Idiots + Winter - The FAIL Collection Thread

I thought that bus would in a full lock counter steer drift... I was disappointed. Also, I don't follow your train of thought with the second video... but that school has The Hangover movie posters?! LOL...

-Robert

Ii thought the same, and was also disapointed. :lol:

Although I don't see why he's getting so much praise, granted it was a somewhat steep hill, it's not like it was that tough.

He had massive weight for traction and a much larger contact patch than a car. I was more impressed by his ability to steer around all those cars than I was anything else.

I was going to post some bad drivers but I have no videos, from the last snowfall we had here but you gotta give us credit. We just came out of a lake effect squall that lasted 3 days and dumped anywhere from 70 to 100 cm of snow. North of us a township got 177 cm over those 3 days.

Almost t-boned a BMW because he couldn't see over the snow bank. The snow bank was almost as tall as my truck. It is kinda funny seeing a city shut down with only 11 cm but then again they don't get that kind of snowfall all the time like some of us that are used to it.

That footage of Paris at a standstill in 4.5 inches of snow is hilarious. We are expecting almost that much snow tonight, and it will be wet, heavy stuff down in the valley. The X is in the shop and I'm driving the 1999 S80 on all-seasons.

I am not the least bit worried about handling the weather tomorrow morning.

LOL, silly French. Dallas, where it rarely snows, doesn't stall out like that until we get at least 12 inches of snow. I say at least, because we got a foot of snow one day this year; everyone just ignored it and kept driving, albeit slower than usual. Perhaps it is because we do not generally drive weak ecocrapboxen. :D

Last edited:
Although I don't see why he's getting so much praise, granted it was a somewhat steep hill, it's not like it was that tough.
Those buses handle snow well, like Blind said, but combine those conditions with all those other people stuck on the road and it's pretty damned good driving. Try to imagine driving something 40' long with a 25' wheelbase. It's a bigger pain in the ass than it looks.

LOL, silly French.
Whatever man. Texans can't handle rain, much less snow. :p

Also, I don't follow your train of thought with the second video... but that school has The Hangover movie posters?! LOL...
It was mostly a jab at the scottish who have to stay in school because of all the snow, while the pictures from the schoolyard show some woman shovelling around haplessly in 2 cm snow :D

I thought that bus would in a full lock counter steer drift... I was disappointed. Also, I don't follow your train of thought with the second video... but that school has The Hangover movie posters?! LOL...

Me too, let's make up for it.

Whatever man. Texans can't handle rain, much less snow. :p

Dunno, CJ and I seemed to do pretty well. We didn't see any crashes and we slogged all the way across town to pick up that VF500 Interceptor that day. I actually drove all over town earlier that day to make my rounds as none of my clients had closed.

gwma.jpg

What, you think a little snow is going to keep us from going to get a screaming deal on a motorcycle?

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

Most people were able to remain mobile and go about their business. Lots of out-of-staters crashing, though. Mostly (surprise) lightweight failwheeldrive ecocrapboxen, too. We didn't see a single wrecked or even stuck truck, nor anything with decent size or heft in distress. Did see a dead IceMobile (Mitsu sedan); we wondered if the driver had also swerved to 'avoid a deer'. :p

Last edited:
Paris gets shutdown by 11cm of snow?! And I thought that my city was terrible at handling it.

They didn't shut down, they just surrenderd to the weather :p

(surprise) lightweight failwheeldrive ecocrapboxen, too. We didn't see a single wrecked or even stuck truck, nor anything with decent size or heft in distress.

In my area, it's the opposite. Not a lot of small crap cars off the road, but tons of SUV's and 4x4's.

It's almost as though the people in the crap cars (like mine) know we're in crap cars and need to be extra careful, and the ones in SUV's and 4x4's think they're invincible and floor it.

Dunno, CJ and I seemed to do pretty well. We didn't see any crashes and we slogged all the way across town to pick up that VF500 Interceptor that day. I actually drove all over town earlier that day to make my rounds as none of my clients had closed.

gwma.jpg

What, you think a little snow is going to keep us from going to get a screaming deal on a motorcycle?

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

Most people were able to remain mobile and go about their business. Lots of out-of-staters crashing, though. Mostly (surprise) lightweight failwheeldrive ecocrapboxen, too. We didn't see a single wrecked or even stuck truck, nor anything with decent size or heft in distress. Did see a dead IceMobile (Mitsu sedan); we wondered if the driver had also swerved to 'avoid a deer'. :p

When you really want to impress me, then go out with that bike in the snow and make a video about it. People here are riding their bicycles and scooters to work like nothing happened :p

That wasn't the point of the pics. The point is that given equivalent amounts of snow on the ground, we're still functional in Dallas, where it rarely snows, and Paris isn't, where it often does. :p

Last edited:
You would think so, but apparently it does not - as demonstrated by those videos. :p

Edit: Come to think of it, I was surprised that the Parisians who had abandoned their vehicles did not set them on fire. :p

Last edited:
By the way, there is a shortage of snow tires here.

That means you have to consider where to park your car:
01-winterreifen-geklaut-18755345__MBQF-1291729036,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Huh? Who the hell steals smartwheels? Not like they fit under much else.
A thief driving a smart? No professionalisme these days, none......

:p

When you really want to impress me, then go out with that bike in the snow and make a video about it. People here are riding their bicycles and scooters to work like nothing happened :p

This is (should be) the only way to get to work in winter

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2010/12/12/isracing-210.jpg