New (used) car - 1995 M3 coupe

The US spec engines (S50B30US and S52B32US) in E36 M3's aren't as highly tuned as they are in other US M3's to meet the 90's emission standards.

Tuning these engines and replacing parts to get it up to and past Euro spec hp (280-300) range gets annoyingly expensive unfortunately, but even in stock trim it feels pretty quick to me. Plus mine came with a Dinan CAI and AC Schintzer catback. Sine mine is a 1995 model it has the 3.0L S50 engine and it has less tq than the later 3.2L but its OBD1 vs the later OBDII cars and much easier to chip tune. I might get a plug in chip to increase the powerband throughout but not to crazy levels.

5190322373_aaa59f3e9e_b.jpg

Ever since I was considering buying an E24 6er (4 years ago), I've had a question about the computer on old BMWs. I read somewhere what those buttons marked 1/10/100/1000 can be used to enter an ignition passcode? I convinced myself that this is true, but never actually asked anyone who owns a BMW equipped with them. So, its it true? If yes, how does it work/does it work well? Or its it a pain/inconvenient?

Ever since I was considering buying an E24 6er (4 years ago), I've had a question about the computer on old BMWs. I read somewhere what those buttons marked 1/10/100/1000 can be used to enter an ignition passcode? I convinced myself that this is true, but never actually asked anyone who owns a BMW equipped with them. So, its it true? If yes, how does it work/does it work well? Or its it a pain/inconvenient?

I don't know anything about that trick, you'll prob have to ask on bimmerforums.com. Sounds like something they would know.

It?s virtually impossible to find a decent E36 M3 over here that?s not previously fallen into the hands of someone who thinks he has to improve it in some way or another (and ends up runing it) ... so really, a great find. Congratulations. I hope you don?t start to think about improving the car ... leave it alone please (apart from repairs of course), it?s winner already :)

Last edited:
Well, since you seem to want it so badly, please provide proof of owning this vehicle.

The photo with my other car and Top Gear on the stereo is proof enough, you know I'm not dumb enough to put personal info on a photo like the car's title or registrations. If that's not good enough you're welcome to lock the thread. I don't really care.

http://img684.imageshack.**/img684/6945/p1040908b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know anything about that trick, you'll prob have to ask on bimmerforums.com. Sounds like something they would know.

Ah, just figured I'd ask here. I've never had a reason to register at bimmerforums. The only make/model specific forums I've registered at are Audi related, and that was way back when I used to own my A6. Oh, and SwedeSpeed since I'm fully serious about getting a T5-R in the near future.

The photo with my other car and Top Gear on the stereo is proof enough, you know I'm not dumb enough to put personal info on a photo like the car's title or registrations. If that's not good enough you're welcome to lock the thread. I don't really care.

No ones asking for personal info. Something like this would suffice.

IMG_8664.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, just figured I'd ask here. I've never had a reason to register at bimmerforums. The only make/model specific forums I've registered at are Audi related, and that was way back when I used to own my A6. Oh, and SwedeSpeed since I'm fully serious about getting a T5-R in the near future.

No ones asking for personal info. Something like this would suffice.

I've read the sticky thread. It really speaks for the quality on this forums, and not in a positive way. Esp since it's the only car forums I'm registered to that actually asks for photographic proof of ownership.

But this discussion ends here. Back to BMW talk.

I've read the sticky thread. It really speaks for the quality on this forums, and not in a positive way. Esp since it's the only car forums I'm registered to that actually asks for photographic proof of ownership.

No it does not. You've been here longer than me. You got more posts than me. And now you get into a quarrel with one admin (i think your first response to him was over the top, too) and start complaining about the "quality of the forum"? Get some perspective ;)

No it does not. You've been here longer than me. You got more posts than me. And now you get into a quarrel with one admin (i think your first response to him was over the top, too) and start complaining about the "quality of the forum"? Get some perspective ;)

3811>3923?:think:

EDIT:

Look, you're not above the rule in anyway, no one is asking you to post pictures of your car here, but if you do, we would like to know its actually yours. And please inform me, how does reflect negatively of FinalGear?

Last edited:

I've already lost interest in it and moved on, back on topic please!

Follow my example:

By ignition passcode I assume its like an unlock combo in order to start the engine with the key turn? Neat feature if its true. I've never heard of that at all.

Last edited:
I think now edkwon will have to post a picture of his asshole with State ID and a tatoo of the Finalgear logo on his buttcheek. Seriously the rule Naziism is wildly out of hand.

Yes I'm not crazy about the steering wheel, a three spoke one would be quite nice.

My Genesis is $41K. You wouldn't consider a used M3 for only $7K a bargain in comparison? :huh: In all seriousness, would you want to buy a used M3 under $5K? I certainly wouldn't... The ones I saw listed had 200K+ miles and were usually salvage title cars (been in major crash). Forget that...

Here's an eBay link for one; one stipulation, though, you have to get the round airbag.
E46 M3 Wheel

By "cheap" I meant as a second car, period. I can look at $500 cars as a project...and you've got an E36 M3 :p

I think now edkwon will have to post a picture of his asshole with State ID and a tatoo of the Finalgear logo on his buttcheek. Seriously the rule Naziism is wildly out of hand.

If he stopped bitching about it, I would've left him alone. But since he won't.....

:evil:

If he stopped bitching about it, I would've left him alone. But since he won't.....

:evil:

Sorry to take away your fun but I complied with the rules in post #25 :lol: As I said, i've already lost interest in the subject.

Here's an eBay link for one; one stipulation, though, you have to get the round airbag.
E46 M3 Wheel

I've seen used good example wheels like that with the same catch...needs a new airbag, I have no idea how much it costs to have the airbag system restored, nor am I really interested in finding out how reliable an 'aftermarket' airbag install is when put to the test.

Last edited:
One can install the airbag fairly easily, just make sure to disconnect the battery beforehand.

Airbags run about the same price as the steering wheel- I'd say it's worth it to spend the $700-800 because you get a newer airbag and the wheel is a million times better.

One can install the airbag fairly easily, just make sure to disconnect the battery beforehand.

Airbags run about the same price as the steering wheel- I'd say it's worth it to spend the $700-800 because you get a newer airbag and the wheel is a million times better.

A new wheel is going to be way low on the list of upgrades, but i'll keep it in mind.

Took a few new photos while on holiday this weekend, put about 1000 miles total driving time in 4 days, car runs great and the sports seat are pretty comfortable even on long trips

5216816804_01bec03615_b.jpg

5216271439_82a511be98_b.jpg

Last edited: