Gran Turismo 5

Not a bug. The stability management is automatically switched off if ABS is turned off.

Not a bug. The stability management is automatically switched off if ABS is turned off.
Is this valid for all cars or just Nascar?

If you read the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen when you select ASM, it says that it automatically turns off when ABS is off. I noticed that when I was doing the first part of the World Tour (with the Alfa 8C).

I'll make sure I'll check that tonight, thanks! :)

If you read the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen when you select ASM, it says that it automatically turns off when ABS is off. I noticed that when I was doing the first part of the World Tour (with the Alfa 8C).

This is good, might be able to get gold in the 8c now.

Anyone notice their cars' power ratings grow with use? I modded a brand new Dodge Viper to 962hp, then gave it to my B-Spec driver who raced it for over 100 miles, and now its rated at 979hp.

EDIT: Also, another question (I'd check it out, but I already turned my PS3 off for the night)..

Those wheels... are those accents yellow, or body color? (i.e. will the wheels still be black/yellow if I try to put them on a red Ferrari)

Last edited:
That end challenge for the IC license was a bitch, I do not understand how that Miura repeatedly caught up to me even though I have technology that surpasses it by an entire decade, but I finally did conquer it albeit only with third place. I'm doing the Top Gear challenge with the Elise, how they managed to make the Lotus handle like a 70s muscle car is beyond me.

Richard Porter's take on GT5:
sniffpetrol.com said:
Less than a week after Gran Turismo 5 went on sale, the game?s creator has stunned fans by asking for it back.

Reports from Japan say that Kazunori Yamauchi, the man behind the much-delayed driving simulator, is insisting that every single copy to be returned to him after spotting some mistakes in it.

?After several delays lasting over a year we thought that at last Yamauchi-san was happy with GT5,? said a spokesman for the game?s publishers Polyphony. ?Unfortunately yesterday he noticed that one of the buildings in the background at the Monza track was slightly the wrong colour. Also, one of the side repeaters on the Nissan 370Z was not exactly the right shape. As a result, he asks that everyone stop playing the game immediately and returns it to him so that it can be destroyed. He will notify you when new Gran Turismo 5 is ready. Thank you.?

The sudden recall has come as a shock to game players across the world. ?We?ve waited six years and now this?? said Litotes Meng from gaming website goawaymumi?mbusy.com ?What are we supposed to do once we?ve sent it back? Go outside and talk to real people? Have another wank? God, this is so unfair.?

Can somebody tell me what a good shifting technique is? Whenever I use the H-shifter and clutch and I shift a little bit fast the gear gets stuck in neutral... Thats quite irritating... And I can't really make out what seems to be the problem. Too much throttle? Clutch not fully depressed? Problem because the fanatec PWTS isn't fully supported?

I've been up all night... I can't tell if thats serious. Are they really recalling the game? That can't be right?

On another note, I FINALLY managed to finish 2 laps of the TG track in that goddam Lotus. Finished 9th <_<.

EDIT: Reread that clip. Thought about reasons why its being recalled. I get it.
Yeah, I'd say I'm a bit slow this morning.

Last edited:
Can somebody tell me what a good shifting technique is? Whenever I use the H-shifter and clutch and I shift a little bit fast the gear gets stuck in neutral... Thats quite irritating... And I can't really make out what seems to be the problem. Too much throttle? Clutch not fully depressed? Problem because the fanatec PWTS isn't fully supported?

With the H-box (and particularly 2nd gear, for some reason) you have to go smoother and slower than you think you should. The gear isn't stuck in neutral, it's popping out; at least that's my take on it. It's still really annoying, I was hoping for a grinding noise or something else to tell you you screwed up the shift.

The German DTM race is funny, you can win it in a non-German, non-DTM car. :cool:

AI name: S.Schumacher.

Last edited:
I'm rather enjoying my 173hp Daihatsu Move SR-XX. Revs up to 10,000rpm. The 5500-6250rpm zone sounds like I'm going over a rumble strip :lol:.

I'm rather enjoying my 173hp Daihatsu Move SR-XX. Revs up to 10,000rpm. The 5500-6250rpm zone sounds like I'm going over a rumble strip :lol:.
:lol: I'll race you with my 120 HP Toyota Sports 800. Let's see how well you can put that power down :p

Final Gear Top tip: Start saving, last night I had 4 events left and 2 million credits. I had to buy 2 cars for 2 events and most of the money went.

I have 2 events left, Level 23 and a Level 24. For the Level 23 you have to save a minimum 5 million. Theres no way around it.
For the Level 24, I'm having to grind XP to try and unlock the event.

Final Gear Top tip: Start saving, last night I had 4 events left and 2 million credits. I had to buy 2 cars for 2 events and most of the money went.

I have 2 events left, Level 23 and a Level 24. For the Level 23 you have to save a minimum 5 million. Theres no way around it.
For the Level 24, I'm having to grind XP to try and unlock the event.

I hate this goddamn level system they implemented. :S
They could atleast let players see what events are ahead...

I have effectively turned all my B-Spec drivers into cash cows.
I am leveling up a few because I think later there will be endurance races and you can put more than 1 driver in the seat. That's what I think anyway, any confirmations?

I have effectively turned all my B-Spec drivers into cash cows.
I am leveling up a few because I think later there will be endurance races and you can put more than 1 driver in the seat. That's what I think anyway, any confirmations?

Not sure.

You unlock a different endurance race at every level 25 to 40.

L duke is only at 13. :(

EDIT: One event to go... I have 3 milion, 2 to go. :(

Last edited: