Gran Turismo 5

Kaz is going to be laughing at all of us so hard tomorrow. After all the complaining from every corner of the internet, about every aspect of the game, it will still break all video game sales records. Kaz will just be sitting there on his throne made out of cash, grinning.

Kaz is going to be laughing at all of us so hard tomorrow. After all the complaining from every corner of the internet, about every aspect of the game, it will still break all video game sales records. Kaz will just be sitting there on his throne made out of cash, grinning.

He's too busy making GT6. :D

Some of the damage videos havent been great, however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XINuNcmXfLI

It appears to get better the higher your level. This is level 40.

EDIT: Online patch has just gone up, seems big for just an unlock.

Version: 1.01.
Size: 133MB.

:lol:

Last edited:

EDIT: Online patch has just gone up

Level 40? What the hell is this? WoW?

EDIT (about the edit): A patch already? FFS. So not only do we have to spend an eternity installing the damn thing, we're also going to have to download that shit before we can play? Also, how is there a patch already, if theoretically the game is not out yet.

Last edited:
Level 40? What the hell is this? WoW?

Your leveled now, because

You unlock things as you rank up

EDIT:
EDIT (about the edit): A patch already? FFS. So not only do we have to spend an eternity installing the damn thing, we're also going to have to download that shit before we can play? Also, how is there a patch already, if theoretically the game is not out yet.

It's supposed to be just an unlock for online patch, but there must be something else in there too.

Last edited:

EDIT: Online patch has just gone up, seems big for just an unlock.

Don't be so misleading. "you don't have to be level 40...just patience and a destructive streak" is the translation.

The damage seems to only be a slightly skewed bumper on some cars, all the way to doors flailing open and parts falling off on other cars. Do we know what the reasons are? Specific cars? Specific game modes?

Last edited:
I believe that the doors-falling-off type damage is only on race cars. I remember something like that was mentioned a long time ago.....

I was worried about GT5 not having that 10km test course to test top speeds, but that video showed that the main straight (Mulsanne) of Curcuit de la Sarthe is 3.54 miles (5.7 km) long without the chicanes; I think that is plenty to test the top speed of the fastest cars! :D

Last edited:
so, the local gamestop here in this shit town has said on the phone when i called and asked about a midnight release "no, there just isnt any interest for GT5. we will not be having a midnight release." then he went on to say something like "nobody really plays that kinda game anyways."

are you kidding me? anyone know a good place other than wal-mart to get the game at 12 midnight? when its released?

Which means stopping before the second lap, just before the start line, like a moron.

Because that's so hard to do. I mean, I have to do a whole lap of the track before I can set a standing-start time. :rolleyes:

The amount of whining about this game (and recent others) is mind-boggling. So what if it isn't exactly the game we were hoping it would be? We've had six years to hype it more and more, it was never going to live up to our expectations.

Because that's so hard to do. I mean, I have to do a whole lap of the track before I can set a standing-start time. :rolleyes:

I always managed to stop before the line in a free run even before the first lap begins in GT4, I imagine the same would be possible again.

I always managed to stop before the line in a free run even before the first lap begins in GT4, I imagine the same would be possible again.

Probably, but if I'm in a car for the first time, or have recently tuned it up, I'll do a lap to get an idea of what the car's like on that particular track.

I wouldn't say that. But I think this game is under a much larger microscope than it should be. I know, I know, people fire back with "but it's been five years in the making!" With as much content that is in the game, I can forgive a bit of pixelation in the window edge. I also refuse to believe that pic of the Miata is really what we're getting with the standard cars. Either it is a photoshop or, as was said, a transferred car that doesn't look as well. It it turns out to be true, oh well. Not like I can do anything about it. I don't look at the side of the car when I'm driving anyway. Maybe I'm too passive, but I don't let that sort of stuff bother me.
Just to put what I said in perspective: a pixelated edge will not stop me from buying this game, nor will it stop me from enjoying it. What grinds my gears is that they put this particular car (and others, too) in the game like this. They officially said that the standard cars would be brought up to speed graphics-wise, within reason of course. Also, many (if not all) cars in GT4 had a more detailed photomode model available which they could have used. And then they just make a straight port from GT4 in-game and be done with it. How much time would a slight retouch of those textures have consumed? So much that it was impossible to do it?

That's not the point. It is the fact that we have to do it at all that is bothersome. PD understands the role of Top Gear in the automotive world. They introduce Top Gear on GT-TV. They spend time at the track to recreate it in unparalleled beauty and precision. They make challenges with the Stig in the game. And then they do not think about introducing a standing start, even when every single lap done in Top Gear is done with a standing start. And there are standing starts in this game, it's just that the TG track doesn't offer the option (at least noone has found it yet) ... and that makes any kind of sense to you?

You know, for me, there is no other game like Gran Turismo out there. I have never played any driving/racing game/simulation which is more satisfying than this. And I owe them a lot for teaching me a lot of knowledge about cars. But I don't understand them at times. I just don't get how they can let all these little errors and inconveniences slip though before their eyes. If anyone can see them right away at first sight, why can't a triple digit of employees during all that time?

Last edited:
Regarding the top gear Test track, on time trial mode the game starts you on the second last corner, so all you have to do is drive around one corner and stop at the line, not having to do a whole god dam lap.

Ilpav - Use Special Stage Route 7 ;) (Really looking forward to this one)