The "Things that annoy me" thread

Be glad you don't live here. Craftsmen start working at 7:30 am here.

Here they start at 7:00 :p Altho when I once worked at a company with electricians as a placement they spent the first 30min drinking coffee.

Things that annoy me: Norway.

There are a number of things annoying me of late:

Time; yappy little dogs; parents who enable children to keep being bratty in public places just to shut them up; distance; insomnia; people who just DON'T GET IT; those seemingly aiming for mediocrity (?!); food ordered specifically withOUT sour cream, yet amazingly still appearing with sour cream in it; whiners (it's NOT becoming)...um...yeah, that's it right now.

GRRR.

Annoyed Sunday. ;)

Oh well, it's a nice comeuppance when you're able to set them straight and they realize they came off as an ass.
They may realise it, but loads of people are far too stubborn and/or arrogant to admit they were wrong and will start insulting you instead of admitting their mistake. Alternatively, people on internet forums will start digging up ancient posts of yours, take some out-of-context quotes and "expose" you as something they hate with those quotes. When you correct them, you're back to square one.

those seemingly aiming for mediocrity (?!)

Mediocrity is what most people have, by definition... I don't see anything wrong with aiming low and then be positively surprised when you reach higher than expected, rather than aiming really high and then be super depressed when you don't get there.

In any case

I hate console ported video games telling me not to shut down my system while the autosave feature is on. Who the fuck shuts their computer down in the middle of a game?! Even if you hit the power button, it will go through a normal shut down sequence, detect the game is not responding and wait. Then poorly made menus obviously programmed to be navigated with a stupid console controller instead of an accurate mouse which is what I have.
</nerd rant>

Mediocrity is what most people have, by definition... I don't see anything wrong with aiming low and then be positively surprised when you reach higher than expected, rather than aiming really high and then be super depressed when you don't get there.

To each, his own, then...in a big, big way, seems.

Never appropriate to aim low, PERIOD. So what if one fails? At least you fucking showed up and played the game!

Addition to today's list: Silly mpicco, mayhap...? *shrug*

Last edited:
Things that annoy me? This.

The beleaguered live action Akira movie may have found its leading man in Zac Efron.

Remakes of cult classics tend to inspire equal amounts of delight and dread, with the balance shifting one way of the other depending on how things progress. Casting choices are often especially good at tipping the scales, and the rumors of who has been offered the lead role in the live-action Akira movies is certain to be divisive.

Sources suggest that Zac Efron has been offered the part of Shotaro Kaneda, the teenaged leader of a Japanese motorcycle gang who is drawn into a word of intrigue and secrets when his best friend Tetsuo is discovered to possess immense and nigh-uncontrollable psychic powers. The character will presumably be renamed to something more Western sounding, along with pretty much everything else in the movie. In fact, one draft of the script scrapped the Neo-Tokyo setting of the original in favor of "New Manhattan." The screenwriter has changed since them, but it would make sense if the movie was set in the US.

It's impossible to say whether Efron would be any good in the role, partially because Akira would be unlike anything he's done before, but mainly because we don't know what the part will actually be. The two movies are supposedly based on the original Akira manga, rather than the 1988 anime, but Warner Bros. is said to be aiming for a PG-13 rating, which may mean a lot of content gets cut or otherwise altered. Ultimately, with so little information, any speculation comes with a pretty significant margin of error.

http://www.reappropriate.com/2010/11/06/the-white-washing-of-akira/

Never appropriate to aim low, PERIOD. So what if one fails? At least you fucking showed up and played the game!

Sorry, had to.

This commercial. More specifically, the song. Dear GOD, the song. It gets in your head. AND. IT. WON'T. GET. OUT.

RAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
What's a snuggie? After the warning about the song, I'll definitely not watch the ad! :lol: I'd like the info in Finalgear-compatible terms, please. ;-)

it is a backwards bathrobe.

In any case

I hate console ported video games telling me not to shut down my system while the autosave feature is on. Who the fuck shuts their computer down in the middle of a game?! Even if you hit the power button, it will go through a normal shut down sequence, detect the game is not responding and wait. Then poorly made menus obviously programmed to be navigated with a stupid console controller instead of an accurate mouse which is what I have.
</nerd rant>

What do you expect, seriously? How many game makers would spend money to make a custom menu for PC versions of their game? Most menus can still be navigated easily with the arrow keys.

In trying to find parking at the parking structure today and pretty much every day at work, I always run into one of those moments where I see a prospective spot and it's occupied by a yellow fucking smug ass smart.

Like dude, it's already hard enough to find a spot in that garage (which is the closest to my work building), and it's just aggravating every day to see a smart, sitting there, smiling it's ass off about how smart it and the owner is supposedly.

GRR.

In trying to find parking at the parking structure today and pretty much every day at work, I always run into one of those moments where I see a prospective spot and it's occupied by a yellow fucking smug ass smart.

Like dude, it's already hard enough to find a spot in that garage (which is the closest to my work building), and it's just aggravating every day to see a smart, sitting there, smiling it's ass off about how smart it and the owner is supposedly.

GRR.

if it's any comfort to you, i always feel kind of guilty if i end up parking in a normal sized space... i actually try to use the ones too small for other cars (yes, we have a few of those in parking-structures - where the rest is blocked off by ventilation or whatever).

if it's any comfort to you, i always feel kind of guilty if i end up parking in a normal sized space... i actually try to use the ones too small for other cars (yes, we have a few of those in parking-structures - where the rest is blocked off by ventilation or whatever).

I'm glad you said that, but I would think it's just common courtesy to park a little bit towards the back, not too far as to risk getting rear-ended, but just enough so your car is visible. I mean even I have a small toyota, so I tend to do that so people don't get annoyed with me. Plus it makes backing up hella easier.

What do you expect, seriously? How many game makers would spend money to make a custom menu for PC versions of their game? Most menus can still be navigated easily with the arrow keys.

Dude it takes half a day for a good programmer to adapt a menu like that. It's really, really not justified. Specially with games such as Need for Speed Shift, which was totally unplayable for many PC gamers till a patch came out cos of graphic issues. That game has like 3 or 4 enters before you even get to the main screen! One to accept you know about the auto save feature, another to choose your language (every single fucking time it starts, like I suddenly feel like playing it in french), one to accept the thing has "Loaded" only to then choose your profile... and then it shows another screen telling you the profile was loaded.

Sometimes I wonder if games are beta tested at all. Lately there have been such poor efforts, honestly.

I understand what you're complaining about, but not everyone can be an awesome winner. If everyone was super awesome, then "Super awesome" would be the new mediocre. That's just what the word means.... the average state of beings.

Last edited:
I understand what you're complaining about, but not everyone can be an awesome winner. If everyone was super awesome, then "Super awesome" would be the new mediocre. That's just what the word means.... the average state of beings.

Dude, never argue mathematics on the internet. 95% of the time it fails all the time.

Reactions: Jay
^You've just been quoted in my sig good sir.