Random Thoughts....

Sorry, can't resist.
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/11/22/Korpiklaani_-_Wooden_Pints.gif

Makes me want to move to Finland.

I see your moderate, but nevertheless surprising amount of winter and raise you a more significant, but even more surprising amount of winter :tease:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2010/11/26/DSCN0394_.jpg

PS: Black steelies FTMFW!

snips Narf's test pic

Here in London, I have never heard of anyone having a winter set of tyres with steelies.

We have had a beautiful sunny, clear but cold day today, but waaay up in Scotland and the north-east of England, they have had two or more days of great poopings of snow. This had had the inevitable result of nobody able to drive anywhere without going into a ditch.

So my random thought was, does anyone in Scotland or northern England have a set of winter tyres? :? They are definitely needed up there in the northern lands, whereas we don?t get so much snow down in London and the south east.

(Winter tyres: Never mentioned in media reports, government spokesmen or reports, motoring programs like Top Gear, nothing at all.)

^ Why mention them when we can moan about there being no solution to our 'massive snowstorms' which can keep people trapped in their cars for days until the traffic moves a little.

^ Why mention them when we can moan about there being no solution to our 'massive snowstorms' which can keep people trapped in their cars for days until the traffic moves a little.

So, that would be a no winter tyres for the Kangaroo then! :p

Leftover stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving leftovers. Good thing I got to it first because now there's none left! :lol:

So my random thought was, does anyone in Scotland or northern England have a set of winter tyres? :? They are definitely needed up there in the northern lands, whereas we don?t get so much snow down in London and the south east.

Winter tyres arn't only for when it's snowing. They give far better grip in colder conditions than summer tyres.

Everyone should stick them on atleast for the 1 or 2 coldest months of the year.

All snow tires are winter tires, but all winter tires are not snow tires.

So, that would be a no winter tyres for the Kangaroo then! :p

Hey I've only got stuck once! And I got out by hacking away the ice in front of the wheels with the only thing in the boot - a wheel wrench. :lol: To be honest - chances are I won't need to go driving anywhere.

Well we had snow last night, now it all seems to have been melted or blown away by the wind. Good news for me, means I can actually go out to do shopping and other stuff today. Not that I look forward to trying to go shopping today - its apparently been a mad-house since 2am this morning.

Maybe we should see how well you could pilot one of these:
toro_snow_blower.jpg
We own one but it's broken and annoying and only works if a wire is touching a screw or something. Pain in the ass, especially since most of the time the amount of snow we get is enough the thing won't be able to throw it high enough after 2-3 storms.
I park indoors so you don't need to do any shoveling. Just wear the boots and smile :p.
GOOD this is an acceptable plan
I see your moderate, but nevertheless surprising amount of winter and raise you a more significant, but even more surprising amount of winter :tease:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/narf/2010/11/26/DSCN0394_.jpg

This is an acceptable amount of snow for me to shovel.

Last edited:
Why would anyone buy winter tyres that don't work on snow?

There's tires that are made for cold road driving that aren't very good in snow. I don't know why, some places don't get much snow and all seasons suck in the cold snow or not, snow tires wear really fast on bare roads, whatever.

All snow tires are winter tires, but all winter tires are not snow tires.

I think the ones we have on the lolvo are 'only' winter tires, but in dec 09 - feb 10 when we got loads of snow they worked like a charm.
I really don't understand why my parents still don't have any winter tires, they didn't use their car for almost 3 months because they couldn't get out of their drive :rolleyes: It's not like we get that much snow, but we still get frost about 3-4 months.

I just realized I said the word "fuck" to my parents and they didn't react one way or the other.

Wtf is going on?

Driving down the Mulsanne Straight (pre-chicanes) in a Porsche 906 Longtail, steering with one hand, and eating a blueberry muffin with the other.

I actually managed to finish my muffin (and steer with both hands) before the kink, before losing control at the hump, crashing, and dying*.

*In Power & Glory v2, that is.

Last edited:
(Winter tyres: Never mentioned in media reports, government spokesmen or reports, motoring programs like Top Gear, nothing at all.)

They're mandatory by law now. The old law said you need "appropriate tyres", the new one (passed today, in effect next week probably) says you need M+S tyres. Sadly, M+S means next to nothing :cry:

This is an acceptable amount of snow for me to shovel.

\o/

Its realy cold out......while its a bloody heatwave compared to lets say Scandinavia, it still is realy focking cold, and I can't shake the feeling people will die tonight because of it..........I hate these preminitions.

They're still dousing it with alcohol, be patient!
Now all we need is an archer with a flaming arrow and a speedy drive by!

I just realized I said the word "fuck" to my parents and they didn't react one way or the other.

Wtf is going on?
Maybe they were thinking exactly that and you just articulated it? Or they didn't hear it/thought you said something else? Or are planning to dump 2 week old fish in your bed as punishment?