Random Thoughts....

Looks like there's a new ad on Wikipedia. At least it's not Jimmy Wales again

There was an event on at my school today that meant that parking in the surrounding area was at a premium. One of the nearby shops sent a staff member out into the carpark to tell people who weren't shopping there not to park there. He looked very professional with his high-vis vest and walkie talkie, until it became obvious that the "walkie talkie" he was using was actually an insulated coffee mug with a biro stuck in it.

Worth mentioning are the KARLSTAD sofa
I can't afford KARLSTAD. But...
Sidenote: Ikea has comfy-looking couches. I wouldn't mind one if I can ever replace the beige "here, have a couch" couch in my living room. :/ OMG THEY HAD A BRIGHT RED ONE* and this is still not homework dang it dang it dang it.

...I got KLIPPAN in bright red, in fact, i'm sitting on it as i am writing this lines. Combined with all-black other furniture except for red EXPEDIT doors it gives the place a nice 70s feel.

I think I have consumed more Vicks cold medication today than I have actual food. Of all the days to start coughing and sniffling, it was the Anniversary of Escaping the Womb.
Happy birthday, then.

I find the ignorance in discussion of a proposed R18+ classification for video games in Australia both amusing and frightening.

I find the ignorance in discussion of a proposed R18+ classification for video games in Australia both amusing and frightening.

What's wrong with it?
AFAIK not too different from what we got here, selling K-18 -games to children is pretty much as illegal as selling alcohol to them.

Ergh :wall:

I honestly dont see how the introduction of the R18+ rating can be anything but good and it's just sad one or two important people who have no idea about the matter (misplaced concerns) can stop this.

What's wrong with it?
AFAIK not too different from what we got here, selling K-18 -games to children is pretty much as illegal as selling alcohol to them.

The fact there is not said rating, and the people who decide so generally have no idea about games.
Anywho, I don't wish to kick up a stink talking about it on here, just that random thought I had.

Wish I knew how to save properly. I'm spending way too much on shit. I want to buy a car within six months so I need to get some control now. Put money away, stop buying junk foods, snacking, random misc stuff, etc. Easy to say now, but I have little self control... :p

I think what I'll do is open a new account, dump all but say $1000 in that (safety), and keep adding to it with each pay cheque less the bare amount I need to get through the fortnight. Then tear up any debit cards they give me for it so I cant just access it without really wanting to. Yes, that's what I'll do.

Last edited:
Wish I knew how to save properly. I'm spending way too much on shit. I want to buy a car within six months so I need to get some control now. Put money away, stop buying junk foods, snacking, random misc stuff, etc. Easy to say now, but I have little self control... :p

I think what I'll do is open a new account, dump all but say $1000 in that (safety), and keep adding to it with each pay cheque less the bare amount I need to get through the fortnight. Then tear up any debit cards they give me for it so I cant just access it without really wanting to. Yes, that's what I'll do.

strange, i seem to be the exact opposite :p if i spend my money i spend it carefully and reasonably... rest of it just sits around in the bank until god knows when :dunno:

strange, i seem to be the exact opposite :p if i spend my money i spend it carefully and reasonably... rest of it just sits around in the bank until god knows when :dunno:

:wave: buddy, mate, pal, cobber, friend.........

and yes Red_Bull, that's what I did. Mandatory deduction every week, taken out before I could get to it. And no keycard or anything for the account. Means you don't have easy access to it.

apricots are nice

Oh, and December is cancelled. Please adjust your calendars accordingly.

Last edited:
Yay! I don't have to turn 30!

Yay! I don't have to turn 30!

Exactly. And for multitudes of other reasons.

(you're getting old, you're getting old, you're getting old :dance: just like the rest of us....... )

yes, 2 years, 5 months till Four-O

there's never any correlation between a dot matrix display and the truth :may:

So I found myself at a Busstop in the morning, staring at a dot matrix display and these wise words come to mind as the display shows busses coming to the stop and leaving, while there are no busses coming or leaving (they were stuck in a Jam because of an accident halfway across town). It took on bizarre proportions as the display counted down my bus (wich comes once an hour) from 10 minutes 3 times in a row. 10 minutes, 9 Minutes [...] 1 Minute , departing - 10 Minutes, 9 Minutes (and so on). While the Bus was nowhere to be seen. I was already considerung being trapped in a time-space paradoxon where I would have to relive those 10 Minutes again and again without the Bus coming and freezing while it snowed ... when said wise words came to mind and I figured I shouldn?t pay the bloody thing any attention. Thank you Mr May.

Last edited: