Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

So I decided to buy some DLCs from the PSN Store today. I got to the point where I have to enter all my credit/debit card info, so I did. The system then cheerfully told me that "This is not a valid card. Please check your information carefully." So I did. Retyped my name, card number, security code, and billing address. It gave me the same error. I tried again, more slowly, and again same error. I looked around online and it said that the PS Store has problems with 2 line addresses, and to try to condense my whole address into one line. I did that, and still nothing. By now, I've tried 5 different combinations of my address, so I decided to log into my card's online manager to see how it actually is formatted (I've been buying stuff to this billing address for 3 years, but who knows what could've happened). As soon as I log in, the first thing I noticed was 5 $1 charges from "PLAYSTATION NETWORK 877-971-7669 CAUS" with no other details. Looking around the internet, I discovered that PSN charges your account $1 if you commit to buy something and then not buy it.

I want to know how they can tell me that the info I entered for my card is invalid if these charges are going through??!?!

Has anyone else run into this problem on PSN?

Also, everytime I try to go to the Account Settings page on the PSN website, it gives me 'page not found' error. Overall the PSN website is very poorly built.

Last edited:
What the hell! Now it increased to 7 $1 charges. I haven't even been on PSN/tried to repurchase anything since I noticed the original 5.

EDIT: Just read through the almost the entire PSN Terms of Serivce Agreement.

If you do not have sufficient funds in your wallet to make a purchase and you have previously entered your credit card information, we may automatically charge your credit card a minimum amount determined by SCEA ("Minimum Fee) to make the purchases, even if the Minimum Fee exceeds the cost of your purchase. Any difference between the Minimum Fee and the cost of the purchase will be credited to your wallet. Additional procedures apple to subscription purchases. Please read Section 10 ("SUBSCRIPTIONS") of this Agreement for details. Purchases of access to content or services are not refundable.

That is the only part of the ToS that has anything to do with fees, and it does not apply to my situation.

I've already contacted my card company and told them that all these PlayStation Network transactions were unauthorized so hopefully this all can be resolved quickly.

EDIT2: I managed to get into my Account Settings page on the PSN website (had to go in through IE. FF still gives me a 'page not found' even through I'm on the page with IE at the same time. I tried to just add my card that way (without making a purchase/agreeing to any purchase) and it still gives me 'invalid card info'.

I'm done dealing with this until I speak to someone at SCEA/PS/PSN.

Also, before anyone asks, yes this is a valid card. I used it to buy lunch on campus today. And yes, it has sufficient funds on it.

Last edited:
^You should get in contact with your bank too!

A few weeks ago there was a problem with the credit card system over here. The system kept charging for the same purchase over and over again for some people.

Last edited:
One more reason not to like Sony. It is amazing to me how they went from the king of consumer electronics in the 80s to what they are now. Kind of like Toyota in many ways(they are still on the way down).

Have you tried contacting PSN? I've had issues on Steam before where it wouldn't accept my credit card (although they never made any bogus $1 charges), and a quick email to their support sorted everything out very quickly. Companies tend to be very good on customer support when it means helping you pay them money. ;)

So I watched a new Simpson's episode yesterday. Wow it is still crap. The show hasn't been good for nearly a decade, why do people still watch it?

So I watched a new Simpson's episode yesterday. Wow it is still crap. The show hasn't been good for nearly a decade, why do people still watch it?

its been going so long now that a lot of people have a lot of emotional attachment to the series and some people find it funny. in much the same way some people see the X Factor as being quality television and entertainment.

Poo on NBC for canning The Undercovers. Well, alright, it wasn't actually that good I'll admit... I will mostly just miss seeing Gugu Mbatha-Raw on TV:

undercovers-season-5.jpg

0230738255085.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/11/08/51zXnMdty4L.jpg

Just saw this, another origin release from DC, they had better be amounting to something or this is just a waste of time, at least this one wasn't a full hour. Also, i much prefer Marvel's Captain Marvel to the DC one, this guy always looked like a frilly nancy boy compared to the more hardcore look of Mar-Vell throughout his various looks.

Good news: Archer Series 1 WILL be released in region 2!
Bad news: Not until April :(

I just noticed that a girl in all my MechE classes looks exactly like Ramona Flowers (minus the hair color).

Blew my mind.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/11/08/51zXnMdty4L.jpg

Just saw this, another origin release from DC, they had better be amounting to something or this is just a waste of time, at least this one wasn't a full hour. Also, i much prefer Marvel's Captain Marvel to the DC one, this guy always looked like a frilly nancy boy compared to the more hardcore look of Mar-Vell throughout his various looks.

I have to disagree. Last week I also got a chance to view the short and I found it quite good. DC Captain Marvel has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. The only improvement I can think of is that we need a Superman vs Captain Marvel short.

http://img100.imageshack.**/img100/6673/13343744321.jpg

The Hard Times of RJ Berger is fucking HILARIOUS.... Not as awesome as oldschool Undressed but still fucking HILARIOUS... I think this is the first time i have enjoyed MTV since... well since Undressed

Darkwing Duck: Good times.

Here's a quote from the Negaduck episode:

Good Darkwing: "Oh goodie! I love company!"
Negaduck: "I'll handle them. Where's my shotgun!?"

Man, makes me wish cartoons were still good today.

So. New Michael Jackson. Real or fake? I'm actually going on fake, partially because I don't think the real MJ would constantly refer to himself in the third person in his own song, partially because the vocals sound very off.

I'm about 17 minutes into Repo! A Genetic Rock Opera.

Honestly, I didn't expect it to be this awesome. Then again Paris Hilton hasn't shown up yet.
But neither has Sarah Brightman.

I have to disagree. Last week I also got a chance to view the short and I found it quite good. DC Captain Marvel has always been one of my favorite comic book characters. The only improvement I can think of is that we need a Superman vs Captain Marvel short.

http://img100.imageshack.**/img100/6673/13343744321.jpg

actually i'd love to see a animated feature of the 'Kingdom Come' storyline as well. although i don't think the animated feature would truly capture Alex Ross' superior painting and artwork.

The E4 show "Misfits" is back for season 2 \o/.