:
Lot of root beer fans in here are there any birch beer fans.

What is birch beer? What's it taste like?

Birch Beer actually tastes quite a bit like Root Beer, if you like one you should like the other.

Hmm, I shall try it then if I come across it. But I've never seen birch beer anywhere, perhaps it's just an American thing?

I actually found some birch beer, and I didn't have to look very far either. I was grabbing some pulled pork for lunch and the BBQ place had a fridge of Boylan stuff including the birch beer.

So what birch beer actually is then, is root beer mixed with some wintergreen extract. :D

I liked it, but it's basically like root beer that someone dropped a bunch of Wint-O-Green mints into. I enjoyed the rather strong bite it had to it, but not with food. I think it would be much nicer by itself.

Perhaps, the Birch Beer I've had has been made with Birch bark. I know it's big on the east coast.

Apparently Winnipeg is the closest that I can get Curiosity Cola (and other fine Fentiman's drinks) and I really want to try it. Also, according to the internet, Winnipeg is 6-ish hours away.

If you are from Winnipeg and for some reason want to come to Saskatchewan, bring me some!

:lol: Funny joke. Funny joke.

What is this and where is it sold and if you really really want it I might possibly be willing to mail it to you out there in podunk country if you pay for it.

And, wait a second, those are the guys that Colbert featured in a segment on his show after their lemonade was banned somewhere in the states for selling 0.5% alcohol content to the childrens!

In my quest to try new drinks I had a can of Inca Kola with lunch today.

It was great, totally like bubblegum. It's a nice alternative to like cream soda or the Jones blue bubblegum crap which is way too sweet.

inca_kola_cans.jpg

I have fond memories of vomiting everywhere as a kid after I had tried my first 'bubblegum' soda. :p

I have fond memories of vomiting everywhere as a kid after I had tried my first 'bubblegum' soda. :p

They aren't my cup of tea either, but that stuff isn't exactly bubblegum flavoured. It just so happens that whatever they flavour it with tastes not entirely dissimilar to bubblegum.

Edit: Apparently it's lemon verbena-flavoured. :dunno:

:lol: Funny joke. Funny joke.

What is this and where is it sold and if you really really want it I might possibly be willing to mail it to you out there in podunk country if you pay for it.

And, wait a second, those are the guys that Colbert featured in a segment on his show after their lemonade was banned somewhere in the states for selling 0.5% alcohol content to the childrens!

It's apparently at a place called "ORGANZA MARKET", though I imagine shipping would be expensive so I don't know if I want to pay for it. But you can't resist our flat, flat allure for long.

Anyone know where I can still get Five Alive?

I've seen it fairly recently as a frozen juice concentrate.

I rarely drink any soda, but when I do it's usually a bottle of regular Mountain Dew that I treat myself to. Thank goodness it's becoming more easily available in Germany!

It sucks that now that I'm in the US the Throwback stuff is no longer being sold. Figures, I was so desperate to try some last year. :p

Er...I just bought some last night at Lucky.