2010 Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix

Vettel needs
- 1st and Alonso 6th, Webber 3rd
I believe Vettel needs to win and Alonso to finish 5th or worse, Webber doesn't matter.
That way Vettel, Webber and Alonso would have 256 Points each with Vettel winning the WDC by having more 4th finishes :lol:

Thanks for the ruined race Hulk. Would have been a much better battle without you.

Agreed. He was just a fluke and didn't end up doing anything...

What did you expect?! He showed a good bit of skill in managing to get his slicks working much better than everyone else yesterday, which is what got him the pole. But he's still in a Williams... there's only so much you can do with an inferior car in a dry race.

Thanks for the ruined race Hulk. Would have been a much better battle without you.

true, but i think he'll get a friendly "thank you"-pad on the back by vettel.
thanks to hulkenberg holding up alonso and hamilton, vettel could just cruise to the finish without being threatened once

i wonder if he would've fought for his position as hard as he did, if the leader wasn't a fellow german...

i wonder if he would've fought for his position as hard as he did, if the leader wasn't a fellow german...
Of course, because all the Germans on the grid secretly drive only for their country, and not for their team or themselves. :rolleyes:

While not a classic race, it did have some good overtaking & excitement and got the job done for the constructor?s title.

So, well done to Red Bull for winning their first championship. :cheers:

(The Safety Car made a bit of a mess of the midfield races, though.)

true, but i think he'll get a friendly "thank you"-pad on the back by vettel.
thanks to hulkenberg holding up alonso and hamilton, vettel could just cruise to the finish without being threatened once

Webber had no problem getting past.

That was surprisingly boring for Interlagos imho, but when a track suits a particular car and vice versa, well, what do you expect?

I really think Alonso will win the WDC (short of crashing out or engine going booom!) but I really won't know what to think of it. I really really admire his undoubted talent, his speed, his racecraft, but the the whole team orders thing will always be a dampener on his 3rd Title for me. I also hope Webbo doesn't retire after getting so so so close if the desired result doesn't occur in Abu Dhabi. If he's still at Red Bull next year, I think he should have just one more crack at it (provided next year's car is anywhere near as good of as this year's). Vettel be damned! (Though I will admit, that was one mature drive from him, keep that up and keep the childish stuff and stupid mistakes to a minimum and I may just start supporting him again).

Christ, there's so many ifs and buts in all of this! :confused: :blink:

OH SHIT!

I forgot there was a Grand Prix on today!

Boring race. Liked seeing Hamilton passed by Alonso, that was the highlight and nothing more. Webber didn't threat Vettel once. Maybe they agreed not to fight before the race in case of a 1-2 and take it to the last race.
Since it rains in the UAE unless Jupiter lines up with Mars, I'll have to praise the heavenly racing lords for some action in an otherwise predictable parade-prix which will be decided in qualifying.

Oh yeah and congrats to Stewart Jaguar Red Bull Racing for their first constructor's title.

Boring race. Liked seeing Hamilton passed by Alonso, that was the highlight and nothing more. Webber didn't threat Vettel once. Maybe they agreed not to fight before the race in case of a 1-2 and take it to the last race.
Since it rains in the UAE unless Jupiter lines up with Mars, I'll have to praise the heavenly racing lords for some action in an otherwise predictable parade-prix which will be decided in qualifying.

Oh yeah and congrats to Stewart Jaguar Red Bull Racing for their first constructor's title.

LOL at Jackie Stewart's tartan trousers, as seen in the RB garage before the race. :lol:

Of course, because his own WDC points and the points for his team mean nothing to him, it's all just about him singing "Deutschland Ueber Alles" on top of his lungs over team radio.

Speaking of "Deutschland Ueber Alles", has any of my fellow German coverage sufferers had the feeling that every other presenter was irritated, if not embarrassed by Heiko Wa?ers constant blathering about under which hypothetical circumstances we could still see a german World Champion, too?
Danner more than once said things like "I'll just keep my mind focused on today's business" and tried to say something about actual events of the race instead of chiming into Wa?ers Sieg Heil-monologues and i think Lauda and K?nig opened their post-race coverage with a similar remark.

I literally lost my voice yesterday from yelling at Wa?er so much during the Grand Prix. Someone who routinely ignores overtakes for positions in the points shown on screen to just continue blathering on and on about Vettel's title chances (or informing us about Sutil's and Glock's unchanged off-screen positions at the back of the pack) should get fired from his job.

Last edited:
I have SKY for this very purpose. :yes:

One more thing about this apart from the obvious point of "the longer you stay in 4th, the later the guy in 6th, who also has a faster car, can have a shot at you": The Hulk is not only competing for points, but also for his seat. He does that on two fronts: Not only proving to his team that he's worth keeping, but also reeling in sponsorship so the team can afford to keep him.
Which means that the more TV exposure he gets, the better his bargaining position with potential sponsors is. And few things will give you guaranteed TV time like battling one of the Championship contenders.

:nod: guess why I don't even try surviving through one RTL broadcast :lol:

I have SKY for this very purpose. :yes:

I hope the rumors of the BBC iPlayer (and streams) going global prove to be true.

Last edited:
I hope the rumors of the BBC iPlayer (and streams) going global prove to be true.

It will probably be going global for BBC productions, but F1? No way. Just look at the fact that the Senna film on TG had to be cut from the episode after just two airings. Any mention of worldwide F1 streaming via iPlayer will make Bernie's head explode with more force than all thermonuclear bombs which have ever blown up.

Which I find really stupid. Sponsors would pay teams so much more if F1 was free for everyone to watch. I have to endure the portuguese sport pay per view channel which shamelessly cuts into ads every 20 minutes or so. Admittedly, they're 1 minute long, but it's not rare to hear "So we are back and everything important happened during the break!"

Of course, because all the Germans on the grid secretly drive only for their country, and not for their team or themselves. :rolleyes:

Wa?er seems to think so. Nothing stopping him from using the words ''Deutshce'' and ''Deutschlan'' every other goddamn second. Seriously, we have new presenters on our national tv, and they kinda suck. But do pay attention to the on going stuff. Unfortunately, there is a lot of commercials, so I switch to RTL during those.
Immediately, I get the urge to take a blow torch and burn my ears off. No idea why.

Wa?er seems to think so. Nothing stopping him from using the words ''Deutshce'' and ''Deutschlan'' every other goddamn second. Seriously, we have new presenters on our national tv, and they kinda suck. But do pay attention to the on going stuff. Unfortunately, there is a lot of commercials, so I switch to RTL during those.
Immediately, I get the urge to take a blow torch and burn my ears off. No idea why.
Oh I have a very good idea why: the RTL F1 coverage sucks big hairy donkey balls. As if their constant babbling about everything unimportant wouldn't be off-putting enough, they are so overly patriotic that it hurts.

They actually are partly responsible for my dislike of Michael Schumacher. They rubbed him in my face so persistently in every single second of their airtime that I just learned to hate them for it, and him in the process. RTL drove me into paying 20 Euros a month for SKY pay-tv just to watch their (excellent) F1 coverage.

Last edited: