Gran Turismo 5

Is it the 20GB model?

Launch 60GB.

Only the launch 20GB model wasn't equipped with built-in WiFi; all the others were.

Edit 2: Or is your brother talking about requiring an internet connection to play PS3 games? If yes, then yes, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :p

Well he has an early model and it's been giving him issues. He says that he can't even play single player on it on a couple games because it can't connect to the internet and supposedly it needs to connect to verify something. I really don't know. I just thought it was lame that a game would require an internet connection even though you don't play online. Strange. But that's great news about the built in WiFi. I just need to replace my router with a wireless model. :p

With all the complaining and the teaserbits......anyone else notice we are just 3 days away now ? :p

As much as I want to bitch about that, given everything else the game is doing, there is obviously going to be some optimization cuts in order to get the game to run smoothly. You can't render 20 absurdly detailed cars, have weather, have multiple light sources and shadows, visual damage on all 20 cars in the race, and then have it be able to transmit online for an online race. Its just too much data. Frankly, if you're viewing the car from those angles as you are driving anyway, then you're doing it wrong.

I'm so confused with the tire marks. They're there in some videos. They're not in others. What the hell. At first I thought standard cars might not get tire marks, but then I remembered the Bugatti video.

Speaking of which, why do they give a rolling start on the TG track. I'm sure Kaz and his team thoroughly researched TG by watching episodes/talking to the cast and crew. When did they ever see/who ever told them that TG does rolling starts.

Crappy speakers wouldn't change the sound. The quality, yes, but not the sound. If PD changed the tire noise to something good, you'd be able to hear it. Plus keep in mind, most people will be playing this out of TV speakers, not a $1000 surround sound system.

I recorded that video, and I can tell you skidmarks do occur with standard cars, and you can even see them at the begining of my standard 300ZX video just after my burnout....
I also recorded the SLS on SSR7 rain night, M5 with custom exhaust, Megane RS in Wet, Maserati granturismo, 300SL nurburgring video
www.youtube.com/2005Pierric

Game is truely and really EPIC, physics are great and well improved, sound is good (I was playing on a huge LED TV with 7.1 audio kit, the SLS sounded just like the real treat. although maserati gran turismo didn't sound like the real model...
Nurburgring nordschleife is just.. WOW mindblowing...

standard cars physics are better than GT4 as well, you can really feel the weight on each car (if you look carefuly my 300ZX you can see I shifted the wheight with scandinavian flicks etc, although since I had jsut tried the game 10 minuts before the video, I couldn't really catch the slide correctly)

Oh and as for the tear stuff and pixelated windscreen effect, you don't even notice them while playing ;)

Last edited:
FrenchViperFan: please tell me if it`s possible to use 900 degree 1:1 animation in cockpit view ? Can you do that with GT5:

FrenchViperFan: please tell me if it`s possible to use 900 degree 1:1 animation in cockpit view ? Can you do that with GT5:

Nope sorry, didn't see any settings for that :/

I wish we could disable the hands and see just the steering wheel. The driver animations are terrible. Like in that Lambo video I posted, the driver is constantly moving his hands from the wheel to the paddles.

Yes, that would be simple and very good. We don`t need cockpit view with 180 degree lock.

Last edited:
As much as I want to bitch about that, given everything else the game is doing, there is obviously going to be some optimization cuts in order to get the game to run smoothly. You can't render 20 absurdly detailed cars, have weather, have multiple light sources and shadows, visual damage on all 20 cars in the race, and then have it be able to transmit online for an online race. Its just too much data. Frankly, if you're viewing the car from those angles as you are driving anyway, then you're doing it wrong.

Except only like 5 tracks hate time/weather. And by visual damage you mean exactly what? PD said standard cars will just get some paint scratches, and I have yet to see that.

I recorded that video, and I can tell you skidmarks do occur with standard cars, and you can even see them at the begining of my standard 300ZX video just after my burnout....
I also recorded the SLS on SSR7 rain night, M5 with custom exhaust, Megane RS in Wet, Maserati granturismo, 300SL nurburgring video
www.youtube.com/2005Pierric

Game is truely and really EPIC, physics are great and well improved, sound is good (I was playing on a huge LED TV with 7.1 audio kit, the SLS sounded just like the real treat. although maserati gran turismo didn't sound like the real model...
Nurburgring nordschleife is just.. WOW mindblowing...

standard cars physics are better than GT4 as well, you can really feel the weight on each car (if you look carefuly my 300ZX you can see I shifted the wheight with scandinavian flicks etc, although since I had jsut tried the game 10 minuts before the video, I couldn't really catch the slide correctly)

Oh and as for the tear stuff and pixelated windscreen effect, you don't even notice them while playing ;)

Oh. I must have not seen the tire makrs after the burnout the first time. I can kind of see them now. I guess its just the angle + youtube compression.

Standard
http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/9020/img0697x.jpg

Premium
Kyoto__Gion.jpg

that looks ruddy awful

looks like they did it MS paint. For a team so obviously hell bent on perfection, thats just blasphemous!

Never mind though, the MX5 is such a pile of jap crap I wont be going anywhere near it or the premium one.

now, where did i put my asbestos suit :p

TBH I think it's a photoshop (the first standard MX5) coz ALL the standard cars in GT5 have at least 3D rims !

Some one Photoshop gt2 in there or something?