Unveiled: New 2011 Audi A6

interior is good, definitely very good quality BUT the exterior is ..... just ... zzz

That looks very much A8-ish. The big shifter cluster reminds me of the Q7.
It does, I just thought it looked very familiar when I first saw it and the F10 5-series was the first thing that came to mind. The centre console stereo arragement is very similar to the BMW.

There's nothing in this car's styling that makes me want one more than a 5-series.

audi_a6_2011_02.jpg

... I like the old one better. Sure, the new A8 looks good ... but I don?t think the A6 should be looking like a shrunk A8 ... it should have it?s own look (within the Audi-design language thing aka "boring but classy"). Like the current one has. The new design isn?t bad (and the interior really needed a makeover in terms of usability), but I think I wouldn?t have an A6 in that segment anymore. The E-class is much more handsome and individual within the Mercedes range ...

Audi-A6-2009-pictures.jpg

Well ... still time to order one ... with the 3 Liter Supercharged V6 :drool:

Last edited:
I don't like how the new Audi grill has started to take a more hexagonal shape as opposed to the trapezoid of the previous gens. It just looks clumsy and snub-nosed.

I just realized I don't like any of the Germans in this class, and if I was a wealthy man (which I am so obviously not) I probably wouldn't get one.

The 5er looks like a fat kid in the middle of eating lots of cake, the E-class has those goofy rear fenders and just looks clumsy, and this is just really boring.

Then again, I suppose my car isn't exactly going to win any beauty awards - and I freely admit that - so it'd be probable other virtues would win me over, but on styling alone the Germans are doing quite poorly.

This car is aimed at head of departments high enough in the corporate food chain to have a say in what they get as a company car (instead of getting a Mondeo) but not high enough to get a luxury saloon.

These are not the kind of people who would go for a risky/flashy design, and if they would, they'd get a C6.

A 19 year old couldn't possibly want one of these. Fact.

Obviously, I didn't meant I want one like I think I'll buy one, but if I was (far more) richer, yes I would want one instead of, let's say E-Class or any SUV.

This car is aimed at head of departments high enough in the corporate food chain to have a say in what they get as a company car (instead of getting a Mondeo) but not high enough to get a luxury saloon.

These are not the kind of people who would go for a risky/flashy design, and if they would, they'd get a C6.

Yeah, but just because it's not off the wall doesn't mean they have to be bad. The BMW 5-series was quite handsome until the current one, Audi has had some pretty daring and rather attractive A6s in the past - the A6 was bold in '97 - and the E-class was attractive once - okay I haven't actually liked it since 1994, I'll admit that. Now it's fat, dull, and ugly, respectively.

I just realized I don't like any of the Germans in this class, and if I was a wealthy man (which I am so obviously not) I probably wouldn't get one.[...]
These are buisness-cars, driven by middle-management ... I don?t really see the alternative. Jaguar, okey. There are no SUVs in middle managment. So what else is there? The Passat? That?s one class down, as is the Isignia, the Saab 9-5 maybe if you fool yourself into thinking that interior doesn?t matter that much. What you end up is a choice between the three Germans Stooges, the Indian Pussycat and the Volvo S80 (the Audi looks like from 20 years from the future compared to that).
It?s hard not to buy German out of those choices. I don?t know, I might even prefer the Jag when this new A6 hits the showrooms ...

Last edited:
Yeah, it's pretty much Jaguar. I was trying to think of alternatives myself, and it came down to the Jag and maybe the Infiniti M45. It's getting pretty dire though, the Lexus GS of all things has started looking mighty handsome.

I just wish Germany wasn't in such a design rut

The A5, A7 or CLS could be alternatives. Also the 300C is a possible contender, if you ignore the interior :D

A 19 year old couldn't possibly want one of these. Fact.

A 19 year old couldnt possibly afford one of these unless he was a utterly spoiled brat.

Nice reply :lol: I love it when ppl make pointless observations like that.

I like the design.

Car forum ppl tend to have the idiot mob mentality that plagues characters on the Simpsons.

Make a car simple and understated but good looking.

Response: boooo, snore! its so boring! (yet how many of these ppl are typical A6 buyers, almost none)

Make a car design too radical pushing the edges of design

Response; holy crap what an ugly POS, why can't they make the car look good?

:rolleyes:

Individuals can be smart on occasion but the mob mentality often is not, and tends to make statements like the one above.

I think the new A6 looks pretty good for what it is, and thank god the headlights don't look as awkward as the new A8s, and closer to the A4.

hopefully the RS will still have a proper engine

dont like the V6 S/C in the S4 ... has to have the classic 4.2 l V8, just a brilliant engine

but yes, the RS6, V10 biturbo

but on overall design, I like the previous generation, but Ill give it to them, its hard to make a perfect(for me) design better

Sure, some might call it "boring", but for people wealthy enough to buy an A6, do you really think they want something brash and "look at me"? This is a very good looking, classy car. If you want more "in your face", then wait for the S or RS version.

Sure, some might call it "boring", but for people wealthy enough to buy an A6, do you really think they want something brash and "look at me"? This is a very good looking, classy car. If you want more "in your face", then wait for the S or RS version.

There are people who want this classy sort of car, me among them. However, if you want something brash you can have a bimmer or a merc. Audi will always have the A6 niche.