The "Things that annoy me" thread

My mother was annoyed at me waking her up and disrupting her sleep last night... by asking her something at 8 PM. (she had been asleep maybe a half hour and went right back to sleep after)
She wakes me up at 6:44 to tell me this. I happen to have had the day off today and on days I do not have off I have to at the earliest be up at 7:30 :|
I do however have lots of schoolwork for my online class to do today and I have had maybe 2 hours of sleep total because I kept waking up every time I fell asleep and this has insured I will get no more sleep this morning. Who is the bigger asshole here?

But around here it is advisable to leave a bit of a gap. Basic reason, if someone hits you in the rear and shunts you into the person in front of you, according to the insurance rules, you're responsible for the damage to the car in front. This is on the basis that you did not leave a sufficiently safe distance.
:blink: common sense is more that if someone rear-ends someone and in the result pushes some cars "together" ... the one that actually caused the accident is the sole one to blame. Not the "middle-men".

Imagine this: You stop at a red light, 10 meters behind the cars infront (2 car lenghts roughly). Maniac (or someone who lost control/heartattack whatever) behind you rear-ends you with 100km/h. Your car will hit the car infront of you ... even if you were able to see into the future and would have stopped unreasonable 30 meters behind the car infront ... you?d still hit it in that scenario ... and then your insurance is going to pay for something you coulnd?t possibly have prevented and has clearly not be caused by you? That just makes no sense at all.

:blink: common sense is more that if someone rear-ends someone and in the result pushes some cars "together" ... the one that actually caused the accident is the sole one to blame. Not the "middle-men".

Imagine this: You stop at a red light, 10 meters behind the cars infront (2 car lenghts roughly). Maniac (or someone who lost control/heartattack whatever) behind you rear-ends you with 100km/h. Your car will hit the car infront of you ... even if you were able to see into the future and would have stopped unreasonable 30 meters behind the car infront ... you?d still hit it in that scenario ... and then your insurance is going to pay for something you coulnd?t possibly have prevented and has clearly not be caused by you? That just makes no sense at all.

It makes no sence indeed, but here it's the same thing, in a chain collision (basicly what this is), your ensurance always pays the damage to the car infront, but I do not believe it counts as an accident 'at fault' so you're ensurance doesn't go up.

Other oddity, (this happende to me) the guy infront of me lost his cargo on a small trailer, so I ended up dodgin most of the boxes (cause I'm awesome) but got hit by one, (cause I'm not THAT awesome) .
I had full risk insurance, he didn't , he was fully at fault but it still was MY ensurance that ended up paying for the damage to my car, apparantly if one of the parties has a full risk and its an indirect incident like this, its the full risk that ends up paying for it, but it obviously doen't count as 'at fault' and you're premium doesn't go up.

I love it when they stop with a huge gap, then go a little bit more forward, brake again. Little bit forward, brake again. And so on ... and so on. Some people just don?t seem able to just "stop" somewhere. It irritates the hell out of me when one of those is behind me and I can see him/her just edging forward every few seconds ...
I find it more annoying when the car in front of me leaves a car space or 2 clear in front of him. It's annoying when anticipating how much to brake because you can see he/she still has quite a lot of space left so you adjust your braking accordingly (when you are both still rolling), but then he/she suddenly decides it's time to stop out of nowhere and you need to brake heavily yourself to avoid plowing into his/her rear (wait wat).

Usually the people that do this are on the phone too, which irritates me even more.

Last edited:

The insurance companies figure it out eventually. It's just a basic given that if you rear-end someone, you're at fault. If something caused you to rear-end that person, like faulty brakes, black ice, or someone else rear-ending you, they'll eventually backtrack it to the original cause and find someone to sue. It won't be held against you or cause your premiums to go up, unless they determine that you did something to contribute to the accident.

Last edited:
People moving from the city to a rural area, then complaining and calling the cops because one of the neighbours rooster is crowing in the morning.....

These are the sticks honny, people have animals, some animals make noise.

When I'm working, trying to get shit done, the sound of someone else walking, shuffling/dragging their feet. It enrages me.

People moving from the city to a rural area, then complaining and calling the cops because one of the neighbours rooster is crowing in the morning.....

somebody better hit'em over the head with said rooster!
i used to have neighbours who had a few chigguns and a rooster, how is that a reason to call the cops? i actually like a bit of that from time to time...
you know, as opposed to the neighbourhood's dogs howling away for hours after an ambulance has passed by -.-

Last time I did that GAIA (the local PETA-type) was at my door 2 hours later, my holdingtank can only hold so many dead treehuggers you know......

People who speak like a person from George Orwell's "1984", make excessive use of acronyms and use English terms a lot in the wrong way, when they communicate with other people.

My boss for example is such a person. She has the annoying habit of using only "positive" words, to make negative facts sound better. She completely avoids the word "problem", for example, because according to her there are no problems -- only challenges.

Also she uses English terms and foreign words in the strangest ways, when there are also clear and meaningful German terms available. Not everyone in my company speaks proper English and I get asked time and again about the meaning of her memos. But even I have trouble understanding her, because she uses English words in the wrong way and comes up with acronyms on her own, where no one knows what they mean or in which language they are.

The trouble is: She not only writes that way, she speaks that way, too. Honestly, she sometimes sounds like someone with a speech disorder -- but I think in her circles this is considered cool somehow.

Then again, she drives a Mini. What would you expect? :rolleyes:

i used to have neighbours who had a few chigguns and a rooster, how is that a reason to call the cops? i actually like a bit of that from time to time...
you know, as opposed to the neighbourhood's dogs howling away for hours after an ambulance has passed by -.-

There's a internet legend here that some idiot called police because her children saw horses fucking in a field.

my sweet tooth

Why, oh why can't I remember in time that I can't sleep if I eat more than just a very little bit of chocolate in the evening? This is usually followed by a crash caused by low blood sugar that lasts well into the morning lectures. :(

People who are so inept at their jobs that they expend so much time and effort in covering up their inability to do the job and overall laziness, that it impacts on everyone else that has to undo the mess that they have created. Whereas if they had just asked for assistance, I would have given it to them. They would have learnt how to do the tasks and I wouldn't have had to have 3 people, including myself, spending much of the day (and the past week) unravelling the mess, writing briefs explaining what went wrong, and having to apologise to a ton of people.

But the one I hate more is the boss that lets the bastard get away with it. Continually.

Things that annoy me? 99% of movie remakes, song covers and also movie 'updates' *I'm looking at you, George Lucas...*