Car commercials that are just... sad.

Theres one on TV now for A Hyundai Sonata (I think) where the girl is sitting at a stool singing the "Up on the rooftop.." Christmas song... And she looks like she's being held hostage and been forced to be in the commercial against her will. :p

Her expression never changes once, she has that blank zombie look on her face the whole time.

I hate those ads with a passion...the "carolers" don't look happy at all. Plus the version of "up on the rooftop..."
they use is some weird new-ageish trippy version. :no:

Sorry for me going this back but.

Le Bump, because I just found out that Peugeot got RAY CHARLES to endorse a car.

That's not sad, look at the man, he's thoroughly enjoying himself. Peugeot just brought him in and told him to drive and my god he seems to be enjoying every minute of it.

Last edited:
One series of commercials that sticks out in my mind as being particularly sad - and almost killed the division it was advertising - were the infamous "rocks and trees" ads for Infiniti in late 1989-early 1990. Those commercials never even showed the actual car.

I've been unable to find those commercials on YouTube, so if anyone knows where they can be found and uploads one of them, I would forever be in your debt.

These are cringe worthy now, they they were awesome in 1987. I present the "we build excitement" series of commercials from Pontiac.

[video=youtube;zERjM-S1EV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zERjM-S1EV0[/video]

I'm loving that Grand Am one. What a pompous commercial for such a mediocre car. I like the emphasis on shifting. I wasn't aware that any of these ever had a manual until I looked it up online.