Stupid Driver Stories

I just slam on the brakes. I still got it? Tough.

I suppose I don't have to explain what was done wrong here:

That is actually how people usually change lanes in my state, leaving about that much room :lol:

That is actually how people usually change lanes in my state, leaving about that much room :lol:

:nod:

Today I was tailgated by a truck for a while. Not a pickup, and 18 wheeler. He then proceeded to undertake me and cut me off. The fast lane opened up so I was able to put some distance between us, but sure enough he proceeded to tailgate the next guy. Honestly, when your truck weighs 11 million tons, you are just asking to kill someone by doing that. I respect that it is very difficult to drive such a machine but that makes it that much worse when you do it blatantly wrong.

Today I was tailgated by a truck for a while. Not a pickup, and 18 wheeler. He then proceeded to undertake me and cut me off. The fast lane opened up so I was able to put some distance between us, but sure enough he proceeded to tailgate the next guy. Honestly, when your truck weighs 11 million tons, you are just asking to kill someone by doing that. I respect that it is very difficult to drive such a machine but that makes it that much worse when you do it blatantly wrong.

Yeah it's bad enough most people are leaving 2 car lengths at 80 in their 3000 lb or so cars, but unless the truck is tailgating another truck, if the person in front of them slams on the brakes they are not stopping as fast.

You didn't flip him off after the honk?

No the problem was he didn't force him to crash into the guardrail.
Happened to me once in NJ, in rain. One of the scariest things ever. The Douchebag driver started merging as soon as his CAB was clear of my front bumper. Of course there were 20 feet of the FUCKING TRAILER.
Yeah it's bad enough most people are leaving 2 car lengths at 80 in their 3000 lb or so cars, but unless the truck is tailgating another truck, if the person in front of them slams on the brakes they are not stopping as fast.
2 car lengths is RETARDED amount of room.

Last edited:
From my experience, people from countries with a general speed limit (read: everyone except Germans) leave less room when changing lanes, because they don't expect the car behind them to be faster.

Well we technically have a speed limit, but I passed a speed trap at 20 over today so IDK if we count in that respect :lol:
Germany just seems to have properly enforced polite traffic laws

Cops seem to care more about keeping with the flow of traffic here as well as people speeding and driving like they can't stay in one lane for more than one second while speeding.

And I love them for it :D
Police of MA, I salute you. You make driving happy.

From my experience, people from countries with a general speed limit (read: everyone except Germans) leave less room when changing lanes, because they don't expect the car behind them to be faster.

Was overtaken @120 by two drivers (one taxi) that left about 20 centimeters of room today before turning back which I think is a tad too little. I do not like turning in infront of another car without a decent amount of room (spray), but I'm open to jumping on another car that's overtaking the same object I want to overtake, instead of running into the object infront. Turn off cruise you say? Can't be bothered.

Maybe its because something that weighs that much has its own gravity?

I was half expecting him to do it, so I wasn't entirely surprised.

yup, got that even from the video... you sort of notice after a while when people hover inbetween lanes that they will do stupid shit like that
no excuse though, and I would have leaned on the horn for far longer than that....

yup, got that even from the video... you sort of notice after a while when people hover inbetween lanes that they will do stupid shit like that
no excuse though, and I would have leaned on the horn for far longer than that....

The video goes on a little longer and I got to overtake the jerk, naturally. But as I looked at him, there was neither a sign of angriness for the honking on his face (which is normal these days, no matter how stupid they behaved), no rude gestures and no apologizing smile either -- just a stupid, blank stare.

So all I could really do, was shaking my head and drive on.

Oh, and he had a beard, so there is a possibility he was doing it on purpose, because I was in a BMW... :D

Last edited:
Today was apparently drive like an asshole day because I got cut off four times, had big trucks tailgating me both to school and back home and I was doing 5 over, and had some idiot in a big moving truck decide that he needed both lanes of a very narrow street going around a moderately tight corner nearly slamming into me which probably would have resulted in me being rushed to the hospital because of how fast he was going. That last one I don't know how I avoided a collision but I am still shaken from it; that happened a half hour ago. A final "oh shit" moment which didn't include another car but a big ass rock in the middle of the road, that frightened me because it was big, about the size of a pomegranate and very jagged, who ever put that there is an absolute asshole because that will fuck a car up.

So I have a knack for going to places at the wrong time, and I always end up having a story

I'm in a parking lot leaving (at a Walmart btw), and this bitch in a gold Infiniti G35 Sedan wants to go in a parking spot, and I'm on the other side going to pass her since she wasn't moving, and then I go first, then she tries to speed into the parking lot while I'm like in front of the spot, but she still goes, I lay down the horn, and she gives me her bitchy attitude as I back up to let her go in and she's still yelling at me thru her car while I'm freakin yelling at her, and then I give her the middle finger, then I leave. My girlfriend in the passenger seat was scared stiff which was really funny cuz I've never gotten so angry before.

Second time the same day, one hour later

There was a douche bag in a silver Nissan Maxima, and he was coming out of this side street at like 60 and he has a stop sign, he barely looked and speeds halfway out the street with me blaring on the horn and then he finally realizes that I was right there like a foot away from his car.

This other experience, like 4 days later at another parking lot

I was driving at like 30 maybe into the parking lot, going straight and out of nowhere a Honda Civic doesn't see me, since the bitch was on her cell phone talking, and she was almost out until I honked the horn, and me pressing on the brakes of my car. She sees me and stops and I keep going then she honks her horn with the most surprised face ever lol, it was a stupid encounter but it was a funny one

I went to IKEA yesterday, at peak time, and it is a hot-spot for bad drivers. They just want to get in there as quickly as possible so they can pick up some 50c tea light holders and then go and stand in a queue for an hour. So, in the carpark, the spaces are very scarce and there is the situation that you wait for someone to leave and take their spot immediately.

There is a correct procedure in doing this, allowing room for the person to leave and quickly move into the space without obstructing everyone else. Not, beige Camry driver, stopping right in the middle of the road, in a position where nobody can go around and the people cannot get out, then trying to reverse back when there is a queue consisting of the whole of Sydney behind you waiting for you to make your move, then taking 4 goes to actually get your stupid beige turd into a space that the people with the Discovery had no problem parking in. Those horns you're hearing? Yeah, they're directed at you.

Imagine how many tea light holders I could have bought while you were faffing around.