Concept: 2011 Ford Focus ST Concept

so it certainly looks fishy, but i don't really have a problem with it. one thing i do have a problem with is the positioning of the shifter. looks precarious....

i like the e-brake placement, begs for handbrake turns ;D and is it just me or do those seats loooook reaaaaaallly heavy for some reason? lulz

Last edited:
The center stack makes me feel as if looking at the cheesy $50 boombox section @ Best Buy but other than that it looks pretty darn sweet inside and especially out.

Yep, its a sad statement that the worst of europe still looks better than most of america

Except the Focus we get here and therefore the one Cold_Fussion is talking about is the European one. And I admit the interior is not that cars strong point these days.

As awful as the interior is, it's still a lot better than the current focus.

Yep, its a sad statement that the worst of europe still looks better than most of america

Except the Focus we get here and therefore the one Cold_Fussion is talking about is the European one. And I admit the interior is not that cars strong point these days.

Looks (and probably feels) leagues better than this:

2009-Ford-Focus-SES-coupe-interior.jpg

Ironically I think the 2005-2007 interior looked better:

HPIM2614.jpg

I like it. It is a bit overstyled but it's far better than what we get now.
Then again I am biased towards forced-induction cars.

The new interior looks like a man's washbag.

Like it should.

I would buy it.

Eewww..... brown? Seriously?

I <3 beige/tan interiors.

Gray screams "im cheap" even in leather. All black feels like the inside of a coal bin...no thanks.

Beige, or a two tone (black upper, beige lower) interiors look fantastic. :)

I'm not saying the current ST's interior looks bad. The orange is a nice contrast.

It's the "I'm a carp" front end that I'm not fond of

Last edited:
I <3 beige/tan interiors.

Gray screams "im cheap" even in leather. All black feels like the inside of a coal bin...no thanks.

Beige, or a two tone (black upper, beige lower) interiors look fantastic. :)

It's the "I'm a carp" front end that I'm not fond of
To me, beige or brown interiors just scream pensioner. If the grey is screaming "I'm cheap", it probably is. Making the same cheap plastic brown just makes the car look like an '80s throwback. Brown/beige interiors are very uncommon here now. Even the perpetually beige Camry has moved away from them. Beige seats and uphoulstery are acceptable in some cases, but rarely dashboards and other plastics work in that colour.

The last car I experienced with a brown interior was my aunts old mid-80s Toyota Corolla, and I'm glad it's been that long.

To me, beige or brown interiors just scream pensioner. If the grey is screaming "I'm cheap", it probably is. Making the same cheap plastic brown just makes the car look like an '80s throwback. Brown/beige interiors are very uncommon here now. Even the perpetually beige Camry has moved away from them. Beige seats and uphoulstery are acceptable in some cases, but rarely dashboards and other plastics work in that colour.

^
^
^

What he said.

I guess I'm the only person who thinks that the interior of the 2008-2011 US-market Focus doesn't look bad at all. I don't know how it feels (I suspect very cheap), but as to design, I think it's modern without being overstyled.

Ford-Focus_2008_photo_14.jpg