Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
That new boy actually is speaking in Morse code!

The Panamera/Merc episode was very good, Vicki's and Johny's ones were nice too, however I still have no idea why the hell do they need to expose Ben Collins in such bad light? He seems to fail his mission almost every time but they almost make pun of him. I also wonder how much nicer would the show be if they put another feature instead of those two competition/poll ads.

The Panamera/Merc episode was very good, Vicki's and Johny's ones were nice too, however I still have no idea why the hell do they need to expose Ben Collins in such bad light? He seems to fail his mission almost every time but they almost make pun of him. I also wonder how much nicer would the show be if they put another feature instead of those two competition/poll ads.

Yeah, I did think they were rather harsh on him. I mean he only placed 2nd on his first day driving those things...

Rather nice. I enjoyed the shootout very much, and Vicki and Jonny's segments were nice to watch as well. The series so far has been interesting. Tough luck on Stig's Ben's race at the end. 8/10

It's not as good as last week's, but it's alright.

I think Vicki and Johnny's parts were good too and could've been longer. The panamera and merc part was good also. Ben Collns racing segment didn't work. It reminded me of Johnny's edurance run which I didn't think worked either. The naration isn't conveying the... I don't know... gravitas(?) of the event. They should watch Top Gear's endurance race episode in the diesel BMW and take notes.

They should make Johnny's discussing second hand bargains a weekly thing. I like it!

Tiff wanting to win so badly he slid off in the panamera made me laugh too.

Good episode.

Merc and Panamera was somewhat interesting but it was too track day oriented review IMO. I like that they try to push the cars to see what they really can do but I feel like they forget to balance that with a bit more realistic automotive journalism and take into account how they will be driven and by whom. On the other hand, If they do make it more track oriented, I find it confusing how they use different tracks and sometimes some really crazy methods. I like the shootouts where they show where on the track one car gains or loses the advantage and explain it, we see the time difference... And Its not necessary to always think of new goofy tests to test the cars (some are quite pointless). Perhaps use more standard tests sometimes(slalom and comfort tests). This is not Top Gear and I think it should not try to be.

Johnny's segment was also interesting but sometimes I feel like he oversimplifies things a bit.

Collins and those dirt buggies I just skipped... It might be loud and fast but I found it extremely boring. Driving in a circle? wake me up when its over.

Last edited:
The Merc/Porsche segment was good. One of the few times guests on FG actually added something to the film. Must say I love Jonny's segments and everything he said about the s2k is pretty much dead on. Could care less about Ben Collins and didn't even finish watching that stupid mud race.

Could do better. 6/10.

Went with a seven instead of the usual eight because I agree the Ben Collin's segments are wastes of time, just as the "cocking about" segments in the last series were. I believe the 30 minute slot works better for them, but they need to manage that time better and drop the "fluff" and use the time to fill out the other segments.