Game: Who likes Classic / Retro Gaming?

Oh well I'm not sure then. Some walkthrough I read had a whole bunch of stuff after that quest so I'm not exactly sure. It felt like it should have been the end of the game because it was quite a quest (the parts I got through).

I'm going to have to play it again to see if the walkthrough was right though.

Man, now I can't wait for a remake of VI talking about DQ. (I really want the new one, 9, but it's quite too expensive.)

I love me some old games, I grew up on Lemmings, Transport Tycoon and Stunts. What really got me into gaming later was Duke Nukem 3D, followed by C&C Red Alert and the first Carmageddon.

I guess I'm gonna reinstall C&C The First Decade...

Oh well I'm not sure then. Some walkthrough I read had a whole bunch of stuff after that quest so I'm not exactly sure. It felt like it should have been the end of the game because it was quite a quest (the parts I got through).

I'm going to have to play it again to see if the walkthrough was right though.

Man, now I can't wait for a remake of VI talking about DQ. (I really want the new one, 9, but it's quite too expensive.)

The cheapest I've seen 9 was $30. It's quite good, but it seems more repetitive than usual in the way the quests are structured. Still like it though.

And of course there's this

Fallout - a RPG that to this day is an incredible experience. I played it for the first time this year and I was blown away by what they did back in 1997. Music, characters and game changing decision making - they're all there

Fallout! I played 3, but not the first and second ones. Getting them now :D

Jagged Alliance 2 is another great recipe for fun. Try out the Deidranna Rules mod for added fun :p

I love how everybody keeps bringing up games that came out a decade after I started playing games :p

Retro? focking pong.....that's retro , damn kids.......

:p

I love how everybody keeps bringing up games that came out a decade after I started playing games :p

Retro? focking pong.....that's retro , damn kids.......

:p

Ok then, played this(and many others) in the 90s on the Romanian copy of the ZX Spectrum, that used these as data storage

AudioCassettes1.jpg

Well give me a break, I was born in '85 and the first console I had was the cheap imitation of the japanese Famicom (there was no north-american like NES where I grew up, but the games were exactly the same, different cartridges)

01famicom.jpg

These were quite fragile and I must have gone through 5 till I got my Genesis. That didn't break for a long long time and when it did, it was the power adapter, not the system. Good times...

One day soon, I will tell my son, "when I was your age, I had to blow on video games to make them work," and he will look at me with bafflement.

One day soon, I will tell my son, "when I was your age, I had to blow on video games to make them work," and he will look at me with bafflement.

You have to use your hands?? That's like a baby's toy...

On the shooters topic, raise your hand if you wanted to shoot that motehrf$#"%ing dog that laughed at you when you missed the ducks.

[youtube]I69GKdVDc9I[/youtube]

I still have every Game in that series, have considered getting an old Pc just to run them again since I can't seem to get them to work on this Godforsaken Vista contraption.....

I still have every Game in that series, have considered getting an old Pc just to run them again since I can't seem to get them to work on this Godforsaken Vista contraption.....

nothing quite like taking out rebel terrorists D:

To keep this still alive, two more blasts from the past

MDK, released in 1997. One of those games that weren't really groundbreaking as far as innovation goes but what it did it did really well. If you're into retro gaming the gameplay of MDK hasn't aged that badly either and it runs on Windows XP, it's something worth trying out if you get your hands on it.

POD, also released in about 1997. This, as opposed to MDK, really hasn't aged well and I don't really recommend trying it but what POD did do well was the environments and the general apocalyptic feel, something I don't remember seeing in racing games since. I would really love to see a remake of this one, with similar environments but proper gameplay.