Lens Flair

5172140779_8f51f0b6b7.jpg

Need longer exposure...I think mine was set to 30seconds.

In addition I was in a location where there was pretty much NO light...so my two LED flashlights really made painting the car easy.

Need longer exposure...I think mine was set to 30seconds.

In addition I was in a location where there was pretty much NO light...so my two LED flashlights really made painting the car easy.

Looking at the EXIF, the exposure was 30 seconds. I'd suggest turning up the ISO level. Using a flashlight on the car would work well too.

Looking at the EXIF, the exposure was 30 seconds. I'd suggest turning up the ISO level. Using a flashlight on the car would work well too.
I wouldn't turn up the ISO for a long exposure and a dark object to photograph, you'll catch loads of noise. I'd rather go to bulb mode and expose longer. That said, it must have been incredibly dark if that picture was exposed for 30 secs.

I wouldn't turn up the ISO for a long exposure and a dark object to photograph, you'll catch loads of noise. I'd rather go to bulb mode and expose longer. That said, it must have been incredibly dark if that picture was exposed for 30 secs.

The suggestion to turn up ISO relies upon whatever setting it was on, for example 100 or 200. I wouldn't go above ISO800 in that situation, even that is pushing it IMO.

The suggestion to turn up ISO relies upon whatever setting it was on, for example 100 or 200. I wouldn't go above ISO800 in that situation, even that is pushing it IMO.
Still, the problem persists that the sensor heats up during long exposures. A warmer sensor means more noise. If you turn up the ISOs now, which essentially means that the camera will turn up the amplifier of each pixel, that noise will be increased exponentially. Thus, you should rather expose longer at lower ISO.

Last edited:
I set the ISO on 800, the noise was terrible! I used the LED on my pjone, it was basically just an experiment.
I tried it on the night sky without the car, and I get the stars, but not as many as say eppb's last shot, with the turbine.

What kind of camera do you have? You'll probably have to set yours bacck to low ISO 100 or 200 and have long exposure NR in camera turned on.