Car for commute + snow.

pihalla.jpg

F'in hate snow. :cry:

Well, you're just going to have to move.

Or send your snow here. PLEASE!!! :p

Can't believe this got to 10 pages! haha Well thought I would give you guys an update, I'm finally looking at the Subaru WRX wagon tomorrow and I'm hoping it will all check out. I'll keep you guys posted.

So I checked out the car in person and all looks good to me. After a quick mechanical inspection I am hoping to be a Subaru owner by Friday of next week! :joy:

Sun + snow + cold air = icicles!

Due to freak weather I have icicles under my car now that give me a ride height of about 2cm :mrgreen:
I tried kicking them off but they're ice, ice baby.

Due to freak weather I have icicles under my car now that give me a ride height of about 2cm :mrgreen:
I tried kicking them off but they're ice, ice baby.

Last march I was driving through heavy snow for 4-5 hours - had lovely ice armor all around the car. Sadly, no camera with me. Also, was after midnight. I was cold. It was still snowing. Wanted my bed :lol: so I didn't go back with a camera :cry: now I regret that.
My mirrors had about a kg of ice each, making them superaerodynamic. My numberplate was hidden under 10cm of ice. Want to give me a speeding ticket? Sure, come chisel your way through :lol:

Still haven't gotten any real snow here. It's depressing; I want to do some epic donuts in my F150.

So I checked out the car in person and all looks good to me. After a quick mechanical inspection I am hoping to be a Subaru owner by Friday of next week! :joy:
Good luck man, I'll be jealous. :mrgreen:

Still haven't gotten any real snow here. It's depressing; I want to do some epic donuts in my F150.

I'm in the same boat with my Caballero :D

Does your truck have a posi?

Last march I was driving through heavy snow for 4-5 hours - had lovely ice armor all around the car. Sadly, no camera with me. Also, was after midnight. I was cold. It was still snowing. Wanted my bed :lol: so I didn't go back with a camera :cry: now I regret that.
My mirrors had about a kg of ice each, making them superaerodynamic. My numberplate was hidden under 10cm of ice. Want to give me a speeding ticket? Sure, come chisel your way through :lol:

That sort of icing happened to me too. Except then it turned to rain and magically all the ice on the hood of my truck (which has a significant amount of hood) caught wind and flipped up into my windshield. Scared the shit out of me and I honestly don't know how my windshield didn't crack from the impact.

Car is bought! woo hoo!

Now I just need to address some maint. stuff...

brakes, belts, etc.

Congrats!

The answer to the RWD v. FWD snow debate is always with same. AWD. :D

I love the snow, but when it all melts and turns to dirt, that sucks. Everything just gets so dirty.