Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You bring out equipment to clear 5 cm of snow from roads?

Weird.

Yeah, 5cm of snow is not much, but clearing it will make the morning traffic flow much better. And of course Germans want to keep everything clean and efficient :D Also there's always some people who manage to crash, no matter how little snow there is. I saw one Passat which had rear ended some other VW, and I honestly don't have a clue how that was possible in that weather unless the driver had fallen asleep.

I saw another white Mirage today. Same generation, but it had some subtle differences (I think it was a 2000 or 2001 model). It was even dirtier than my car was when I didn't wash it.

Also, they are getting to be a rarer and rarer car. Most of them died quite a long time ago (They used to be everywhere in CA, correct me if they are more common elsewhere).

*random thought*

Also, supposedly Google research is telling me that my car should have 4.9" ground clearance, but mine seems lower than that, or at least some of the metal parts in the undercarriage seem lower. I'll have to measure it and see. (I can't go up those steeper curbs that some neighborhoods have like mine even going slowly without scraping my car bottom.)

Last edited:
:w00t:

The Capristo exhaust is quite interesting. The F355 has a valve build in the exhaust system so it'll be straight pipes over certain rpm but pretty quiet on lower rpm's.
Almost changed the Viper for one of these but never pulled the trigger.
Maybe I should. :?

Is that an air freshener? :blink:

You should bury the bodies sooner, before they start stinking.

That's been in there since I got the car from the Quitman Police. I didn't ask why there was an air freshener in the trunk and I wasn't sure I wanted to know, either.

Not sure I want to take it off, either.

I saw another white Mirage today. Same generation, but it had some subtle differences (I think it was a 2000 or 2001 model). It was even dirtier than my car was when I didn't wash it.

Also, they are getting to be a rarer and rarer car. Most of them died quite a long time ago (They used to be everywhere in CA, correct me if they are more common elsewhere).

*random thought*

Also, supposedly Google research is telling me that my car should have 4.9" ground clearance, but mine seems lower than that, or at least some of the metal parts in the undercarriage seem lower. I'll have to measure it and see. (I can't go up those steeper curbs that some neighborhoods have like mine even going slowly without scraping my car bottom.)

Your springs have probably sagged, as do all cars with age and use. As for the Mirage - the only place they remain even close to plentiful is CA, they died out a long long time ago everywhere else and nobody could be arsed to resurrect them.

Last edited:
So my windscreen washers are hopelessly frozen, and the spray valve for the left headlight isn't even moving back into place after (trying to) spray. Damnit. And even in my garage it won't be warm enough to defrost the thing...
Well, my garage was warm enough after all. So having no hope helped. ;)

Heh...I saw a Mirage at school this morning with blue go-faster stripes and a wing about as big as mine. They haven't disappeared like a figment of your imagination that you have when you're going nuts in the heat!

I see a few on my campus, generally in fair shape

Speaking of Mirages, I've seen one - albeit with Dodge badges, because it wasn't sold in Canada as a Mitsubishi because Mitsubishi didn't actually sell Mitsubishis in Canada as Mitsubishis but instead sold them as Dodges in Dodge stores until Dodge didn't want to sell Mitsubishis as Dodges so Mitsubishi started selling Mitsubishis instead of making Dodge-badged Mitsubishis in Canada, but that all happened post-Mirage - and I remember thinking "what on earth is that? It's like a boring coupe, but I don't recognize it!" and then I realized what it was. Then I was slightly depressed that I apparently have all the dull cars on the last 20 years memorized. I've only ever seen one though.

Speaking of Mirages, I've seen one - albeit with Dodge badges, because it wasn't sold in Canada as a Mitsubishi because Mitsubishi didn't actually sell Mitsubishis in Canada as Mitsubishis but instead sold them as Dodges in Dodge stores until Dodge didn't want to sell Mitsubishis as Dodges so Mitsubishi started selling Mitsubishis instead of making Dodge-badged Mitsubishis in Canada, but that all happened post-Mirage - and I remember thinking "what on earth is that? It's like a boring coupe, but I don't recognize it!" and then I realized what it was. Then I was slightly depressed that I apparently have all the dull cars on the last 20 years memorized. I've only ever seen one though.

What now? What was it called as a Dodge? Dodge Mirage? That actually kind of rhymes. o-O I know that in America at least, Dodge did some cross platform stuff with Mitsubishi (Back in the 70s some Mitsubishis were just rebadged as Dodges and so forth).

Well I think part of the reason why many Mirages died (in CA at least) is because they seem to have a weaker body. The dent in the trunk of mine was done in a parking lot by some old lady in a RAV4. She barely hit it (it made a small dent in her headlight cover), it dented the trunk quite well. Faiiiiiiiil. The paint/clearcoat isn't very good as many Mitsubishi products from that time seem to show. It's the rustiest car we have.

Most of the Mirages I see are in worse shape than mine. Which isn't good. I did see a PRISTINE one not that long ago. It was red and driven by a later 20s looking lady. Body still looked absolutely solid and great paint. (Probably repainted I'd imagine).

Also, they really aren't a candidate (collector type) car to resurrect anyway. There's been the movement to put 4G63 turbo engines in them lately, which is actually quite odd I think.

uot3p.jpg

End of the road.

They're taking the remnants of the building's old heating system. :p

They should've taken the car as well. :p

amemiya24kgold.jpg

Yes, those are 24K gold dipped wheels.

Definition of vulgar. :may: