Gran Turismo 5

5219970110_fc7256f092_b.jpg

The power of Quattro! :lol:

Does anyone else think that the S-license is easier than the international licenses?

I just got all gold in the S-license and I have no idea how to get gold is some of the lesser licenses.

Well, the racing type challenges (2 lap challenes and applied overtaking) tend to be way easier than the braking & cornering tasks where you need to be inch perfect. And since the S license is all about applied overtaking it's comparatively easy to full gold that.

I quite like this song from the soundtrack. It just came on during a B-Spec race so I got to listen to it some (I'm usually to concentrated on driving to hear the music in A-Spec).

Last edited:
It was for completing all amateur races afaik. Got an 8C competizione.

Ah. I still need to do the Japanese classics, and the lightweight races.

I've completed with all gold, Amateur, Beginner and Professional with two left to do on Expert.
The best free car was a Countach which is standard, actually it might be the Shelby Cobra. I don't know where I won it but it's worth the most.
My game won't give me LFA's and 8C's (Which is awful to drive in-game) :D

For completing Professional I got a level 12
Lancer Evo Super Rally car '03
AMG Advanced on silver
A160 and a C63, love the C63

Posted this in the pic thread, I thought it was funny.

http://img258.imageshack.**/img258/6853/trialmountaincircuit.jpg

EDIT: For having 90 cars, chrome paint. :cool: Pur Sang baby!!!!

Last edited:
Finally found telemetry. It is only in the practice mode.

Driving an upgraded Catherham around Monza in the wet on slick tires (with wet grip set to realistic), with to TC is quite an exercise in throttle control. It would spin the rear tires in 6th gear!

Interesting video, but I couldn't recreate the results in reality.

I think that you have to unlock better ai? That's what some of the YT comments seem to be suggesting. Pretty dumb, along with unlocking better damage, unless the idea of unlocking was to curb the learning curve and give new players a bit of lea way with less consequential damage and dumber ai.

Nascar advanced, the first one you can ram anything, the second one you're not allowed within 15 miles of a car, third allows some contact.

Theres a paint exploit, if you gift a car they receive the car plus paint code. Me and Loz tried it, because i have chrome paint and oh dear. I didn't wanna send a good car incase the upload failed, for a joke I painted something ridiculous and got upload failed.
I reloaded the game and got the car back but when i sent it, it gave him the original paint code, he sent the car back and i got the original paint code.

So i'm stuck with a ridiculous chrome 'car'. :(

Heres my new whip...
http://img225.imageshack.**/img225/2839/bernmarktgassej.jpg
http://img148.imageshack.**/img148/1036/bernmarktgasse1.jpg
http://img545.imageshack.**/img545/6001/bernmarktgasse2.jpg

Upload failed fix.

When you're in your garage and you try to gift a friend, if you get the dreaded upload failed.
Just quit the game and load it back up again, the cars back... the paint code might not. :p

Last edited:
Why in God's name is the Prius premium?

If any of you are stuck on Nascar Events, turn off ABS god knows how it affects a fricken Nascar.

Last edited:
Should I buy GT5?

I'm half tempted to neg-rep the chrome Prius with mad camber. :p

Prius is high up on my list of cars to mod, once I have more money than I need. Already bought everything there is for the Fiat 500 and VW Kubelwagen. Don't judge me.

Should I buy GT5?

Probably. It may be disappointing/half-assed but it's still the best racing game on PS3 IMO.

Last edited:
For anyone thinking of selling their cars, keep in mind that they do depreciate over time, even if you don't drive them. I could have sold that Kubelwagen a few days ago for 90k, but I only sold it for around 75k yesterday. So here's a tip: don't wait if you need the money. :)

Also Sebastian Leob tought me a valuable lesson in rallying. I thought it was faster to drift around every corner, but he fought me that the less you drift the better, because when the car isnt sideways, it can put it's power down more efficiently.

I REALLY want to win that Citroen rally car you use in the Leob challenges (you need to get gold in all 3 challenges) and I got gold in both the dirt tracks, but only a silver on the snow track. That snow track is really frustrating because you always think you're going too slow and you try to speed up by accelerating more and breaking late for corners (which isn't good for snow driving).

If anyone else is struggling, watch the example videos in interior or bumper cam view, they help a lot.

Last edited:
Prius is high up on my list of cars to mod, once I have more money than I need. Already bought everything there is for the Fiat 500 and VW Kubelwagen. Don't judge me.

Probably. It may be disappointing/half-assed but it's still the best racing game on PS3 IMO.

Yea but I already have a 360 + Forza 3.

Still worth it?

Yea but I already have a 360 + Forza 3.

Still worth it?

Not having played a lot of Forza, I really can't say. What little I played, I liked. The physics aren't radically different so if you still enjoy Forza, you should enjoy this.

Can it get up that Eiger mountain without hysterically stopping dead and rolling backwards?

It can get up to 130 on the LeMans straight and can do 1:33 driven sloppily around the TG test track, so I hope so :lol:

Last edited: