Kill It With Fire (Automotive Edition) Thread

Porsche924_trequarti.jpg

2000_toyota_prius_100001083_m.jpg

Dodge-Neon_RT_1998_1280x960_wallpaper_02.jpg

3rd-Ford-Taurus-rear.jpg

Here are the ones that I think deserve the fire pit

images

1995-2001-Geo-Chevrolet-Metro-95125011990103.jpg

Saw one of these little Metros like overheat on the hwy, it was quite funny lol, and I love how the Tiburon's body is basically plastic

You know, someone will need an Image of a silver C6 one day, and he/she wont be able to find it.

boticario-1.jpg

Everyone knows I will take a sedan over a hatchcrap anyday but this......this just looks beyond awfull, you know how most of the sedan version of European hatches look like afterthoughts, like they just glued on a rearend?
With this it looks like they glued on a rearend of a much bigger, compleetly different car!

This problem mostly sits with Renaults...streched Clios and Meganes really do deserve to sizzle.

And do please keep your opinions about hatchbacks to yourself if they aren't constructive or make sense...not everyone need giant slabs metal to get around.

boticario-1.jpg

Everyone knows I will take a sedan over a hatchcrap anyday but this......this just looks beyond awfull, you know how most of the sedan version of European hatches look like afterthoughts, like they just glued on a rearend?
With this it looks like they glued on a rearend of a much bigger, compleetly different car!

Renault Designer 1: Hey Lucien, we need un sedan as well by tomorrow.
Renault Designer 2: But I want to go out and eat croissants and cheese and surrender in a fight!
Renault Designer 1: Glue this chest of drawers to the back of it.
Renault Designer 2: Magnifique!

the image was supposed to be a Dodge Neon R/T from 96 lol but I guess netcarshow changed it

What do you have against Neons?
DONE9599.jpg

They are like the crappiest cars you can drive today. I had the chance to drive my friends 96 Neon and everything feels like crap, the acceleration, the handling, etc. Then there's the build quality thats just not great, I can literally press my finger against the door panel, and I can make an indent.

It's perfect for a first car, it's crap yes, but it's crap and cheap. The aftermarket performance sector is huge, if I didn't get my Jetta I'd want a Neon, it's today's Mini in that it is the ideal first car for anyone. It makes no attempt at being sporty or fast, it sit there being inexpensive and promises to forgive you for clipping that curb or swiping that sign or nearly taking the wing mirror off, it's a soldier car, it gets shot it gets back up and carries on, doesn't complain.

Last edited:
DONE9599.jpg

They are like the crappiest cars you can drive today. I had the chance to drive my friends 96 Neon and everything feels like crap, the acceleration, the handling, etc. Then there's the build quality thats just not great, I can literally press my finger against the door panel, and I can make an indent.

I knew the build quality wasn't good, but everyone praised the Neon for its ride and handling. When the Focus came along though, it raised the bar for American brand compact car refinement here, something the Neon never could have...

Sorry, but the Neon was never a good car - not even for a first-time driver. A first-time driver needs something that is underpowered (check), safe (driver's front ***, passenger side **), and reliable (known problems include: ABS brakes, A/C, electrical faults that drain the battery, abnormally fast brake wear, icing on the blower motor, faulty valve springs, and power steering problems in cold weather).

I've heard from owners of the Neon SRT-4 that the motors tend to be good for about 50,000-60,000 miles before needing a major overhaul (or more commonly a new motor).

The styling is horrible, the build quality could be surpassed by an untrained tribe of Amazon pygmies, the road noise is deafening, the ride is punishing and the seats could double as torture devices at Guantanamo.

Sorry, but the Neon was never a good car - not even for a first-time driver. A first-time driver needs something that is underpowered (check), safe (driver's front ***, passenger side **), and reliable (known problems include: ABS brakes, A/C, electrical faults that drain the battery, abnormally fast brake wear, icing on the blower motor, faulty valve springs, and power steering problems in cold weather).

I've heard from owners of the Neon SRT-4 that the motors tend to be good for about 50,000-60,000 miles before needing a major overhaul (or more commonly a new motor).

The styling is horrible, the build quality could be surpassed by an untrained tribe of Amazon pygmies, the road noise is deafening, the ride is punishing and the seats could double as torture devices at Guantanamo.

Yeah, I'd never recommend one for a first time driver, I always read in the paper about accidents where "the car that caught fire was a neon....." XD Anecdotal, sure? But why take the chance right? :p

With you right up until the styling, which I find actually quite good, especially considering that it's main competition in the crap sweepstakes was so much worse (Cavalier/Sunfire). It has a sense of humor about it, it's well proportioned, and the one with the bigger engine has an asymmetrical power bulge, which never gets old.

It might be shit, but it's shit with a pretty face.

So basically, like topgearfanatic says, it is in fact a proper tribute to the original Mini with its cute styling, good handling, and crappy quality.

My sister had a Neon. Maybe it was the fact that I was 15 years old, but I loved getting to drive that car. It felt sporty and quick compared to my mom's Blazer. :p

Neon crash testing

New one isn't much better

Last edited: