Unveiled: NEW 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLK UNVEILED!!!

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic

:cool:

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/12/03/banana.jpg

Oh my, that looks absolutely awful. The SL nose doesn't work at all, neither do the side vents.

546515112563576694.jpg

Of course they show it in the dark

I?ve never liked the F1-style-nose on the SLK ... and I?m quite amazed they were actually able to make the front end worse for the new one. What on earth is wrong with these people? They are not seriously going to let it go on sale like that, are they? Please tell me that is a Joke ... it has to be.

http://img3.imageshack.**/img3/4233/1291396113554.jpg

That said, I?ll of course reserve final judegment to untill I see one for real. Maybe this all works in 3D and is utter shite in 2D (like a lot of Movies this year).

Last edited:
Wish they didn't make it looks like a mini-SL. (yeah I know thats what the SLK is intended to be, duh) but a squashed down little-person version of the current SL is not a good look for this car. Esp with all the SL's all the road, people are going to see this car, squint at it several times and think its a regular SL that looks 'wrong for some reason'.

Should have gone w a more bespoke design fitting of its size. The stubby SLR front end of the previous SLK actually worked ok.

Last edited:
Looks very disproportionate.

What the hell is wrong with Mercedes exterior design? Who decided that the best thing to do was make grilles so large that a family of four could comfortably live in one? Because this is awful. Can't imagine why you would have one over a BMW Z4.

Dashboard looks quite nice though.

Someone put an SL in the dryer.

I see nothing wrong with this car. No, it isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but that's a good thing. It looks brutish and masculine. I'm sure it will be bought exclusively by hairdressers, but at least it looks like they're trying to shake off the girly image. +rep to Mercedes for that.

Oh come on, its not so bad, yes it does look like the current SL, but that one will be replaced next year by a complete new one anyway, that probably look like the SLS, or the SLR SM (its beeing around for nearly 9 years, so it definatly will be replaced, rather beeing lifted again)

Also I have to say, it looks a damn side better than the old SLK, with it's silly F1-Nose.

Edit: Btw, by comparing the old and the new SLK, I see some fairly close parallels, which tells me that this new one, is just a Facelift of the old one.

Last edited:
The shots so far aren't terribly clear, but I actually like it.

Mind you, I like the current SLK and even the first-gen SLK from certain angles. Not sure, but it doesn't seem like the SLK has ever been too popular in terms of styling, so maybe I'm just odd.

I like it. Please shoot me.

Then shoot me as well.

I'd never actually buy one, though. Because it's a Mercedes.

So Merc borrowed the photocopier from Audi.