What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Quite a lot. Or at least, it all arrived today. I got some new glasses, plus these.
IMG_7865.JPG

IMG_7864.JPG

IMG_7863.JPG

009C0525000

And more...

Which resulted in:
IMG_7854.JPG

Yup. I have that one, a Mac Plus, and a hacked-period-upgraded Mac 128K that is essentially a Plus. The last was actually my computer back in the late 80s, early 90s. All still work. Not real useful, but they still work. I also have a working IIfx (my actual 90s computer, runs A/UX), a working LC with Apple IIe card, and others lying around - all still work.

The Volcano's 'shop computer' for reading manuals, playing music and web browsing (when wireless is connected) is actually an old PowerBook G4 at the moment. :D

Last edited:
61tcRGt9ivL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51ZV2gcDf2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Looks almost identical to my Arc'Teryx jacket.

:dunno: Those're not common around here.

The more I look at it, the more I am sure it is the same jacket, simply sold under a different name.

I think around 450 canadian dollars, but on sale for 350 or something. But that was 2 years ago, so I might not remember correctly, plus it was offered to me for my birthday...

450CAD is 340?, list price on mine is 349? - could be the same. On sale for 325?, got it for under 200? :lol: my brother gets almost half off.
From the company structure point of view it would be odd though, they have pretty much nothing in common.

Last edited:
200? (yeah I had to copy and paste that) for a jacket? WOW... Most I have ever paid was $60

Some of that is for the GoreTex logo :lol: I'd never buy it for the regular sale price, but 200? for a properly waterproof breathable jacket is allright. Offshore gear is a lot worse price-wise.

Last edited:
200? (yeah I had to copy and paste that) for a jacket? WOW... Most I have ever paid was $60

Funny you say that. Just got this in black on sale for $56 from $70. I actually wanted green, and cotton, but the sale was only for the microfleece in black.

pocketmap_hoodie_reg.jpg

pocketmap_hoodie_xray.jpg

Last edited:
More new shoes! My everyday black Johnson and Murphys finally bit the dust...so I got some Cole Haan Air Neroli Moc Ox with the nifty Nike Air inserts, I recommend them.

Air-Neroli-Moc-Ox-C09061_A.jpg

Funny you say that. Just got this in black on sale for $56 from $70. I actually wanted green, and cotton, but the sale was only for the microfleece in black.

What is this jacket? I need a new lightweight jacket and this might just fit the bill.