Gran Turismo 5

5194696933_2f64f9fcbf_z.jpg

OMG! That pidgeon is just hovering over the ground! What have they been doing all these years?!?!

:p
But seriously, those pictures look unbelievably good! :w00t::w00t:

5194696933_2f64f9fcbf_z.jpg

OMG! That pidgeon is just hovering over the ground! What have they been doing all these years?!?!

:p
But seriously, those pictures look unbelievably good! :w00t::w00t:

its like in F1 2010, in replays the cars are hovering. kinda funny that with all this detail they overlooked something so small, lol

So, you have full control of the wipers, how about the lights?

So, you have full control of the wipers, how about the lights?

One of the videos that showed the controller options listed "flash highbeams" and "flash lights" as actions you can assign to buttons.

Also

Wheres the official reviews?
Still embargoed?

EDIT: I can't really afford it, but this is the first thread I come to when I fire up the board... I traded in the world to get GT1, I also still remember buying GT2, weirdly I got them both day after release.

EDIT EDIT: Bought. :(

Last edited:
If I had any money, I'd go out and buy a PS3, a G27 and GT5.

Sadly, I don't.

Found some more.

AI reaction to whats going on.
In GIF form.

That's exactly what I can't wait to see in game. That was a great reaction by the car in front of the camera and would never have been seen in the earlier GTs. The tire smoke and skid marks make it even better.

It's bad enough I am low on finances, but I'm also low on available time for the next 3 weeks (finals yada yada), yet I might have to get this wednesday anyways...

After all the years of waiting it seems like a let down. I had the signiture edition pre ordered and was going to buy a ps3 and wheel. Im not so bothered about it now, nevermind.

Guys you were right about PSP imports...

Imported cars will only appear in Arcade mode.

However

GT5 portable garage has a limit of 100 cars

Prologue importing is sketchy, no definitive answer.

EDIT: Reviews are embargoed until Wednesday 8:01 AM.

EDIT EDIT:

http://img72.imageshack.**/img72/9260/trialmountaincircuit1.jpg

Last edited:

That looks incredible.

Remember that Namco game, R: Racing Evolution? There was a system in the game in which you can cause the driver in front of you to lose their nerve and make mistakes if you stick on their tail for a while. I always wanted an aspect of that in GT - the beginner level races should have rookie drivers making rookie mistakes, or later on, aggressive drivers willing to risk it all for the win.

After all the wait for GT5 (bought PS3 in May 2008) I left the PS3 to Finland when coming to Germany because I was sure it's gonna be late so much that I'll be back in Finland. That didn't go according to the plan :D

But it's good to know it's really ready and seems to be rather good. :)

And what exactly makes you guys think it's not a 3D rim? Remember it is viewed at an angle from above in the game and photographed at an angle from above from a screen, so the perspective might be a little odd. Am I the only one seeing this?

And are the other blocky graphics on other standard cars from other sources fakes, too?

And if it is down to a performance problem, how come the PS3 can handle 16 premium cars (which have much more detail) at once including weather and everything, but has to fall back to blocky low-res GT4 alpha maps for standard cars?

Last edited: