Kill It With Fire (Automotive Edition) Thread

I'm with Blind_Io on the Neon, another member of my family had one when it was first put on sale. Within a year or so, it had all the problems he mentioned. I hated everything about that car, whenever I had be a passenger in it. Not even good as a first car, as there are many other used cars that cost less and are better, such as a Civic or Golf.

My sister never had a problem with hers and she drove it like a mad person, it gladly kept going until she totaled it.

the people who built it hated it

"Shes out of my League"

My only issue with the Neon, is the Chrysler borrowed it's engine and dropped it in the bigger, heavier Sebring <_<

And the Sebring also needs to be set on fire.

haha all generation sebrings should be set on fire

I actually like the last generation Sebring Sedan and its Stratus sibling.

Silver_Dodge_Stratus_SXT_side.JPG

Decent gas mileage and attractive styling especially in 2004+ models like the one shown and a decent crash test score make it a great used car bargain.

It's a shame that they decontented the interior around this time though....the 2001 to 04 cars had a much nicer finish inside.

:barf:

You couldn't pay me enough to drive that turd.

2008.dodge.avenger.20148625-E.jpg

Dodge_avenger-2007washauto.jpg

The interior is too bland, everything looks like hard plastic, but the exterior does look cool for the newer Avengers, still wouldn't drive one though.
cj.jpg

I like the Stratus R/T coupes and sedans tho even though they are suped up Sebrings.

Oh, vomit. One of my friends had one of those big boaty Sebrings like thevictor390 posted. Bits of trim were randomly off of it...and continuing to fall off of it. It had terrible body roll but seemed fairly low to the ground--I kept wondering how he managed to keep it from scraping on things. It was just awful in every respect and even looked like a turd. At least he got the V6 one, but eeeek.

The Neon is also hideous. Yuck. Worse yet, its stupid, awkward roundiness got its ugly mug on every "chick car" list out there for a while. Those tend to make me a very angry woman. Can't we get some pretty things that go like stink on "chick car" lists instead of awkward, bland, and completely meh crap that merely reinforces the "girl's car = crap" stereotype? Y'know, 911s are roundy and...actually attractive, too, yet they never appear on lists of "chick cars" whose hoonability ends with a Miata (and where the Miata is usually the only decent thing on the list). Every time a list of "female cars" comes out, I feel as if someone's taking a veiled swipe at my gender. "Hurr durr, girls can't drive, let's stick a Corolla on there and be done with it."

I hate the term "chick flicks," too. They're far too lacking when it comes to realistic plots, subject matter I give a rat's posterior about, and...car chases. </rawr>

Last edited:
Get the rest of your gender to stop buying crap cars and those lists will get better. :p :mrgreen:

Oh, vomit. One of my friends had one of those big boaty Sebrings like thevictor390 posted. Bits of trim were randomly off of it...and continuing to fall off of it. It had terrible body roll but seemed fairly low to the ground--I kept wondering how he managed to keep it from scraping on things. It was just awful in every respect and even looked like a turd. At least he got the V6 one, but eeeek.

The Neon is also hideous. Yuck. Worse yet, its stupid, awkward roundiness got its ugly mug on every "chick car" list out there for a while. Those tend to make me a very angry woman. Can't we get some pretty things that go like stink on "chick car" lists instead of awkward, bland, and completely meh crap that merely reinforces the "girl's car = crap" stereotype? Y'know, 911s are roundy and...actually attractive, too, yet they never appear on lists of "chick cars" whose hoonability ends with a Miata (and where the Miata is usually the only decent thing on the list). Every time a list of "female cars" comes out, I feel as if someone's taking a veiled swipe at my gender. "Hurr durr, girls can't drive, let's stick a Corolla on there and be done with it."

I hate the term "chick flicks," too. They're far too lacking when it comes to realistic plots, subject matter I give a rat's posterior about, and...car chases. </rawr>

I didn't just post it, that was mine :p

It was absurdly low to the ground. I lost the front valence twice and could barely go to the local post office without bottoming out (the RX is actually a lot better). But all the trim stayed on....

No wait, I take it back, I lost some sort of weather stripping at the base of the windshield. Never bothered to glue it back in place.

That's still no excuse. Boys do it, too. The aforementioned Sebring belonged to a dude. :p

I know two girls who had Rios (which are even worse), but both of those were the result of "my parents bought me a cheap car" and/or "this is what I can afford right now." One's since been replaced with a Jetta. Again, though, "my parents bought me this" is an unfortunate syndrome that affects everyone, regardless of gender, including those of us who would buy something better and/or more interesting if we were simply given a wad of cash to play with. (See also: the Failtima.)

I actually looked up the hp of the "thank goodness you replaced this with a Jetta" Rio--96? or something? Double digits out of an early 2000s car. Eek! No wonder it irritated me so much to drive.

Last edited:
I actually didn't think the (current-gen) Rio was that bad when I drove it. But, then again, I had driven a Dodge Caliber mere moments before, so it might be a relative thing. Just like how the Hyundai Accent seemed pretty great with a leggy blonde in the passenger seat, somewhat less impressive in a normal situation.

That's still no excuse. Boys do it, too. The aforementioned Sebring belonged to a dude. :p

I know two girls who had Rios (which are even worse), but both of those were the result of "my parents bought me a cheap car" and/or "this is what I can afford right now." One's since been replaced with a Jetta. Again, though, "my parents bought me this" is an unfortunate syndrome that affects everyone, regardless of gender, including those of us who would buy something better and/or more interesting if we were simply given a wad of cash to play with. (See also: the Failtima.)

I actually looked up the hp of the "thank goodness you replaced this with a Jetta" Rio--96? or something? Double digits out of an early 2000s car. Eek! No wonder it irritated me so much to drive.

one word ..err number: 85 HP

So yeah, the first gen Rio would be a nice upgrade for me! :p

My sister's 2000 Vitara has 97! But was my grandmother's....

I wouldn't say the Sebring was a bad purchase, as a first car it did perfectly well. It was $3k, had 50k miles, and no electrics whatsoever. Nothing broke that wasn't the result of me crashing it. Which I did, several times. Sold it on for $2k after 3 years and 25k miles.

I have no idea what will happen to the car as it reaches higher mileage though... hence why I got rid of it :p

Meh. First cars are meant to be...less than desirable. I lucked out with the Grand Am, I guess. Body cladding, smadding--that extra plastic fluff kept dumb high school kids from destroying my doors. And it was red. And it had a V6! I loved that thing. If it goes in a college or high school parking lot full of people just learning how to drive, though...bringing something really nice is setting yourself up for disappointment (and poverty. that, too).

They got their payback with the Failtima, though...and then some.

Parents tend to want to hand off/let you buy something not so powerful, hard to break, and not too expensive to fix. (Aaaaand that's why my repeated whining about "mom, you had a BMW in high school!" didn't get me anywhere. Grr.)

Last edited:
Meh. First cars are meant to be...less than desirable. I lucked out with the Grand Am, I guess. Body cladding, smadding--that extra plastic fluff kept dumb high school kids from destroying my doors. And it was red. And it had a V6! I loved that thing.

They got their payback with the Failtima, though...and then some.

I think parents want something not so powerful, hard to break, and not too expensive to fix. (Aaaaand that's why my repeated whining about "mom, you had a BMW in high school!" didn't get me anywhere. Grr.)

That's another good point, actually... all that gray trim on the Sebring is plastic. Managed to do $500 worth of damage backing into an Audi but I honestly couldn't find the point of contact on my car.